THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 11:28:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tracking MAK  (Read 334885 times)
OlRedHair
Juvie

Like Count: 15

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: 10-May-16, 08:22:42 PM »

Wow, great pictures and videos!  I don't know how to identify most of the ones you mentioned. What guide would you recommend for an absolute beginner with poor eyesight like me?

I've been OK, thanks. Molly goes in for surgery Tues, and I'm so worried. She has a lump on her leg in the same spot she had cancer. And also a new lump on her flank.

Nora in Florida

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh dear Nora-I will pray for you and Molly! I use Cornell's website online for identifying birds. Try this link- http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/birding123
Thanks so much for the prayers, MAK!  It was cancer, but Molly is doing fine after the surgery. I cherish every day with her!

Nora in Florida
OlRedHair
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: 10-May-16, 08:24:20 PM »

And thank you, MAK, for the online guide.

Nora in Florida

Nora in Florida
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: 10-May-16, 09:52:23 PM »

And thank you, MAK, for the online guide.

Nora in Florida

Glad to help Nora. We all need to cherish every day as none of us will be here forever. Take care!  eyecat flowers

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: 12-May-16, 03:50:14 PM »

Hello from paradise!  wave
   I'll begin with an update on my sister, Mary Ellen-she had her last chemo treatment on Monday where she was presented a certificate of Accomplishment for completing her treatment program. We saw her surgeon on Wednesday and since she has elected to have reconstructive surgery we won't get a surgery date until she sees a plastic surgeon. Hopefully, they can coordinate times and dates for surgery some time in early June.
   My niece, Lorri rescued a kitten from her work place that someone dumped. Somehow they find her as 6 of her 8 dogs are rescues and all 4 of her cats also were rescued by her.
   Meanwhile, back at the ranch I had the pleasure of seeing a Baltimore Oriole at the feeders. The Egyptian Geese paid a visit out on the wood pile in the pasture as I was letting one of the dogs out the front door. I caught a Scissortail Flycatcher on the barb wire fence near the pond. I just love their long split tails! There were turtles on the alligator head again and one of the 4 white ducks is missing. I found the 3 remaining ducks resting in the weeds.
   And last but not least, Milo got himself stuck in a tree again. Obviously, he didn't learn his lesson the first time. He spent the night again until Mike could get the longer extension ladder from the ranch garage. Milo literally came down kicking and scratching as he wouldn't let go of the tree when Mike grabbed him by the scruff of the neck. When he did finally get him, the cat latched onto his leg and some cursing took place! Another rescue by Mike in the books and a happy ending although Mike lost a little blood!
Check out my pics and videos below. See ya!  heart Grin

https://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AaN3DFm0ZMWqkds

http://youtu.be/QbgrGdluroM

http://youtu.be/_IGhvp9QCjU

http://youtu.be/1AwAJxW_1N4

-John Burroughs
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: 12-May-16, 04:09:56 PM »

I'm so glad this part is over for your sister, MAK.  Onward to surgery and recovery!  We sure miss you up here, and by the sound of it you may not be back here for fledge time.  No doubt it's good that you're there, though.

The pictures are wonderful, as usual.  I especially liked the ones of Milo in the tree.  Bailey is positively adorable, and those Egyptian geese are kind of scary looking!   

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: 12-May-16, 05:33:37 PM »

Hi Pat!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna miss fledge watch this year but with any luck I'll make it back before they leave town. The Egyptian Geese are gorgeous when in flight! Milo is in the dog house right now! Haha! 😀

-John Burroughs
OlRedHair
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: 12-May-16, 07:48:07 PM »

Hi MAK,

I'm so glad your sister has finished chemo!  I wish her all the best with the surgery. A friend of mine here just finished up with reconstruction. It's sure amazing what they can do!

I loved your pictures and videos. Milo is quite the mischievous guy!  Thanks so much for sharing these. It is amazing what you see!

Your sister is in my prayers every day.

Nora in Florida
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: 13-May-16, 02:12:08 AM »

Hi MAK,

I'm so glad your sister has finished chemo!  I wish her all the best with the surgery. A friend of mine here just finished up with reconstruction. It's sure amazing what they can do!

I loved your pictures and videos. Milo is quite the mischievous guy!  Thanks so much for sharing these. It is amazing what you see!

Your sister is in my prayers every day.

Thank you so much Nora! I just know that everyone's prayers have helped my sister to be strong. And you know I love sharing!  wave

-John Burroughs
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: 13-May-16, 05:19:44 AM »

So pleased to hear that Mary Ellen has finished her chemo! A tough road to walk but she did it! And... I hope she got as big a laugh out of that cat story as I did! I can see it all. Silly feline.  wave
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: 13-May-16, 11:01:52 AM »

So pleased to hear that Mary Ellen has finished her chemo! A tough road to walk but she did it! And... I hope she got as big a laugh out of that cat story as I did! I can see it all. Silly feline.  wave

Oh yeah Bobbie-she and I were laughing. Mike, not so much!  laugh

-John Burroughs
Tapper Gal
Fledgling

Like Count: 11

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: 14-May-16, 12:38:38 PM »

Thanks again MAK for the videos and Milo story.A handsome cat but a bit of a troublemaker.Milo is darn lucky that the folks care about him,though Mike might feel a bit different now.

Congrats. to your sister,the fighting spirit really helps during this cancer experience.Continue to raise her as well as the family in prayer for continued success.She is blessed to be surrounded by so much love!!!   wave

Tapper Gal, AKA ,  Diane
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: 14-May-16, 01:27:15 PM »

Thanks again MAK for the videos and Milo story.A handsome cat but a bit of a troublemaker.Milo is darn lucky that the folks care about him,though Mike might feel a bit different now.

Congrats. to your sister,the fighting spirit really helps during this cancer experience.Continue to raise her as well as the family in prayer for continued success.She is blessed to be surrounded by so much love!!!   wave

Yes Diane-I continue to call Milo Trouble with a capital T!
Thanks for the prayers!!! ❤

-John Burroughs
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: 22-May-16, 10:03:08 PM »

Hi folks!
   I'm on animal watch for 7 days as Mary Ellen, Mike, Lorri and Brad have gone on vacation to Chuckwagon races/rodeo in their campers. I've stayed back at paradise to take care of my sisters' 3 dogs, 4 cats and fish-also I'm going over to Lorri's place to care for the 3 dogs she left home, her outdoor cats and a rabbit.
   I saw my first Brown Thrasher below the bird feeders out back which has been a busy place with parents coming to grab food to take to their babies. The Rose-breasted Grosbeaks are no longer visiting-it was fun while it lasted!
   Today I took Mary Ellen's 3 boxers-Deziree, Bo and Bane for a quick road trip. We came across Turkey Vultures eating something out in one of the cow pastures, a Red-tail Hawk and cows taking a dip in one of the ponds as it was 85 degrees today! I took pics of various wildflowers along the roadside and also saw a meadowlark, starlings and a pair of flycatchers.
  When I got home i shot a video as I walked around the house here to give a view of the yard and surroundings so y'all could get an idea of why I call it paradise here! Hope you enjoy my photo album and videos. See ya!  wave

https://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AaN3DFm0ZMWqkeC

http://youtu.be/qtX3xgCNG_A

http://youtu.be/K9XZGkYjwKU

http://youtu.be/b9UebKdaXds

http://youtu.be/NYWyGkhpiCY

-John Burroughs
OlRedHair
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: 23-May-16, 06:34:08 AM »

Wow, it sure is paradise!  Thank you so much for sharing. I hope you continue to enjoy your time to explore.

Nora in Florida
OlRedHair
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: 23-May-16, 06:37:51 AM »

What kind of bird is in the third video?

Nora in Florida

Nora in Florida
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: