THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 02:14:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unity has a Brother and His Name is Chayton!  (Read 6457 times)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« on: 11-Aug-11, 10:39:37 PM »

I totally apologize if this has already been posted before.  I was looking through the old comments left on the Imprints posts and came across this one from Cynthia from the University of Toledo, where Unity was born.

Cynthia says:

May 24, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Hello from Unity’s birthplace: the University of Toledo. I’ve been following her progress in Rochester since stumbling on it via my regular google searches for UT peregrine progeny. Glad to hear that Unity is doing fairly well, given the awkward aspects of her current situation. In case anyone has a family tree going, one of Unity’s brothers from 2007 – Chayton – has bred successfully for two years now in Jackson, Michigan: http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2011/05/break_out_the_cigars_jacksons.html. So Unity is an aunt and Beauty a great-aunt.

This year, Belle and her mate Allen hatched four 2011 siblings for Unity: 2/2, bringing their total to 16. So far, we only know of Chayton, Unity and (sadly) Rocket, who was killed in Michigan a year after his 2008 fledge.

http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2011/05/break_out_the_cigars_jacksons.html

So it looks like Unity's brother Chayton is doing great.  We had a Chayton too, named by Aafke!

I hope Cynthia has joined the forum.  :-)
« Last Edit: 11-Aug-11, 10:54:18 PM by Carol P. » Logged

Peregrines know no borders.....
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 12-Aug-11, 10:18:16 AM »

I do remember the post about Unity.  We also had a Chayton at 55 Water St.  Six degrees of separation?

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27-Feb-12, 06:04:21 PM »

I wasn't sure where to put this but I've dug a bit into Unity's background, specifically her dad's since we know where Belle hails from.  I found some names I recognized and sure enough checked CMNH and found one of Juanita's wonderful geneology charts where I had seen the names and turns out Unity comes from some good stock on both sides!

Unity's parents are Belle and Allen as listed in the previous post.  Allen's parents are Majesty - 2/*A and Intimidator - 42/k both born in Hamilton County in Ohio at different nest sites in the same year 2002.  

Majesty's parents were Riverace - **7/*A  and Mary Ellen  - *B/*B; these are the two names I remembered from somewhere and here is the link to Juanita's chart post.

http://www.falconcam-cmnh.org/e107_files/public/1316657832_45_FT62394_bernard_ancestors.jpg

(I found most of the band information on the Ohio website in the archives and traced them backwards.)
« Last Edit: 27-Feb-12, 06:16:04 PM by carly » Logged
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27-Feb-12, 06:18:07 PM »

That's interesting Carly, well done! Thanks. Now we know.  clap

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile