THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 11:48:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Peregrine cam in Australia  (Read 294025 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 29-Aug-13, 11:56:02 PM »

WOOT!  2thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 10-Sep-13, 02:47:06 PM »

Does anyone know how big Swift and Beau's clutch is now?  I know it's at least two eggs.  Sadly, it appears no one is keeping the website up to date. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 10-Sep-13, 02:49:17 PM »

Does anyone know how big Swift and Beau's clutch is now?  I know it's at least two eggs.  Sadly, it appears no one is keeping the website up to date.  

Incubating 2 eggs. They had 3 eggs but disposed of one after pushing it aside for a couple days. Bev posted on BCAW:

3 rd egg was broken and pecked apart and pushed aside . No apparent reason.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 11-Sep-13, 10:08:29 AM »

Okay, thanks Kris!   Sad  Here's a video from last Friday that shows all three eggs at a shift change.  As we can see, the abandon egg is well away from the scrape.

Falcon Project Charles Sturt University,shift change 3 eggs&1 egg off to the side,9/7/13

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 14-Sep-13, 08:59:16 PM »

Had to tell my computer the site wasn't malware to get through...

The long southern winter, and malware…
Published 11 September, 2013 | By ScottBanks

As most of our viewers have noticed we’ve had a really fun run of utterly pointless malware in the back end of the website, which has ultimately affected the website viewing experience for just about everyone. Nothing malicious – just one of those avoidable nuisances. We’re now working with a professional security company to avoid the problems of the past and appear to have finally cleared ourselves of the rubbish that some random, under-utilised brains have encumbered us with.

We’ve requested Google to clear us once more of their extremely annoying and somewhat useless website blocking tactics, and hope now that they’ll leave us alone to get on with what we’ve been doing best – bringing to you our observations of Beau and Swift, and their ongoing lives up the Concrete Hilton, on Orange campus.

You’ll also notice we’ve updated the look of the website to something more modern. In doing this we’ve noticed that the capability to leave comments has been turned off so as soon as we’re able to we’ll repair this feature as well (Ed.- you can leave comments by going in to the post itself!), but in the mean time we hope that routines will return to normal very soon…. especially with the exciting news of this, our 6th observed breeding season’s eggs, underway as we speak (write).

Also problematic has been the issue that both Cilla and myself have been overseas for extended periods recently, and consequently access to the website for maintenance, the cameras, the surveillance/recording systems etc have been interrupted. We should both be back on deck now, and the most exciting news is that the recently purchased Axis 3384 camera which will replace the very old ledge camera view is up and running, and initial tests have provided us with stunning quality results, both during the day and at night. Stay tuned – the new ledge camera isn’t far away now!

Apologies once more to our devoted viewers – I think we’re on top of all the troubles this time!….. and now it’s over to our peregrine falcons once more…..

Scott

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 29-Sep-13, 08:52:32 PM »

Swift ate one of the remaining 2 eggs today-only one left.   Sad

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 29-Sep-13, 09:45:05 PM »

Oh no!    Shocked

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 29-Sep-13, 11:05:00 PM »

Swift ate one of the remaining 2 eggs today-only one left.   Sad

Nooooo   confused

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 30-Sep-13, 06:47:00 AM »

Oh my! Sad

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 30-Sep-13, 08:53:32 AM »

Video of Swift eating the egg.   

http://youtu.be/QgmzF7aRP-Y

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: 30-Sep-13, 10:59:55 AM »

What's going on here?? When did she eat the 1st one?? Wonder how they know? Hope the 3rd is viable!  Sad

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 30-Sep-13, 11:10:11 AM »

What's going on here?? When did she eat the 1st one?? Wonder how they know? Hope the 3rd is viable!  Sad

Around 9/6, they pushed the egg aside and didn't incubate it anymore then it just disappeared.  No answer for what they did with it.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 30-Sep-13, 11:13:38 AM »

From the Falconcam Project website:

27th August saw the arrival of the first new egg

2nd Sept saw the completion of this season’s laying with a total of 3 eggs, and roughly the commencement of dedicated incubation by both Beau and Swift.

6th Sept unfortunately saw the destruction of the 3rd egg, which was cleaned up by Swift shortly afterwards

28 Sept saw another egg crushed and it appears the cuplrit has again been Beau in a clumsy attempt at helping out; we’re hanging on to this last egg now (figuratively!) in the hope that it hatches. Approximate incubation period for these peregrines averages between 29 and 33 days, so any time from now on we’re hoping for some good news up the tower.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 30-Sep-13, 11:21:55 AM »

28 Sept saw another egg crushed and it appears the cuplrit has again been Beau in a clumsy attempt at helping out;

He shouldn't be able to crush a healthy egg no matter how clumsy. Something is up there...DDT use hasn't stopped world wide...

"Despite the worldwide ban, agricultural use continues in India,North Korea, and possibly elsewhere." wikipedia

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 30-Sep-13, 11:31:02 AM »

That was my thought as well, Ei, although I didn't know DDT is still being used in some countries.  I guess the words to "Big Yellow Taxi" are still appropriate.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: