THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 02:45:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1309768 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 20-Apr-11, 06:56:21 PM »

As a first time mom, she knew! Bless her and hope for more. Very sad indeed.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 20-Apr-11, 06:58:03 PM »

Sad Talk about taking the wind out of your sail!  heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 20-Apr-11, 07:08:36 PM »

yahoo I am just over the top HAPPY about Quest and her new life in Toronto! I look forward to seeing her soon and meeting the folks at Harlequin. I do hope they get a nest tray of some sort for her and Kendal.  heart  Grin

If they put up something like that this year isn't there a chance it would chase Quest away to another spot? Even with an egg there? Or are you talking about for next year?

Whenever the powers to be think is best!

Sounds like they're planning on putting up a tray now.  We just have to trust the CPF to make the right choices-I agree MAK-they will do what they think is best.

The article said they would have tried today, but the bad weather stopped them.  Now that the first egg is gone, it's the perfect time to put up a nest tray.  Hopefully this will be more to Quest and Kendal's liking.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 20-Apr-11, 07:18:39 PM »

Sad

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 20-Apr-11, 07:23:35 PM »

Oh, boy.  I really hate to report this.  You all know that I have been in contact with some very nice folks from Harlequin since Quest made her appearance.

I just read the newest article, and it looks like what Mark said in the article was proven correct.  I truly hate to be the bearer of bad news, but at approximately 3:50 pm, Quest was seen pushing her egg off of the ledge.  This is so sad, but maybe, in the long run, it's for the best.  I hope that Mark is able to get the nest tray out onto the ledge tomorrow, before she attempts to lay her 2nd egg.

First time parents of any species can have a hard time and Peregrines are no exception. 

I really do believe that she will continue to lay eggs and that she & Kendal will be successful.   heart

It's sad but she may suspect that something was wrong with the egg.  And Mark is awesome- he knows falcons.  I hope they can get the tray there. 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
glothom
Fledgling

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 20-Apr-11, 07:29:52 PM »

yahoo I am just over the top HAPPY about Quest and her new life in Toronto! I look forward to seeing her soon and meeting the folks at Harlequin. I do hope they get a nest tray of some sort for her and Kendal.  heart  Grin

If they put up something like that this year isn't there a chance it would chase Quest away to another spot? Even with an egg there? Or are you talking about for next year?

Whenever the powers to be think is best!

Sounds like they're planning on putting up a tray now.  We just have to trust the CPF to make the right choices-I agree MAK-they will do what they think is best.

The article said they would have tried today, but the bad weather stopped them.  Now that the first egg is gone, it's the perfect time to put up a nest tray.  Hopefully this will be more to Quest and Kendal's liking.

I guess we don't have to worry about the first egg anymore. How sad.  crying I know the CPF will do everything they can to protect Quest, Kendall, the nest site and any additional eggs that may come in the future.

glo...
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: 20-Apr-11, 07:50:06 PM »

Sounds like they better get something up right away or all the eggs will be lost.  Where is the post about the lost egg?

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: 20-Apr-11, 07:56:56 PM »

Found the right place.  We can only keep our fingers crossed. 

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 20-Apr-11, 08:46:07 PM »

Wow...I have never heard of that before..abandon yes but kick off the ledge..never.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 20-Apr-11, 08:56:33 PM »

Wow...I have never heard of that before..abandon yes but kick off the ledge..never.

I prefer to think it started rolling & got away from her.  I'm thinking how Durand "kicked" the 1st few eggs clear across the nest box while doing normal scraping in the gravel.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 20-Apr-11, 08:59:29 PM »

That would make more sense that it was an accident than she did it on purpose...I mean it's only been a day.  Let's hope they can a box up there tomorrow for them otherwise they may abandon the site after this incident. 
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 20-Apr-11, 09:16:15 PM »

Just for reference of what I'm talking about, this is a video by pascalger from the CMNH forum of Durand (after a bit of mating) "egg bowling"

http://www.valkvideos.nl/2011/apr-mating-cleanup.htm

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 21-Apr-11, 01:22:49 AM »

NOTE: Discussion posts on Quest have been split and merged under Rochester Falcon Offspring.

• Posts under "Quest in same spot for 5 days" were split and renamed "Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills"
  • Satelitte Tracking topic "Quest in same spot for 5 days" is locked.
  • Topic "Quest's new CPF page" has been merged with "Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills"
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 21-Apr-11, 02:03:35 AM »

Oh, boy.  I really hate to report this.  You all know that I have been in contact with some very nice folks from Harlequin since Quest made her appearance.

I just read the newest article, and it looks like what Mark said in the article was proven correct.  I truly hate to be the bearer of bad news, but at approximately 3:50 pm, Quest was seen pushing her egg off of the ledge.  This is so sad, but maybe, in the long run, it's for the best.  I hope that Mark is able to get the nest tray out onto the ledge tomorrow, before she attempts to lay her 2nd egg.

First time parents of any species can have a hard time and Peregrines are no exception. 

I really do believe that she will continue to lay eggs and that she & Kendal will be successful. :heart
Quest lost her first egg. That is very sad!  Shocked

ezsha
Tiercel

Like Count: 25

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 21-Apr-11, 03:30:34 AM »

NOTE: Discussion posts on Quest have been split and merged under Rochester Falcon Offspring.

Joyce - Thank you for cleaning that confusing situation up! You did a fantastic job of editing! 2thumbsup
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: