THE FORUM

22-Sep-24, 03:25:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Entry for WWF short film competition  (Read 2950 times)
Neil Grubb
Pipping

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« on: 13-Nov-11, 02:24:28 PM »

It's a while since I have posted but I have continued to be active, watching and filming peregrines and other wildlife in the Esk Valley in SE Scotland. Below is a link to my submission for the WWF short film competition, Life. Nature. You. Make the connection. This competition involves submitting a two minute film to fit this title. Peregrines have a starring role!
Disconnect and Reconnect
This film was shot in the Esk Valleys in Midlothian, Scotland. The Esk Valley contains some of the few remaining areas of decidious woodland in this part of Scotland, and are home to a diverse range of bird life and other wildlife. 'Disconnect and Reconnect' is one of several films I have made to highlight the natural environment near the city of Edinburgh. These films have been shown to many local and national clubs and societies and are intended to educate the public about nature, as we become more dissociated from it in our media and technology centred world. This film encourages people to switch off the media barrage just for a little while, and reconnect with this wonderful natural environment.

I have a project planned for next May, which is a comparative documentary examining complimentary bird species occupying equivalent niches in Scotland and in New England. Maybe I will have time to meet some of you when I'm over.

Best wishes,

Neil
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 13-Nov-11, 03:12:38 PM »

Wow Neil!  This is incredibly beautiful.  Love it and your choice of music.  Thanks so much for sharing your video with this group.  Good luck!   clap thumbsup

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13-Nov-11, 03:41:22 PM »

Neil, I always loved your videos. Something serene about each and every one of them. Beautifully done, yeah! Thanks so much.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13-Nov-11, 04:07:02 PM »

Fabulous!  Thanks for sharing it with us!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13-Nov-11, 09:39:38 PM »

clap Neil as always your work is brilliant! Thank you so much for sharing with us!  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Lizz
Eyas

Like Count: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14-Nov-11, 02:26:24 PM »

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful piece.  Your message comes through loud and clear.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: