THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 04:58:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1309465 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 22-Apr-11, 11:06:48 AM »

wave Thank you Big Frank for your explanation. I'm sure we will all be relieved when we hear what's going on with our girl Quest and her mate Kendal.  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 22-Apr-11, 11:54:08 AM »

Some very good news for a Good Friday!  The Canadian Peregrine Foundation reports that the Ministry of Natural Resources accepted CPF's plan to install a nest tray for Quest & Kendal.  The egg laid yesterday by Quest was placed in the nest tray.  It didn't take long for Quest to go to her new nest tray.  She was seen standing over the egg by CPF volunteers.

This is excellent news and we thank the Ministry of Natural Resources and the Canadian Peregrine Foundation for all they have done.   clap thumbsup heart
« Last Edit: 22-Apr-11, 12:01:38 PM by Carol P. » Logged

Peregrines know no borders.....
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 22-Apr-11, 12:13:28 PM »

Some very good news for a Good Friday!  The Canadian Peregrine Foundation reports that the Ministry of Natural Resources accepted CPF's plan to install a nest tray for Quest & Kendal.  The egg laid yesterday by Quest was placed in the nest tray.  It didn't take long for Quest to go to her new nest tray.  She was seen standing over the egg by CPF volunteers.

This is excellent news and we thank the Ministry of Natural Resources and the Canadian Peregrine Foundation for all they have done.   clap thumbsup heart
That are VERY GOOD news!  bguitar  yahoo

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 22-Apr-11, 12:16:12 PM »

Excellent news!  Thank you CPF & MNR for taking such good care of "our" baby!
 clap clap

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
DebInTexas
Juvie

Like Count: 13

George and Gracie

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 22-Apr-11, 12:20:42 PM »

This is such great news!!  Those folks in Canada are on the ball.

mbanana
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 22-Apr-11, 01:01:30 PM »

Great news!!!!  So grateful to Canadian Peregrine Foundation!!!!!! 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 22-Apr-11, 01:06:19 PM »

Woohoo!!!   notworthy notworthy clap
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 22-Apr-11, 01:48:30 PM »

Thanks for those calming and supportive words Dumpster Kitty. I assure everyone, as a voice for CPF, that we are on top of things. A full report will be posted soon. Volunteers and staff of CPF have been on scene and are even now, on this Good Friday. Bruce was on scene I suspect pre-sunrise. With things as they are CPF wants to give a full, accurate account of things, not wishing to leave room for speculation, nor misunderstandings. The world is watching, we want to give everyone the correct information and do all we can to do whats in the best interest of all parties involved, most especially Quest and Kendal. We do realize people around the world are waiting for news and are sensitive to those needs. An excited utterance or misplaced words will not only ill inform but could start a firestorm that does damage, so please hang in and know that things are being monitored and done in a timely, safe manner.

Well put Big Frank!  It is so hard when we are sitting and waiting at the end of some of the fastest communication in the world.  

Many don't realize how much effort it takes to plan and get approval to make changes in the best interest of the falcons.  I suspect there was much discussion between the Ministry of Natural Resources (government) and the Canadian Peregrine Foundation (non-profit organization). I work in a regulated industry and deal with several governmental agencies.  Movement is never as fast as we would like it to be, and there are so many restrictions, and interpretation of regulations.

Within the last couple of years, Ontario Canada enacted a renewed Endangered Species Act.  As in the US, once Quest laid her egg, that likely changed the status of the nestsite under the Endangered Species Act to no intervention. Quest probably opened a short window of opportunity when the first egg came off the ledge.  

Thanks to the efforts of both CPF and MNH, our gal Quest has her home for the 2011 season.
Joyce
rynnac
Eyas

Like Count: 3

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 22-Apr-11, 01:48:40 PM »

Woohoo! is right!  A new nest tray, and a new egg!  Our girl is on her way to becoming a mama!  I'm sure that just like Rhea-Mae, she will be an excellent one.  Yay CPF and thanks for the great news!

thumbsup

Nancy and the GSDs in Utah
Amy V.
Fluffball

Like Count: 14

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 22-Apr-11, 02:11:51 PM »

Wonderful news today. Sorry if I jumped the gun earlier; it's easy to forget all the people/organizations necessary in order to get a nestbox on the site. Considering everything, they were speedy in ensuring the safety and the future of Quest and Kendal. Thanks, Toronto and CPF! happy
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 22-Apr-11, 02:18:51 PM »

Wonderful news!  Thanks to all the people who were involved in getting this for Quest and Kendal!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 22-Apr-11, 02:30:58 PM »

bow Thank you to the Canadian government and CPF for taking care of this matter. With any luck Quest and Kendal will be successful parents this year and for many years to come.  bravo thanks2

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 22-Apr-11, 03:39:20 PM »

I'm ELATED, STOKED, THRILLED!! Thank you so much CPF, MNR, MARK, BRUCE, BIGFRANK and anyone else. This is the best news! Quest may be a bit leary of what's happening right now but she'll get the hang of things soon enough. I'm so happy for her now that she has her own nest box. 2thumbsup clap Joyce and Carol.....thank you too! thumbsup

BIGFRANK
« Reply #193 on: 22-Apr-11, 03:53:51 PM »

And anyone else..Cant forget to prominently name Tracy,she has been observing,liasing and built the nestbox!! Stay tuned,honest a post is coming. With most hands in the field,we must wait patiently for news.
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 22-Apr-11, 04:02:45 PM »

And anyone else..Cant forget to prominently name Tracy,she has been observing,liasing and built the nestbox!! Stay tuned,honest a post is coming. With most hands in the field,we must wait patiently for news.

BigFrank, thank you so much!  We so appreciate all of you!  Tracy, thank you for taking care of this box and checking on Quest!  After visiting Toronto and seeing how spread out all the nest sites are and how tall the buildings are, I marvel at all of you! 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: