THE FORUM

02-May-24, 12:47:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Irondequoit Bay Bald Eagles  (Read 16938 times)
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 14-Feb-11, 08:06:11 AM »

I suppose you could always call up the local red-blooded American health inspector and ask him to pay a surprise visit to all 3 of their restaurants. (staying out of the part of one that is Italian soil, of course)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14-Feb-11, 08:08:02 AM »

I'd be honored to have a Bald Eagle at my place of business. Tell me that wouldn't draw attention? What a beautiful sight that would be. Can anything be done?
[/quote]

Donna's comment is exactly the right way to go! (Should anyone want to"go" anywhere on this.)

Let Mario's etc. know what an honour it is to host this magnificent bird - which, of course, he does not deserve, but that is another story.
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14-Feb-11, 08:08:47 AM »

I suppose you could always call up the local red-blooded American health inspector and ask him to pay a surprise visit to all 3 of their restaurants. (staying out of the part of one that is Italian soil, of course)

Yes!
BIGFRANK
« Reply #18 on: 14-Feb-11, 08:42:59 AM »

Never heard of the guy..he cant be that big he aint on food network! He looks like a real mafiosa though,so be prepared,he'll probably make a few well placed donations and get his way. Like the article says he isnt just after the $60000 for timber but expects to put housing on the site,so then U are into the $$. The case is fairly cut and dry by strictly legal terms. Im not sure where he is in limbo either,there were a few letters to him quoted saying he was SOL. That anyone is even considering his case is sad and pathetic. If he is allowed to carry out his plan,then your environmental protections of the endangered/threatened species act are meaningless,if businesses/owners are allowed exceptions.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14-Feb-11, 10:12:47 AM »

We need a spitting smilie for this one!  tickedoff

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14-Feb-11, 10:40:12 AM »

We need a spitting smilie for this one!  tickedoff

So that's spitting? With a "p"?
rushhen06
Fledgling

Like Count: 17

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 14-Feb-11, 11:40:54 AM »

Call Danny Wegman and tell him we're boycotting Mario's sauce selling in his store???
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19-Feb-11, 03:15:33 AM »

Kinda "legalese" but an update nonetheless...

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20110217/NEWS01/102170328/-1/IRONDEQUOIT/Court-adjourns-couple-s-case-over-nesting-bald-eagles
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19-Feb-11, 07:28:47 AM »

Have you read the comments section?

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19-Feb-11, 07:50:27 AM »

Saw they were there, Donna, but have yet to read them - I will! Your take on them??
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19-Feb-11, 07:56:51 AM »

Saw they were there, Donna, but have yet to read them - I will! Your take on them??

Hmmm - complicated! I did not know that the DEC had such a bad rep...
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 19-Feb-11, 08:32:30 AM »

Yeah, I read the comments. I love how the Bible thumper with the reading comprehension problem had to put his two ignorant cents in. Mr. ultraconservative feels that NY state tax payers should pay the agent of the Italian government (the Daniele famiglia has a consulate on its Monroe Ave property) a million bucks without even filing a permit so they can turn unspoiled land, which they sat on for 4 years before eagles arrived, into condos and luxury homes at the expense of the symbol of the United States of America. I suggest that he looks up hypocrisy in his Bible and Due Process of Law in his Constitution that he loves to quote so much.  Dumb@$$
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19-Feb-11, 10:30:42 AM »

I like this one...

"There's an old adage: 'Environmentalism is the last bastion of Communism'. "

I've been called many things in my life, but Communist is not one of them!

DECs reputation-I find most discussions about the DEC here in NY divide between those who see them as an interfering juggernaut depriving people of their rights and those who see them as guardians of the defenseless wildlife and environment in their care.  Very few see any gray area.  There's actually a battle brewing here in Ulster County between the DEC & the NY City Dept. of Environmental Protection.  DEP runs the NYC reservoirs here.  They've been releasing muddy water into the local streams.  DEC is finally (it's been going on since October) stepping in to stop them & fine them for polluting the streams.  Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Anyway, to the point of the article-it's actually pretty simple.  Daniele can't sue for loss of anything because he hasn't lost anything.  He hasn't applied for a permit to do anything with the land, so saying DEC is taking away his rights is factually untrue because he hasn't asked to exercise any rights to anything. 

What he has is a letter from the DEC saying they most likely wouldn't issue a permit.  Now, if he had applied and was denied he'd probably be blowing his top that they should have told him he wouldn't likely get a permit before he spent all the money on applying.  Just one of those people-it's always someone elses fault that he can't get what he wants.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19-Feb-11, 01:32:39 PM »

I like this one...

____

Thanks, Ei!
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19-Feb-11, 01:54:14 PM »

I think you forgot something Bobbie!   hysterical

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: