THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 01:30:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Green Bush Cricket  (Read 10792 times)
Helen in MD
Eyas

Like Count: 76

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 17-Sep-09, 02:24:15 PM »

Looks like a Mantis.....but is it?  Thanks Janet again   clap
I think this is a mantis as the walking stick does not have the triangular shaped head. Have been seeing mantis and katydid around the house recently.  Just don't take a praying mantis egg thing (is there a better name?) into the house unless you want a zillion little mantises all over the place. scared blue
valhalla
« Reply #16 on: 17-Sep-09, 02:41:32 PM »

Just don't take a praying mantis egg thing (is there a better name?) into the house unless you want a zillion little mantises all over the place. scared blue

We find the egg pods in the blue spruce Christmas trees (search well before bringing the tree in).  I must admit that I put them aside and give them my friends young sons to watch hatch in the spring.   happy  The moms have to make sure the pods don't come into the house  happy
harrispen
Pipping

Like Count: 9

My girl Nina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 17-Sep-09, 07:24:15 PM »

thanx Thanks so much for posting them Donna - appreciate it, as I wanted to share them and didn't have the time to get the process down straight.  bow  notworthy  bow  2thumbsup

Anyway, Rich and I thought these 2 guys were a Katydid and a Walking Stick but, I'm not so sure now.   confused0083  One thing I am certain about is that this group will know "who" these 2 bugs are.  educated

Big Thanks  thanks2 again to Donna!   music  There - a little song in your Honor  2thumbsup

I nominate this post for the best use of smileys for 2009!   winner
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17-Sep-09, 10:19:11 PM »

second one is definitely a praying mantis.  wave
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: