THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 11:29:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1309923 times)
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 25-Apr-11, 02:45:53 PM »

Hi everyone!  Carol P, Kathy O, MAK, and myself still on watch at Harlequin.  We are hoping Quest will lay one more egg.  If she stays on schedule, they think it will be this afternoon.

As Frank mentioned, Quest was on her eggs.  Once in a while she would stand up and turn around...still only 2. Quest wasn't letting Kendal on the eggs today.  We don't know for sure if she is in full incubating mode yet. Kendal came in for a visit to the nest tray.  He chased a Canadian goose away from the area and then flew in front of the Harlequin building below us.

It's raining pretty hard right now.  We are all taking pictures through the windows, so they aren't as clear as we would like, but will try to share some later.

Joyce
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 25-Apr-11, 02:51:42 PM »

Thanks Joyce, sounds good. Keep us posted!  2thumbsup

BIGFRANK
« Reply #287 on: 25-Apr-11, 02:58:14 PM »

Im back from Quest and Kendals place,where I met "The Rochester Gang" We enjoyed views of Kendal with food,while Quest dutifully sat on her eggs. I couldnt stay as long as I would have liked,but was glad to see the site,be shown to the Falcon Suite and be introduced to Don and Kathryn.  They have nesting Canada Geese in their parkinglot at Harlequin too,which they all enjoy. So far they have 2 hatches.
Quest and Kendal video:
Quest and Kendal Apr25th
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 25-Apr-11, 03:09:22 PM »

Nice video and narration BF!! Thanks for posting.

BIGFRANK
« Reply #289 on: 25-Apr-11, 03:21:52 PM »

We have only one BOX in Toronto. All are well protected. There is a lip above the nest-tray(small windowledge) and also a "roof" above(overhang from above it that covers the whole ledge) We have similar sites with very similar trays that are just fine and very successful,with the same exposure.
A few links to todays pics(sorry I just cant figure out how to embed a photo)
Kendals Catch

Quest on Eggs
« Last Edit: 25-Apr-11, 04:31:36 PM by Shaky » Logged
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: 25-Apr-11, 03:41:48 PM »

Thanks, too.  It seems Quest has taken over rfalconcam from Beauty and Archer.  Only fitting since she is from the last clutch of Mariah and Kaver.   There is a special bond to all of us here.  Now I'm teary eyed.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 25-Apr-11, 04:07:06 PM »

Thanks, too.  It seems Quest has taken over rfalconcam from Beauty and Archer.  Only fitting since she is from the last clutch of Mariah and Kaver.   There is a special bond to all of us here.  Now I'm teary eyed.

I'm sure we'll get back to our regular programming soon!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 25-Apr-11, 04:10:13 PM »

I'm sure we'll get back to our regular programming soon!
...and then it will be time for Lady Pefa to lay her eggs.  An amazing year! 
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 25-Apr-11, 05:05:29 PM »

Great video Frank!  I'm so glad everyone arrived safely and is enjoying the day with Quest and Kendal.  How wonderful of Harlequin to provide a suite - they are amazing in their support!! 
BIGFRANK
« Reply #294 on: 25-Apr-11, 05:55:55 PM »

Some photos from today can be seen here
http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2011/04/sightings/rochester-ladies-visit-quest-and-kendal/
A full account of today will be posted to the CPF site soon.Enjoy!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 25-Apr-11, 06:20:42 PM »

I sent Suzanne more links today about Quest and she responded. She really is thrilled.

Hi Donna,

Thank you so very much again! I sent the links out the teachers who have those children currently in their classroom. The children were in first and second grade then and are now in fourth and fifth grade! I asked that their teachers would share about QUEST with them. I am thrilled to find out what has been going on with QUEST. It is so amazing and thrilling to hear about. I have always hoped to hear that she mated! I am so excited for the group who is going to see her. How lucky they are indeed! I so appreciate you taking the time to write to me. That day back in 2008 when we were invited to the banding and then to name one of the eyases was the happiest, most wonderful day of my career. I will never forget it!

Suzanne

valhalla
« Reply #296 on: 26-Apr-11, 05:20:07 AM »

I sent Suzanne more links today about Quest and she responded. She really is thrilled.

Hi Donna,

Thank you so very much again! I sent the links out the teachers who have those children currently in their classroom. The children were in first and second grade then and are now in fourth and fifth grade! I asked that their teachers would share about QUEST with them. I am thrilled to find out what has been going on with QUEST. It is so amazing and thrilling to hear about. I have always hoped to hear that she mated! I am so excited for the group who is going to see her. How lucky they are indeed! I so appreciate you taking the time to write to me. That day back in 2008 when we were invited to the banding and then to name one of the eyases was the happiest, most wonderful day of my career. I will never forget it!

Suzanne

I think a response like this, really highlights the importance of the efforts of all involved.  It will be interesting to see/hear about the follow-up via those students and FUTURE students via Suzanne because of this follow-up.  Love it!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 26-Apr-11, 06:00:05 AM »

!!! The nest tray photos that you have been asking for.
April 20, 2011 - Toronto - Don Mills
Mark Nash Reports:

As promised, I have enclosed some photos of the nest tray that you been requesting I post.
These shot were taken shortly after Tracy Simpson from the CPF delivered the nest tray to our location. While iorginally built and designed the nest tray for use at the Windsor nest site, Tracy and Steve were easily able to some some minor modifications to the tray while up at the CFP Raptor centre. tracy wss kind enough to transport the nest tray down to the Don Mills nest site, as Harlequin was kind enough to store it in their offices until we could get it installed on the ledge.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 26-Apr-11, 02:19:39 PM »

A new update has been posted.

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2011/04/sightings/domestic-bliss-two-eggs-and-full-time-incubation-appears-to-have-started-the-countdown-starts-ticking-today/

With pics!!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 26-Apr-11, 02:52:50 PM »

A new update has been posted.
With pics!!

AWWW!!!!!  wub2  wub2

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: