THE FORUM

07-Sep-24, 08:58:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time To Choose A New Rfalconcam Logo  (Read 16850 times)
Yarak
Forum Bot
Bot
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 96

Keeping falcon fans connected

View Profile
« on: 01-Dec-10, 08:10:25 PM »

Recently the Rfalconcam's Merchandising team embarked on an effort to update the logo we use on our website.  Our current logo features Kaver in a stylized egg.  It has served us well since the Genesee Valley Audubon Society took over the falconcam from Kodak back in 2007.  We know that many of...

Link:
http://rfalconcam.com/imprinting/?p=1390

This is an automated post.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 01-Dec-10, 09:25:17 PM »

Please note that the "eye" banner shown with the 2nd logo in not part of the actually logo. It's merely an example of how the logo could be used on a banner.

KapiVT
Eyas

Like Count: 9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01-Dec-10, 09:32:05 PM »

Is there any way to enlarge those images.  I can barely see the detail.
Thanks,
Kapi in VT
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 01-Dec-10, 09:37:16 PM »

When you are on the voting page, if you click on the magnifying glass in the upper right corner of each logo, it will display a larger version of it.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01-Dec-10, 09:39:33 PM »

When you are on the voting page, if you click on the magnifying glass in the upper right corner of each logo, it will display a larger version of it.

When I do that, the larger image scoots off the top of the page-I can see just a bit of the bottom of the logos.  And the page can't be scrolled.  

Ei

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 01-Dec-10, 09:41:37 PM »

When I do that, the larger image scoots off the top of the page-I can see just a bit of the bottom of the logos.  And the page can't be scrolled.  

Ei

Ei, I found (quite through trial and error), that you can drag the enlarged image down to where you can see it.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01-Dec-10, 09:45:54 PM »

Ei

Ei, I found (quite through trial and error), that you can drag the enlarged image down to where you can see it.

That did it!  After clicking on the "lock", that is.  Thanks!

BTW-in my old IE 6 (which I never use, so I didn't bother to upgrade) the "stars" don't show.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 01-Dec-10, 09:48:27 PM »

Yep, after displaying the larger image just move your mouse cursor on top of it.  The cursor will change shape into a "move" cursor with 4 directional arrows.  Then you can click and drag the image to view different parts of it.  There's an "x" in the upper right corner of the large image which you can click to close it.

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01-Dec-10, 10:05:47 PM »

I was able to right click on the lock and open it to a larger version.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01-Dec-10, 10:10:25 PM »

I'm curious, have they met the criteria needed? I was hoping for more Rochestery type logo's. I will admit, I'll miss that Kaver.

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 01-Dec-10, 10:20:17 PM »

When I do that, the larger image scoots off the top of the page-I can see just a bit of the bottom of the logos.  And the page can't be scrolled. 

Ei

You can also view larger versions of them on the original project page. They are entries 99 and 109.

http://www.crowdspring.com/project/2290056_rfalconcam-logo/

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 01-Dec-10, 10:30:23 PM »

I'm curious, have they met the criteria needed? I was hoping for more Rochestery type logo's. I will admit, I'll miss that Kaver.

They came the closest to meeting all the criteria.

anneintoronto
« Reply #12 on: 02-Dec-10, 03:39:38 AM »

Thanks very much to those who worked hard sorting through all the logos and for electing the last ones for our vote!  You've done a great job!!  The offer to let the group vote for a final choice...PRICELESS!! 2thumbsup

Thank you, again!!
Anne in Toronto
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02-Dec-10, 08:01:35 AM »

I just voted.  mini-bird My compliments to all the artists who submitted entries. Many thanks to Shaky, Lou, and the rest of the committee who found this method to get a logo and then winnowed through all of them to allow the rest of us a chance to have our say on the final two.

Dot in PA
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02-Dec-10, 08:40:33 AM »

I just voted.  mini-bird My compliments to all the artists who submitted entries. Many thanks to Shaky, Lou, and the rest of the committee who found this method to get a logo and then winnowed through all of them to allow the rest of us a chance to have our say on the final two.

Dot in PA

Just an FYI that the following folks were on this team:
Dana
Kathy O
Marcia L
Carrie
Shaky
Lou
Carol P.

The artists that contributed their work to this effort did an awesome job.  Every one of them.  It was really hard to decide on just two.  Thanks to all of you!   clap

Also, thanks to the forum members that put their two cents in.  Your input really helped us make a decision.   thumbsup

Peregrines know no borders.....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: