THE FORUM

16-Apr-24, 04:40:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1316089 times)
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: 23-Jun-11, 08:44:18 AM »

OMG, I saw Quest feed her then she followed Quest to the edge and then she disappeared. I thought she walked to the other end of the ledge!!! She has to be there somewhere. Look in the bushes below or trees. I just said to MAK, I hope she didn't fall off. Oh please, find her.

Good to know you saw her this morning, Donna! I would imagine if she'd fallen off the ledge, we'd have seen her on the ground. This helps me to believe that she is, indeed, hiding behind the tray. Ugh.

Thank goodness for you getting those pics of Quest feeding Harlie this morning.   She was there.  I have to believe that she is behind that nest tray.  Oh please...... angel
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: 23-Jun-11, 08:46:20 AM »

Okay...after doing two walkabouts, looking out through the telescope on the top floor, and calling and e-mailing the CPF (they're not in the office yet), we heard from a guy in our building, who has a view from the far end, high up, that Harlequin is squished in behind the nest tray. I'm hoping this is true and am hoping to confirm this!!

Oh wow, that's exactly what MAK said on the phone. I can't see it on cam and she's not moving if she's there. YIKES! Is there room BEHIND the tray? Maybe she's stuck! Plus, Quest would have been there looking. Oh boy!

Kat, I posted pics from this am, if you scroll down, you will see them.

The tray design is the same as the Sheraton & I have posted pics of the eyases squeezing in between the tray & the wall

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: 23-Jun-11, 08:48:17 AM »

Okay...after doing two walkabouts, looking out through the telescope on the top floor, and calling and e-mailing the CPF (they're not in the office yet), we heard from a guy in our building, who has a view from the far end, high up, that Harlequin is squished in behind the nest tray. I'm hoping this is true and am hoping to confirm this!!

Oh wow, that's exactly what MAK said on the phone. I can't see it on cam and she's not moving if she's there. YIKES! Is there room BEHIND the tray? Maybe she's stuck! Plus, Quest would have been there looking. Oh boy!

The tray design is the same as the Sheraton & I have posted pics of the eyases squeezing in between the tray & the wall

From the cam view, it looks like the nest is butted up against the wall. Maybe not. They can flatten out.

kat
Fledgling

Like Count: 13

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: 23-Jun-11, 08:49:45 AM »

This is good to hear. I just saw both Quest and Kendal fly over there. Kendal stood on the ledge for a moment and then both he and Quest flew back to their perch on top of our building. In any regard, I left messages with the CPF, so hopefully someone will come out and help if Harlequin is stuck back there. Oh...this is nerveracking!
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: 23-Jun-11, 08:50:25 AM »

From the cam view, it looks like the nest is butted up against the wall. Maybe not. They can flatten out.

It's as far away from the wall as the edge of the base

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #935 on: 23-Jun-11, 09:00:58 AM »

I'm sure Miss H. will show up shortly.

BTW, if you think it's hard keeping track of her now, wait until she fledges. Now is the time for Harlequin workers to get together with their neighbors across the street and contact the experts at CPF about organizing a fledge watch in a few weeks. Get some practice in the meantime by volunteering to help with watches at other Toronto sites. I'm sure CPF will welcome the help.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: 23-Jun-11, 09:08:48 AM »

This is good to hear. I just saw both Quest and Kendal fly over there. Kendal stood on the ledge for a moment and then both he and Quest flew back to their perch on top of our building. In any regard, I left messages with the CPF, so hopefully someone will come out and help if Harlequin is stuck back there. Oh...this is nerveracking!

It sure is Kat and welcome to the world of Falcons. I think if we could, we would all be wearing heart monitors this time of year! When I read your first post, the alarm on the monitor would be going off.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: 23-Jun-11, 09:10:59 AM »

The last I saw Harlie was at 6:40am, after her breakfast.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: 23-Jun-11, 09:11:30 AM »

There she is!  All the way on the right

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: 23-Jun-11, 09:13:12 AM »

scared blue Well Ok then! There she is!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: 23-Jun-11, 09:13:52 AM »

There she is!  All the way on the right

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: 23-Jun-11, 09:14:40 AM »

good news phew

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: 23-Jun-11, 09:18:18 AM »

We do love our falcons!  heart heart heart heart

kat
Fledgling

Like Count: 13

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: 23-Jun-11, 09:20:07 AM »

Well, I feel pretty silly now! The vantage point I have is angled, so the concrete section that sticks out from the building was blocking my view of Harlequin, who was nestled in the corner. Oh boy...is this what it's going to be like when she tries to fly?! I don't know if I have the nerves for this!!
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: 23-Jun-11, 09:22:46 AM »

phew angel heart
Thank goodness.  Was she there the entire time?   
Shaky put the  phew  in just in time!   
All is well that ends well! 
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: