THE FORUM

23-Apr-24, 10:39:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toronto Trip - June 10, 2011  (Read 24457 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 11-Jun-11, 05:46:46 PM »

Oh no, those poor ladies.  I feel so awful, they are such wonderful people and they came all the way out to the west end to see me and the falcon family and looks what happens  Cry
nwfloridafalconfan
Juvie

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11-Jun-11, 07:56:22 PM »

A new twist....Joyce's car is NOT in driving condition. Her axel is shot. The Car rental place closed and if they get a car some how, they can only take it as far as the border. Other option...bus. They have so much stuff and not prepared for the bus. Bruce, (as sweet as he is), will stay with them until they find a way home or a Hotel. It just gets worse.  Sad

Train?  We took it from Toronto to Buffalo not that many years ago. 
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11-Jun-11, 08:43:27 PM »

A new twist....Joyce's car is NOT in driving condition. Her axel is shot. The Car rental place closed and if they get a car some how, they can only take it as far as the border. Other option...bus. They have so much stuff and not prepared for the bus. Bruce, (as sweet as he is), will stay with them until they find a way home or a Hotel. It just gets worse.  Sad

Train?  We took it from Toronto to Buffalo not that many years ago. 

All is good again. Bruce took them to the Airport to rent a car. Should be on their way after a good dinner. They haven't eaten since breakfast. Guess midnight-ish, they will be home. Sheesh! Poor Joyce, has to leave her car then pick it up again.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11-Jun-11, 09:03:08 PM »

Thank you for the update Donna, I'm so relieved they've gotten everything settled.  I hope they have a good meal and an uneventful drive home - they've had a tough day.

Bruce is a wonderful guy and I"m so thankful he was reachable today, don't know what we would have done without him.  bow
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11-Jun-11, 09:07:04 PM »

Thank you for the update Donna, I'm so relieved they've gotten everything settled.  I hope they have a good meal and an uneventful drive home - they've had a tough day.

Bruce is a wonderful guy and I"m so thankful he was reachable today, don't know what we would have done without him.  bow

I'm happy I had Linda's number and she gave me Bruce's number so Sue could contact MAK. Gee and MAK wanted me to come along!! Would have been interesting for sure. Bruce is a sweet guy for staying with them until they got on their way. Canadians are so friendly!  clap

Penelope99
Juvie

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11-Jun-11, 09:24:27 PM »

Finaly all is ok, or nearly... I'm happy. I was a little worried but I know they have friends in Toronto. Birds friends are the same ones everywhere...
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11-Jun-11, 09:39:30 PM »

Finaly all is ok, or nearly... I'm happy. I was a little worried but I know they have friends in Toronto. Birds friends are the same ones everywhere...

How does it go...Birds of a feather............

margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11-Jun-11, 10:18:53 PM »

SOS Can anyone help Joyce and MAK? No one has communication with them and Joyce had an accident, (both she and MAK are fine) but they won't let Joyce take her car home, (even though it runs). She has bad front end damage. Can someone get a hold of Carol and the girls to let them know. Sue is worried! They are in Toronto some where and no PH signal. I want to help but just don't know how. I see Lisa has signal, is there anyway to get a hold of her?? Thanks

Does anyone know a way to find out where MAK and Joyce are? Sue just asked me. NO fun, not knowing.

OMG - just scrolling through today's posts and seeing MAK and Joyce had accident...hope they are okay and safe......sending good thoughts to both!
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11-Jun-11, 10:33:34 PM »

Today is the first day in a long time that I didn't check in at all until a little while ago.  First, MAK and Joyce, -such devoted watchers, photographers and reporters -- GLAD YOU ARE OKAY!    Someone was watching over you!   Car's and car parts can be replaced -- people can't be!    Second, thanks to Bruce and Carly, and Donna for watching out for them.   It is true - "birds of a feather....".  Thank you.
Ladies, get home safe!  I hope you don't have any "next day" aches and pains, but    at least you will be home.  Beauty is waiting for you!    Be safe, ladies!
chlosmom
Juvie

Like Count: 12

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11-Jun-11, 11:32:58 PM »

think we might have to put a transmitter on MAK--Beauty sends her regards--
misses you  heart heart heart:
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12-Jun-11, 06:43:30 AM »

The girls made it back by 1:30am. Hope they have a good rest after yesterday's ordeal. Glad your home Joyce and MAK! Not a total bomb, you got to see many FALCONS and many faces behind the names!  clap

A BIG thank you To Bruce, who took good care of the girls, right up to the end!

To Linda Woods, thank you for hooking Sue up with Bruce and you have a great sense of humor!! Lazy Boy!! I pictured all the watchers down at Sheraton watching from their recliners! Too funny.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 12-Jun-11, 07:40:35 AM »

Yay...glad to hear they have made it home safe and sound.  Thanks for keeping us updated Donna  wave
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 12-Jun-11, 08:34:03 AM »

So glad they made it back home safely!!! Linda is awesome and Bruce seems to be the same.  They are kind of used to rescues Wink  (Who could ever forget when Linda stopped a bus headed for Niagara Falls because one of Rhea Mae's babies was perched on top)! 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12-Jun-11, 09:07:20 AM »

So glad they made it back home safely!!! Linda is awesome and Bruce seems to be the same.  They are kind of used to rescues Wink  (Who could ever forget when Linda stopped a bus headed for Niagara Falls because one of Rhea Mae's babies was perched on top)! 

LOL and now they have to rescue our girls. Oh Lily was ready for that bus trip. I remember.  thumbsup

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 12-Jun-11, 09:16:03 AM »

Glad to hear they made it home OK!  clap

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: