THE FORUM

01-May-24, 08:05:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 ... 204   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 Pictures from the Rfalconcam cameras  (Read 1213235 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: 17-Apr-11, 06:50:47 AM »

Archer going for his shift.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: 17-Apr-11, 08:43:33 AM »

he left at 8:38am

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: 17-Apr-11, 08:47:07 AM »

Momma's home!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
ezsha
Tiercel

Like Count: 25

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: 17-Apr-11, 02:58:40 PM »

Does anyone know what building is this on? I really like the weathered copper winding across the image. It was taken by Cam 1 at 11:58 this morning.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: 17-Apr-11, 03:00:29 PM »

Does anyone know what building is this on? I really like the weathered copper winding across the image. It was taken by Cam 1 at 11:58 this morning.

That's the Wilder building.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
ezsha
Tiercel

Like Count: 25

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: 17-Apr-11, 03:05:26 PM »

That's the Wilder building.

Thank you muchly! 2thumbsup
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: 17-Apr-11, 03:55:20 PM »

I wasn't sure where to ask this question, but I'll start here.  The PPH, the Pigeon Box, and the nook.  I think they were identified in the pic posted, but I'm still confused when I see them mentioned in a tweet.  Are PPH and Pigeon Box the same thing?   Is that thought to be a nest site by watchers at KP?     
Is the nook just a hiding area at KP?   
So many things are familiar, but not KP ...at least to me.  And, I've been there (only once) and I've looked at the photo, but ???
It seem A is at NB more often, is he still visiting LP at the "still"?
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: 17-Apr-11, 04:03:23 PM »

I wasn't sure where to ask this question, but I'll start here.  The PPH, the Pigeon Box, and the nook.  I think they were identified in the pic posted, but I'm still confused when I see them mentioned in a tweet.  Are PPH and Pigeon Box the same thing?   Is that thought to be a nest site by watchers at KP?     
So many things are familiar, but not KP ...at least to me.  And, I've been there (only once) and I've looked at the photo, but ???

I can't get into my flickr account to repost the picture, but...PPH & nook are near each other on the blue building to the left.  The pigeon box is the rectangular structure on the right at the top of the diagonal chute over the orange rail building.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: 17-Apr-11, 05:41:02 PM »

Archer say's "NO WAY" but gave in.

Beauty watches him leave

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: 17-Apr-11, 05:44:57 PM »

Archer say's "NO WAY" but gave in.

He was squeaking at her-don't make me go out in the snow! 

Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: 17-Apr-11, 06:46:34 PM »

I wasn't sure where to ask this question, but I'll start here.  The PPH, the Pigeon Box, and the nook.  I think they were identified in the pic posted, but I'm still confused when I see them mentioned in a tweet.  Are PPH and Pigeon Box the same thing?   Is that thought to be a nest site by watchers at KP?    
So many things are familiar, but not KP ...at least to me.  And, I've been there (only once) and I've looked at the photo, but ???

I can't get into my flickr account to repost the picture, but...PPH & nook are near each other on the blue building to the left.  The pigeon box is the rectangular structure on the right at the top of the diagonal chute over the orange rail building.

Margaret – the NOOK is part of the black stripe/ledge on the blue building.  It is the SE corner of the black ledge where LP hides behind the dark blue funnel-like structure.  

PPH is the pigeon poop hole that is also behind the dark blue funnel-like structure. It is  below the black stripe and just below the white Ibeam (where LP sits).  This is where the watchers think LP would lay eggs.

EDITED: The PIGEON BOX is the rectangular structure at the right end of the gray diagonal chute (not over ORB). Carol says there are beams on the inside and both pigeons and LP fly up in there to perch.  Today when we couldn't find LP, she flew out from there later.  Maybe LP was there to get out of wind.

You're correct – now that A&B are brooding, they take turns incubating, and he is spending more time in the nestbox on the eggs.  Beauty usually spends the night on the eggs, so there is a possibility that A has scooted over to KP in the evening or early morning.  No one has been at KP to confirm.

Joyce
« Last Edit: 19-Apr-11, 08:21:41 PM by Joyce » Logged
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: 17-Apr-11, 07:14:50 PM »

Nasty weather today!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: 17-Apr-11, 07:16:58 PM »

Here's a link to pics that I think will help you out.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=227433512213%3A1045006696&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=eMail-_-Share-_-Photos-_-Sharer

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: 17-Apr-11, 07:20:09 PM »

clap

margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: 17-Apr-11, 08:16:49 PM »

Thank you,MAK, for the pictures!  Between your pictures, and Joyce's patient de :drool:scriptions -- I get it! 
Thanks to both of you. 
And thanks to you and all the other watchers - what a nasty nasty day to be out today...including the snow and wind!  Yuck! notworthy
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 ... 204   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: