THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 08:20:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Linn (2007) - Scarborough/Yellow Pages  (Read 256146 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 09-Apr-21, 07:46:37 AM »

A post to CPF which I missed but found after I had identified Velcro in a post on FB, she is at Detroit Zoo nest site.  This is Linn's daughter from 2016!  Barb Baldinger is going to contact someone to let them know it's Velcro. 

Velcro in Michigan
March 20, 2021 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages
Marion Nash Reports:
Got a report from our bander Mark Heaton that Velcro a female produced in 2016 at the Yellow Pages nest site in Scarborough has been seen in Royal Oak, Oakland County Michigan on March 12th 2021.

FB post on Peregrine Falcons Southeast Michigan site - I went through the video from that day and saw Velcro's bands and was able to ID her. (https://www.facebook.com/Peregrine-Falcons-Southeast-Michigan-164682993603101

News from the Detroit Zoo website:

Peregrine Falcons at the Detroit Zoo
A new unidentified pair of Peregrine falcons are now residing in the Detroit Zoo?s water tower nest box. Last year?s couple, male Justice and female KJ who successfully fledged four chicks, have not returned to this nesting site. However, another banded bird from Ontario has been seen visiting the box ? this could get interesting.

Thank you to the Michigan DNR for helping us with the nest box design, and also to Metro Wireless and Spiritech for helping with the network and camera setup. This live stream will be active from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. daily.

NOTE: these falcons are wild animals and free to come and go; there won?t always be activity in the nest box.
Here is the link to the Falcon Live Cam: https://detroitzoo.org/falcon-cam/
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 09-Apr-21, 07:48:54 AM »

This is such wonderful news!  A Mariah & Kaver granddaughter continues their legacy!  heart

Thanks Carly!  2thumbsup

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 09-Apr-21, 09:10:27 AM »

She's perched just outside the nest box right now and preening.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 09-Apr-21, 09:59:16 AM »

Detroit Zoo Update:

The Falcon Cam was just turned on yesterday and thanks to Kathy Majich we have the ID of the female. She is Velcro (black, S/64) a 2016 hatch from the Scarborough Yellow Pages site near Toronto, Ontario. Her mother Linn hatched in Rochester, New York and father George is from North Grand Island Bridge in New York. The new Detroit Zoo male is unbanded. Susan Stevens caught this screen shot of them together in the Detroit Zoo water tower nest box. Here is the link to the Falcon Cam: https://detroitzoo.org/falcon-cam/

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 09-Apr-21, 11:48:50 AM »

I find it interesting that 2...maybe 3...of M&K's descendants have been seen in Michigan. Ihteram...there was another I can't recall right now...either Michigan or just across in Canada...and now Velcro. I've always wondered if there is an affinity to where one of the original pair were hatched.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 09-Apr-21, 01:31:05 PM »

Detroit Zoo Update:

The Falcon Cam was just turned on yesterday and thanks to Kathy Majich we have the ID of the female. She is Velcro (black, S/64) a 2016 hatch from the Scarborough Yellow Pages site near Toronto, Ontario. Her mother Linn hatched in Rochester, New York and father George is from North Grand Island Bridge in New York. The new Detroit Zoo male is unbanded. Susan Stevens caught this screen shot of them together in the Detroit Zoo water tower nest box. Here is the link to the Falcon Cam: https://detroitzoo.org/falcon-cam/

The legacy continues!❤️

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 15-Apr-21, 11:26:42 AM »

First egg for Velcro and her unbanded mate!!
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 15-Apr-21, 11:34:27 AM »

First egg for Velcro and her unbanded mate!!

2thumbsup

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 19-Apr-21, 09:42:50 AM »

Egg #2 has arrived for Velcro and her mate.  It's late but the male seemed to be dealing with an intruder which no doubt contributed to the delay.  This morning all is calm and he came in to see the egg once she laid it. I was busy on a conference call so I didn't' get a screen shot and she is now covering them.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 19-Apr-21, 05:43:17 PM »

Egg #2 has arrived for Velcro and her mate.  It's late but the male seemed to be dealing with an intruder which no doubt contributed to the delay.  This morning all is calm and he came in to see the egg once she laid it. I was busy on a conference call so I didn't' get a screen shot and she is now covering them.

Great news! Let's hope it remains peaceful there.

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: 21-Apr-21, 06:45:49 PM »

Egg #3 is here!
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 21-Apr-21, 10:02:53 PM »

Egg #3 is here!

2thumbsup

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 23-May-21, 07:16:05 PM »

First hatch happening right now for Velcro and her unbanded mate at Detroit Zoo.!
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 23-May-21, 08:01:12 PM »

First hatch happening right now for Velcro and her unbanded mate at Detroit Zoo.!

Woo Hoo!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 24-May-21, 06:36:31 PM »

#2 is here for Velcro!
« Last Edit: 24-May-21, 06:52:32 PM by carly » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: