THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 06:33:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kodak Gallery  (Read 13902 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 18-Oct-09, 10:24:04 PM »

Is it just me, or are other people having problems with the new Kodak Gallery?  Since they rolled it out, I don't seem to be able to browse anyone's albums (for example, Ei's "Walk in the Woods" album posted today).  I also placed an order today about six hours ago and had to use IE instead of Firefox because Firefox wasn't displaying the page correctly where I could customize a holiday card.  I have yet to receive the order confirmation email, and when I go to the "order history" link, I get an error message.

I'll report all of these concerns to Kodak, but mainly I'm wondering if anyone else is having trouble viewing shared albums?

Patti

Patti, I can view all albums but it takes forever to load. It's on your own album drop down box. At the end of your albums says friends albums, it's grayed out but works. I don't like the new format, it takes forever for the albums to load.....why do they keep changing it? I use Firefox also, maybe that's why it takes so long to load.

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18-Oct-09, 11:07:54 PM »

I can't stand the new gallery.  I just uploaded new software because of the new computer and now I can't post new pictures to my gallery.  Plus, I don't like how the albums come out when we look at them.  Too small and it is hard to see the captions. This newest iteration of the gallery is really weird and very confusing.  flash

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18-Oct-09, 11:21:31 PM »

I can't stand the new gallery.  I just uploaded new software because of the new computer and now I can't post new pictures to my gallery.  Plus, I don't like how the albums come out when we look at them.  Too small and it is hard to see the captions. This newest iteration of the gallery is really weird and very confusing.  flash

ditto

valhalla
« Reply #18 on: 19-Oct-09, 06:15:58 AM »

I'm using a back-door method to get to the ClassicKodakGallery, but Kodak makes it clear up front that the Classic is going away.  I'm having no problems with Classic and IE (versions 7 & Cool, but I'm anticipating the door being slammed shut soon.
Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19-Oct-09, 08:12:23 AM »

When I have to sign in for a slideshow that someone has shared with me, all I get is a black screen with a whirling icon.  However, I can view their album if I then go to Classic Gallery.  I wrote Kodak advising them of my problems and advising them to either fix the New Gallery or let it go the way of New Coke.

Personally, I think that the best Kodak Gallery was the original Ofoto one.  I hate Flash, and have a friend that cannot view either the Classic Gallery or the New Gallery because her security settings prevent her from updating Flash. Kodak could save a lot of money by simply firing their entire programming staff and returning tom the original Ofoto site and updating the Kodak logos.

Paul
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19-Oct-09, 08:22:12 AM »

When I have to sign in for a slideshow that someone has shared with me, all I get is a black screen with a whirling icon.  However, I can view their album if I then go to Classic Gallery.  I wrote Kodak advising them of my problems and advising them to either fix the New Gallery or let it go the way of New Coke.

Personally, I think that the best Kodak Gallery was the original Ofoto one.  I hate Flash, and have a friend that cannot view either the Classic Gallery or the New Gallery because her security settings prevent her from updating Flash. Kodak could save a lot of money by simply firing their entire programming staff and returning tom the original Ofoto site and updating the Kodak logos.

Paul

I so agree with you Paul...all I get is the spinning ICON also when viewing an album. It's way outta hand now. I loved the old way "OFOTO" and I still type that in my browser to get there. Also, if your not a fast reader, the caption on the pics disappears way to quick and you have to move your mouse over it again to finish reading it. They just changed it like not too long ago and their still messing with it. "Leave well enough alone"

schlaf374
Juvie

Like Count: 58

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 19-Oct-09, 08:52:00 AM »

Gee I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems with the "NEW" gallery. I've chatted with a rep a few time and also emailed them. The response to the email was they were having a few glitches..
 I did some playing around. not something i usually do but I was being adventurous. I went to My Account and clicked on Settings.. another sign in is required. , but i was able to see the OLD GALLERY.
and look my friends albums.   
I also was able to place an order, but can't remember if it was with the new or old.
 Hope this helps
Linda
valhalla
« Reply #22 on: 19-Oct-09, 08:52:52 AM »

Paul

AMEN, Paul!  The original Ofoto gallery had everything and was easy to see and use!
Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19-Oct-09, 09:13:57 AM »

Just bookmark
http://classic.kodakgallery.com/Welcome.jsp

Paul
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19-Oct-09, 09:27:57 AM »

The Classic is a Classic.....what more can I say. Thanks Paul.

Tokira
Juvie

Like Count: 142

Kaetzchen Gabriella of Tokira

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19-Oct-09, 10:00:44 AM »

Paul

That's the best idea in years  2thumbsup
Carol
WV
Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 19-Oct-09, 10:30:24 PM »

Thanks to all of you...it's good to know it's not a personal problem.  And Paul's bookmark above got me to where I could view the two albums folks I couldn't view!  Good deal...for as long as it lasts. 

Patti
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: