THE FORUM

24-Apr-24, 02:50:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mariah at the Medley Center (aka Irondequoit Mall) on Saturday, October 24, 2009  (Read 29133 times)
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 25-Oct-09, 11:51:50 AM »

That first picture makes it look like Mariah took up ballet this summer.
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 25-Oct-09, 12:06:32 PM »

Hi Joyce,

your pictures of our beautiful Queen Mariah are GREAT!

Greetings
Annette

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 25-Oct-09, 05:58:24 PM »

Quick update from today (Sunday, 10/25/09). 

Dana spotted Mariah on the peaked glass roof of the Medley Center this moring on her way to work at about 7:00 am.

At 10 am, I was sitting in the parking lot on the north side of the Medley Ctr.  Mariah flew in from the west, over me heading east.

Lots of Watchers were out again today, plus many that couldn't make it yesterday.  No Mariah sightings after the 10 am flyover.  Lots of Red-tail Hawks were soaring over us.  Up to three at a time.

Peregrines know no borders.....
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 25-Oct-09, 06:11:27 PM »

Awesome to see her again. thanx

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Caitie
Fledgling

Like Count: 19

Iamnotaddicted

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 25-Oct-09, 08:05:43 PM »

pfalconIts Awesome to see our girl again! Mariah looks so healthy and happy !  Missed her sooo much and for soo long !!!  Great catch Dana!  foxbinocs    thanx 
goldengirl
Small Clutch

Like Count: 1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 26-Oct-09, 01:09:47 PM »

How wonderful to see Mariah in such good shape. Great pictures, Carol.  I've been hoping to hear news of her. Maybe that is where she hangs out every year. thumbsup

Jane
Carla P
Fluffball

Like Count: 21

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 26-Oct-09, 07:01:35 PM »

Hello my fellow falcon fanatics!
I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the Medley Centre for the reunion of Queen Mariah and her loyal retinue, but I wanted to thank Carol and Joyce for the beautiful pictures, and Brian for the phone call with the good news.  Hopefully I'll make it to the city one of these days.  I miss you all.
Carla P.
PS.  My Mom is doing well most of the time, but someone needs to be with her 24/7.  I guess that's why I'm a shut-in too  Sad

Carla P.
aka: edp1078, partysocks6

"Treat the earth well. It was not given to you
      by your parents; it was loaned to you by your
      children."
                 -Old Indian Proverb-
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 26-Oct-09, 07:05:06 PM »

I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the Medley Centre for the reunion of Queen Mariah and her loyal retinue, but I wanted to thank Carol and Joyce for the beautiful pictures, and Brian for the phone call with the good news.  Hopefully I'll make it to the city one of these days.  I miss you all.
Carla P.
PS.  My Mom is doing well most of the time, but someone needs to be with her 24/7.  I guess that's why I'm a shut-in too  Sad

Oh Carla, we miss you too. Thanks for popping in...glad your OK. Sorry about mom but glad she's doing pretty good. Tell JC we know what he looks like..   2thumbsup Post when you can.

valhalla
« Reply #38 on: 26-Oct-09, 07:37:07 PM »

Carla P.

Carla - post when you can, but you are doing the right thing for your Mom.  Glad she is doing better - just make certain that you get out and about every so often for you.  God Bless - Janet
grannywood
Eyas

Like Count: 32

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 26-Oct-09, 08:12:56 PM »

Hi folks.  I did a once around the mall before work this morning around 7am and did not see a falcon.  While at work I peeked out and confirmed with a zoom of my camera that a falcon was again on the peak around 9.  It was still there at 10 when I had to go to Wegmans on East Ridge Road - east of the mall - around 10 for work.  When I was leaving Wegmans, I noticed pidgeons going wild at the plaza south of Wegmans.  While driving, I saw one speedy bird with larger wings than a pidgeon in the mix.  When I was able to pull safely over, I did a look around the area but was unable to spot any raptors enjoying a meal.  When I arrived back at work, the falcon was no longer at the mall.  I did not see the falcon the rest of the day during various peeks.

Here's pics of Mariah from Saturday.  Hope you enjoy.

http://tinyurl.com/yg6gbtl

Dana
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 26-Oct-09, 08:36:53 PM »

Granny, thanks so much for sharing your terrific photos.  It's absolutely wonderful to see Mariah again. She seems healthy and active, thank goodness. I signed into Kodak and viewed the photos but it would not allow me to add a comment, so I'm doing it here. thumbsup

Dot in PA
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 26-Oct-09, 09:00:18 PM »

Wonderful pictures!  One of her landing looks like my signature drawing.  No, I didn't draw it.  The picture is a free download.

falcon

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 26-Oct-09, 09:13:49 PM »

Hi folks.

Here's pics of Mariah from Saturday.  Hope you enjoy.

Beautiful pictures of a magnificent bird...I can't believe how great Mariah looks!

Thank you Dana!

Ei

P.S. for those having issues (like me) getting into shared "new" kodak gallery slideshows...I was able to get the album open (though sluggishly) by 1) trying to use Dana's link & having it save to my friend's albums then 2) opening "classic" kodak gallery http://classic.kodakgallery.com/Welcome.jsp then opening it from my friends' albums

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 26-Oct-09, 10:43:43 PM »

Dana,

Thank you so much!!!!  It's so good to see pictures of Mariah and so glad you are near the mall to check on her!!!!!  Great eyes!!!! star star star star star

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 26-Oct-09, 11:09:25 PM »

It's so good to see Mariah again. I hope she's happy there. I don't know why but I keep thinking like how she is thinking and if she is sad because A&B took over her territory. Does she even care? Do they just forget and move on? We'll never know, I guess.  Sad

Oh back to my point. Dana, your pictures are FANTASTIC. Thank you so much.  bow

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: