THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 11:06:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rfalconcam merchandise suggestions  (Read 5449 times)
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« on: 29-Nov-10, 06:56:05 PM »

Since we're baring our souls lately, here's my problem.  Sad I would dearly love to purchase many of the items from the rfalconcam stores because they're beautiful and raise money for the falcons. But I absolutely CANNOT afford them because I am a retired senior citizen on a limited fixed income. Is it at all possible to come up with cute but less expensive merchandise?  I'm thinking of small things such as decals, bumper stickers, magnets, and memo pads. What I'd really love is to be able to buy embroidery patches or transfers to sew or iron on my homemade tote bags, a favorite tee, or a quilt square. As an example, I can only imagine how beautiful logo submission #73-74 would look as a full-size color transfer on a shirt or bag. Also, I collect free graphics to use in my personal emails and would be happy to purchase the right to be able to use the winning logo when I email a friend.

I do realize that such items would not bring in tons of money. Still, I doubt that I'm the only one in this group who cannot afford the current merchandise, so perhaps quantity of sales might make up for the affordable price.  Just something for the merchandising committee to think about ...

eyecat Penny Pinching Dot in PA
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 29-Nov-10, 07:18:52 PM »

Since we're baring our souls lately, here's my problem.  Sad I would dearly love to purchase many of the items from the rfalconcam stores because they're beautiful and raise money for the falcons. But I absolutely CANNOT afford them because I am a retired senior citizen on a limited fixed income. Is it at all possible to come up with cute but less expensive merchandise?  I'm thinking of small things such as decals, bumper stickers, magnets, and memo pads. What I'd really love is to be able to buy embroidery patches or transfers to sew or iron on my homemade tote bags, a favorite tee, or a quilt square. As an example, I can only imagine how beautiful logo submission #73-74 would look as a full-size color transfer on a shirt or bag. Also, I collect free graphics to use in my personal emails and would be happy to purchase the right to be able to use the winning logo when I email a friend.

I do realize that such items would not bring in tons of money. Still, I doubt that I'm the only one in this group who cannot afford the current merchandise, so perhaps quantity of sales might make up for the affordable price.  Just something for the merchandising committee to think about ...

You are not alone in penny pinching, Dot.  While I can afford some...and I save up for others...I've had to pass up a lot of items too.  Some items that I could craft myself would be wonderful!  As I read your note I started thinking about embroidering some of the pictures...that would be fun!

I like it!  Ei

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29-Nov-10, 07:28:03 PM »

Excellent ideas, Dot!  thumbsup

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29-Nov-10, 07:39:59 PM »

Excellent ideas, Dot!  thumbsup

Great idea Dot! Sometimes the smaller things are nice and more people would buy them. I like it.  2thumbsup

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 29-Nov-10, 09:38:13 PM »

A quick check on CafePress shows that we could sell decals, bumper stickers, and magnets for about $5 apiece.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29-Nov-10, 09:56:54 PM »

Dot, I to understand penny-pinching.  So your request is something we will definitely look into.  Thanks for sharing your idea.
Carol P.

Peregrines know no borders.....
NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29-Nov-10, 11:30:12 PM »

I think that's a great idea Dot!  clap Lots of times a person wants to give some smaller gifts to several people and those would be wonderful!  Also considering the number of people like you who are retired, out of work, or like me lately with less work.

KapiVT
Eyas

Like Count: 9

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30-Nov-10, 08:24:28 AM »

I certainly understand where you are coming from, Dot, as I, too, am now living on a retirement income. Given the current state of the economy, I am sure that many others are doing more penny pinching than they once did.  I have definitely bought, and generally donated, less this year than in the past.
Kapi in VT
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30-Nov-10, 08:34:02 AM »

Thanks, Shaky! Bumper stickers, decals, magnets for around $5 or a little higher is just the sort of thing I had in mind. I think they would need to have some bright color in them to be appealing.  Peregrines are wonderful creatures but their coloring is not especially eye-catching. A design in color like some of the proposed logos, the Birdadorable-type graphic, colored text accenting a black design, etc. would be great.  I would then be able to support the falcons in a small way without being sad that I can't afford the $55 bathrobes and the $35 sweatshirts.

Dot in PA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: