THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 10:33:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: And in today's cute critter news roundup...  (Read 261661 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« on: 01-Nov-11, 09:08:41 PM »

Tibetan Bear In Da Zoo

カメ子網戸に登る.MOV
Ninja Turtle

Гусь и Трамвай
Commuter goose

Real owl caught in fake Halloween spider's web

Marin animal care workers are warning about the dangers of sticky Halloween decorations after an owl was found caught in an artificial spider web in San Rafael.

The quarter-pound western screech owl was found alive by a resident caught in the strands of a fake greenish-white web strung from a tree in a yard on Riviera Drive in East San Rafael, said Carrie Harrington, a spokeswoman for the Marin Humane Society.

A humane society officer transported the owl to WildCare in San Rafael, she said. "It could have been worse if we weren't called out," she said. "We were able to respond quickly."

The owl appeared to have been stuck in the web for several hours and was dehydrated, but was in otherwise good condition, Piazza said. WildCare treated the owl with intravenous fluids and plan to release it in the same yard where it was found. The family there has removed the fake spider web material.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 01-Nov-11, 10:05:12 PM »

Cute videos!  That poor Owl!  Glad someone found it!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01-Nov-11, 10:24:37 PM »

Cute videos!  That poor Owl!  Glad someone found it!

Those webs are bad! Yes, cute videos, thanks.

(But what was that turtle saying?)  Wink

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 02-Nov-11, 07:36:21 AM »

Cowabunga!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02-Nov-11, 07:46:33 AM »

Cowabunga!

thumbsup

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10-Nov-11, 08:47:23 PM »

Talking parrot woke owner with news of premature puppies
A talking pet parrot has been hailed a hero for saving the lives of five premature puppies. Mimicking his owner Suzanna Bolton’s voice, 18-year-old African Grey parrot Sam squawked a distress call in her ear after going upstairs and jumping onto her bed in the dead of the night. Sam woke Suzanna with calls to ‘come on, come on’ before leading her to the pups. Mrs Bolton’s four-year-old Pomeranian bitch Sally had gone into labour a week early and both she and her puppies were in distress on a cold and wet kitchen floor.

Mrs Bolton, 55, of Anchor Avenue, Darwen, said: “Sam is allowed to roam around out of his cage, but parrots are not known to move at night. That night he seemed to know what was going on and came looking for me to help. He’s never been in my bedroom before in the eight years I’ve had him, but he came up the stairs, climbed on the bed and started talking to me in my own voice with the words “come on, come on”, which I often say to Sally.

“I wondered what on earth was going on and took Sam back downstairs to his perch, but then he looked at me and squawked. It was then I looked in the kitchen and saw the puppies. One had died and the other five boys were all very, very cold and wet. I quickly got the heat pads out for them and got them next to a radiator, and luckily they’re now doing well. I honestly believe that if Sam hadn’t have acted how he did, then the others could have died too during the night.”

Mrs Bolton bought Sam from an Urdu speaker when he was 10 years old and he knew no English. Now he is able to accurately mimick several members of Mrs Bolton’s family. She added: “He’s really very intelligent and everyone says how amazing it is that he’s managed to save the puppies.” Mrs Bolton hopes to give the puppies to new homes once they are old enough.

via Nothing to do with Arbroath

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10-Nov-11, 09:16:31 PM »

clap Remarkable!  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10-Nov-11, 09:58:55 PM »

Once again...birds are SO  AMAZING and SO INTELLIGENT!   Thank you for this sweet story. 
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11-Nov-11, 07:41:36 PM »

First a video...

Lady and the Tramp, Mackinaw Queenie & Kenzie

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11-Nov-11, 07:44:32 PM »

Two brave mice set up home in owl's nest
Two brave mice are creating a stir after setting up home in an owls' nest. The wood mice moved into the Barn Owl Tower, which was specially constructed for the nocturnal birds at the Lost Gardens of Heligan in Cornwall. And their antics are being captured thanks to a "Mouse Cam" set up to watch them.

The gardens' managing director, Peter Stafford, said: "For the autumn our team have moved the cameras underground to show life for a mouse. It's perhaps not the wisest place for the creatures to make their home but it makes for fascinating viewing."

Fortunately for the mice - a major food source for the birds of prey - there are currently no barn owls in residence, though earlier this year the webcam followed the latest brood courting and raising their young.

Heligan Wild is situated in a hide in the middle of the estate near St Austell, designed to give visitors close and intimate views of the wildlife, either immediately outside or through a selection of remote cameras placed around the site.

webcam

Both via Nothing to do with Arbroath

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11-Nov-11, 09:16:26 PM »

Too funny!  cockatiel_yellow spaghetti dogwag

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15-Nov-11, 08:32:49 PM »

Q in boots

Godzilla Dog
via Nothing to do with Arbroath

And clever ideas to keep pets safe in Thailand's floods

More clever contraptions here

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15-Nov-11, 08:55:19 PM »

And a new trend sweeping Europe...

2525835985255_44597.mp4

Ganzenpas

Braderij Diest

Ganzenfanfare (ganzenpas) mooi in het gelid

via and via

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15-Nov-11, 09:19:31 PM »

Cat cafés are huge in Japan right now. As the name suggests, these are coffee shops where cat lovers go to sip overpriced lattes and hang out with an adorable smoosh pile of kitties. In the past five years, exactly 79 such cafés have popped up all over Japan. What’s weird is that the café cats aren’t expensive pedigreed felines like Persians or those other ones with the funny bendy ears, they’re just the everyday mixed breeds you might find in the back lot of your local supermarket, cats who, in the immortal words of Brian Setzer, “slink down the alley, looking for a fight/Howling to the moonlight on a hot summer night.”

The rest of the story at Cat Cafes in Japan

If I'd known I would have saved the Halloween pic for here! 

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15-Nov-11, 09:31:04 PM »

Well, maybe not exactly cute...but a good  spit ...

Don’t just sit around the house…

Get out and enjoy nature…

-  on second thought, let’s just stay inside…

via Bits and Pieces

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: