THE FORUM

18-Apr-24, 09:07:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1316972 times)
Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: 09-Jul-11, 06:58:20 PM »

At 6:50 PM EDT, I saw a male and female peregrine make several passes within view of the Harlequin cam. On one of them, both birds landed near the nest tray.  I couldn't tell whether the large one was Harlequin, but there deinitely is some active lying in the nest area.  I'd guess that all three are close together.  Very eager to hear the report from there.

Paul
kat
Fledgling

Like Count: 13

View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: 09-Jul-11, 08:20:28 PM »

Ugh...this is killing me. Wish I could have been there today and I have to be out of town tomorrow...ack! Hope I hear more news on the fledge.

In other news, I was just walking by the Sheraton Centre and saw two peregrines circling above me! Not sure who they were, though.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: 09-Jul-11, 08:28:22 PM »

Ugh...this is killing me. Wish I could have been there today and I have to be out of town tomorrow...ack! Hope I hear more news on the fledge.

In other news, I was just walking by the Sheraton Centre and saw two peregrines circling above me! Not sure who they were, though.

We're ALL on pins & needles here!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: 09-Jul-11, 10:19:06 PM »

I'm dying to hear today's Harlie watch!!!    

Me too!  heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: 09-Jul-11, 11:49:04 PM »

here ya go WW and congrats on your 1st post  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rfalconcam/138082889560335

Thank you thank you  2thumbsup
Welcom WW!  It is such a joy to follow all of our falcons here, on CPF, or FB.    Hope you enjoy.  Feel free to ask questions..
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: 10-Jul-11, 06:06:53 AM »

NO word on Harlequin!!! There has to be a better way to communicate. She could be in Nantucket right now!!  Wink

valhalla
« Reply #1266 on: 10-Jul-11, 06:28:14 AM »

At 6:50 PM EDT, I saw a male and female peregrine make several passes within view of the Harlequin cam. On one of them, both birds landed near the nest tray.  I couldn't tell whether the large one was Harlequin, but there deinitely is some active lying in the nest area.  I'd guess that all three are close together.  Very eager to hear the report from there.

Paul
Thanks for the great logical "guesstimation", Paul  Wink 
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: 10-Jul-11, 08:18:03 AM »

NO word on Harlequin!!! There has to be a better way to communicate. She could be in Nantucket right now!!  Wink

I know, Donna, I was thinking the same thing.  I know there are volunteers watching but no posts or anything

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: 10-Jul-11, 09:52:31 AM »

I know, Donna, I was thinking the same thing.  I know there are volunteers watching but no posts or anything

I am also wondering why no posts or info coming from Harlie's nest site.   
 Sad
I hope by later today, someone from CPF will post on their site.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: 10-Jul-11, 10:36:16 AM »

Harlie is doing really well!!  I just called Bruce and he's at the site!!  He's had problems trying to access CPF to post so that's why no report this morning.

Harlie is currently on top of the nest building.  She's made half a dozen good strong flights since yesterday, had a bit of trouble with one landing at the start and slipped down a floor but since then she's doing well and staying high.  Bruce says she knows her limitations and is being careful.  She hasn't flown to the top of the Harlequin building yet which he says is the highest building in the area.

But all is well so far!!  thumbsup
« Last Edit: 10-Jul-11, 10:45:41 AM by carly » Logged
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: 10-Jul-11, 10:39:38 AM »

EXCELLENT NEWS!!! THANK YOU CARLY! And a BIG hug to Bruce for watching out for her!!  clap

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: 10-Jul-11, 10:43:26 AM »

AWESOME! Bruce is the best!!!! Thanks my Canadian friends Carly and Bruce!  mbanana heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: 10-Jul-11, 10:45:05 AM »

I was going to call him earlier but thought to myself..what if he's trying to sleep in this morning and someone else is on site for the early shift.  Didn't want to be the person that woke him up.. lol  So I waited for a reasonable hour and I was worried too to be honest  paperbag
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: 10-Jul-11, 10:46:56 AM »

the_wave    Thanks for report, Carly!!    clap

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: 10-Jul-11, 10:49:12 AM »

Harli is doing really well!!  I just called Bruce and he's at the site!!  He's had problems trying to access CPF to post so that's why no report this morning.

But all is well so far!!  thumbsup

clap  Thank you for checking Carly!  We can be a bit  hyper waiting for news!

Meanwhile-at first I thought this was an adult.  It may well be, but I don't recall any adult ever standing in one spot opening their wings like this for 2+ frames before taking off.  And at full extension the wings appear longer like a juvie's...just too far away to tell for sure...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: