THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 11:23:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1317413 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: 11-Jul-11, 09:05:20 AM »

thanx Quest has been special right from the start back here in Rochester! Mother Nature never ceases to amaze me!

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: 11-Jul-11, 09:19:11 AM »

A great report about Harlie and Quest and Kendal.   What great parents.  All  you watchers - in Toronto and in Rochester, are just amazing.  Nerves of steel is right!   
 bow
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: 11-Jul-11, 09:35:28 AM »

Wow!  Wonderful reports!!!!  Quest and Kendal are amazing!  Whew!!! 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: 11-Jul-11, 10:18:01 AM »

Harlie on cam now!!! She's so BIG!!

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: 11-Jul-11, 10:34:02 AM »

Harlequin has wonderful parents!  happy

Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1295 on: 11-Jul-11, 10:40:58 AM »

You are what you eat?

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings”
William Blake
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: 11-Jul-11, 10:44:24 AM »

You are what you eat?

hysterical

kat
Fledgling

Like Count: 13

View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: 11-Jul-11, 10:59:09 AM »

Eee! I watched Harlequin fly past my window and land at the very top of "her" building. She looks like a pro! No landing problem at all! Now she's just flown to the top of the Harlequin building.

So amazing and I'm so delighted she seems to be a fast learner! 2thumbsup

She looks beautiful.
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: 11-Jul-11, 11:03:30 AM »

Eee! I watched Harlequin fly past my window and land at the very top of "her" building. She looks like a pro! No landing problem at all! Now she's just flown to the top of the Harlequin building.

She looks beautiful.

Uhhhh... Kat? See? Just takes one sip and you are addicted! (But you are working, right? Just like the rest of us??)
kat
Fledgling

Like Count: 13

View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: 11-Jul-11, 11:06:50 AM »

Uhhhh... Kat? See? Just takes one sip and you are addicted! (But you are working, right? Just like the rest of us??)

Ha ha. Well...the work is moving across my desk a little bit slower than usual, but I am part of the official fledge watch, which is currently part of my job description. At least...I think it is. Wink
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: 11-Jul-11, 11:15:18 AM »

She looks beautiful.

clap   heart

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: 11-Jul-11, 11:33:57 AM »

She looks beautiful.

Bobbie-whatchu talkin' 'bout?  We're not addicted! 

(much)  hysterical

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: 11-Jul-11, 12:01:15 PM »

Ha ha. Well...the work is moving across my desk a little bit slower than usual, but I am part of the official fledge watch, which is currently part of my job description. At least...I think it is. Wink

So happy for you, Kat!!!  And if your boss has a scope in her office, chances are she is watching too!!!  SO grateful for and to all of you for watching this precious family!!!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: 11-Jul-11, 12:22:14 PM »

She looks beautiful.

Maybe you will be able to see Harlie playing talon tag with her mom.  As I recall from just about exactly three years ago, young Quest was pretty good at that, so they should put on a good show.

Paul
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: 11-Jul-11, 01:22:39 PM »

!!! Baby H is doing very well indeed!!! She has both parents undivided attention!
July 10, 2011 - Toronto - Don Mills
Mark Nash Reports:

Sunday July 10th - 2011 - PM watch report:

By 9:15pm this evening, Baby H had settled down for the evening, resting on the upper ledge of 240 Duncan Mill Rd building quite obviously pooped out with the days activities. During her late afternoon and early evening antics, she made more than seven short flights from building to building without any problems, gaining altitude from the 5th and 6th floor ledges to the upper roof of the 225 Duncan mill road - (the Harlequin building roof top). This roof top is 10 plus floors in elevation. Quest and Kendal were with her (or should I say almost on top of her during most of the flights), and are incredible parents, especially given that they are new parents!

I must add, that after more than 17 years of fledge watching in the streets - (and at many different nest sites), Quest is one tough parent, and certainly a demanding sot! I have NEVER seen a more “nagging” parent, as Quest constantly pursues Kendal around vocalizing at him during most of the daylight hours!! Even the other fledge watch team members have all come and asked us what on earth does Quest want of Kendal? ? ? ?

She is screaming, pursuing and chasing him all the time even after he brings in food!!! This poor little guy never gets any piece and quiet!! Well, what can I say, family rearing is a demanding job,, and the female falcon wears the “feathers” in the family and its obvious that she feels that she needs to keep him on his toes and is making sure that he is attentive at all times!!

WOW, is she keeping him on his toes!!! Oh my goodness!! Is she a nag!!!

Marion and I closed the watch for the day just after 9:30 pm feeling very good about what had been reported by the fledge watch team from earlier events of the day, and very satisfied with Baby H’s progress during the evening watch. She is doing very well indeed, and obviously benefiting from not having any siblings to compete with for her parents attention!!

The low rise office buildings surrounding this nest site with all of the easy to access ledges are a great benefit both Baby H and the parents. It is also a huge benefit to us doing the fledge watch.

The availability of empty parking lots and open unobstructed air space around the three main buildings is very accommodating and makes this fledge watch a very easy process. There is absolutely no weekend traffic and the area is very quiet indeed! Makes for a very stress free watch in comparison to most of the other fledge watches were involved in.

Quest and Kendal are outstanding parents and are staying tight to Baby H.
Posted on July 11, 2011 12:21 pm
Observation for Toronto - Don Mills

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: