THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 02:48:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1309608 times)
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: 21-Jun-11, 10:43:55 PM »

We'll have to wait until they get back from Canada to report! Quest wasn't visible the whole time and neither was Kendal. Who knows what happened behind the scenes. Was probably easier to attack on the rooftop. I'm hoping all went smooth. 

There was one frame while I was watching, where the men were up there and Quest was sitting on a ledge to my left (as I viewed) and Quest seemed pretty calm.  Just sitting there and maybe making some noise.  I remember Mariah dive-bombing the banders!   I kind  of thought Quest would be aggressive, but I agree that maybe this new generation knows what is going on! 
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: 21-Jun-11, 10:45:57 PM »

Kat, welcome!!!!  So nice to read your post!!!  I share your nervousness about the ledge!! These birds are just life changing!!!!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
kat
Fledgling

Like Count: 13

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: 21-Jun-11, 10:46:26 PM »

Hi Kat and WELCOME!! Thank you so much for the report. You are so lucky to have our Beautiful Quest and Your handsome Kendal and of course, little Harlequin, right outside your window. Glad your here!  clap

Thanks for the welcome. Smiley I'm hooked! And I've been saying that very same thing to everyone I work with: we are so lucky to be so close to these beautiful creatures.
kat
Fledgling

Like Count: 13

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: 21-Jun-11, 10:48:13 PM »

Kat, welcome!!!!  So nice to read your post!!!  I share your nervousness about the ledge!! These birds are just life changing!!!!

Thank you! I also wish we could install some sort of night vision camera. Drives me crazy I can't check in after dark....
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: 21-Jun-11, 10:49:35 PM »

The banding went very smoothly. Quest wasn't all that aggressive.  Kendal was absent until the very end. I'll let others post the details.

Here is a Toronto CityNews video of the event: http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/videos/138388

What am I doing wrong?  Clicking on link, and seeing nothing except some headlines but not about banding.  Closest is a "councillors tweet about hot chicks"....but not the right kind of chicks I don't think.  LOL
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #875 on: 21-Jun-11, 10:53:30 PM »

The banding went very smoothly. Quest wasn't all that aggressive.  Kendal was absent until the very end. I'll let others post the details.

Here is a Toronto CityNews video of the event: http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/videos/138388

What am I doing wrong?  Clicking on link, and seeing nothing except some headlines but not about banding.  Closest is a "councillors tweet about hot chicks"....but not the right kind of chicks I don't think.  LOL

It worked for me Margaret. Not sure why it doesn't for you!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: 21-Jun-11, 10:57:22 PM »

Hi Kat and WELCOME!! Thank you so much for the report. You are so lucky to have our Beautiful Quest and Your handsome Kendal and of course, little Harlequin, right outside your window. Glad your here!  clap

Thanks for the welcome. Smiley I'm hooked! And I've been saying that very same thing to everyone I work with: we are so lucky to be so close to these beautiful creatures.

A great pic of Harlequin also.  2thumbsup

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: 21-Jun-11, 10:57:27 PM »

What am I doing wrong?  Clicking on link, and seeing nothing except some headlines but not about banding.  

Closest is a "councillors tweet about hot chicks"....but not the right kind of chicks I don't think.  LOL

It showed me the same thing it did you, Margaret.

margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: 21-Jun-11, 11:01:00 PM »

Welcome Kat!  It was wonderful to read, first hand, your reaction.   They are amazing, beautiful creatures.  Enjoy your vantage point!  Before you know it, Harlie will be fledging.     Keep posting as you see Harlie and our Quest and Kendall continue the "romance". There is a little serendipity going on here   happy

chlosmom
Juvie

Like Count: 12

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: 21-Jun-11, 11:01:34 PM »

i couldnt get the citynews link to work either--then it referred to a baby peregrine being "branded" eeek
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #880 on: 21-Jun-11, 11:03:56 PM »

What am I doing wrong?  Clicking on link, and seeing nothing except some headlines but not about banding.  

Closest is a "councillors tweet about hot chicks"....but not the right kind of chicks I don't think.  LOL

It showed me the same thing it did you, Margaret.

Oh good, it's not just me.  I clicked on the link, but not seeing a video. 
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: 21-Jun-11, 11:10:48 PM »

i couldnt get the citynews link to work either--then it referred to a baby peregrine being "branded" eeek

Yup, it's a typo! Branded

Tokira
Juvie

Like Count: 142

Kaetzchen Gabriella of Tokira

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: 21-Jun-11, 11:15:43 PM »

Welcome, Kat!
It's great to read your first hand accounts of their adventures  happy
Carol
WV
rssport
Fledgling

Like Count: 20

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: 21-Jun-11, 11:58:21 PM »

Hi Kat, Welcome to the rfalcomcam. That was one of the best first posts I've seen.
It is so great to have a first person narrative of the goings on nest site and especially
the surroundings once Harlie  fledges.
Thank you so much for the report and to Harlequin,Donna Hayes, CPF, and Mark Nash
for taking Quest under their wing on such short notice. Thank You All.

Rita Syr
chlosmom
Juvie

Like Count: 12

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: 22-Jun-11, 12:18:00 AM »

i figured that they were not actually planning to "brand" harlie--just typed like me--
sleep well little toronto family--it's been quite a joyful day-- heart heart heart heart
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: