THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 04:09:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's the most wonderful time of the year  (Read 23536 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 24-Dec-11, 01:48:03 PM »

Um, that's not his pocket deery! devil       No but he's happy to see me!!!! Evil

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 24-Dec-11, 02:52:53 PM »

This just in on FB...

ATTENTION- Tonight at 9pm Eastern Standard Time Santa will be loading up and pulling out to start delivering to the East Coast of the United States of America... (Just tell the kids on the east coast it takes 3 hrs for Santa to get there) ;-)..... We chose 9pm EST due to many factors... Mostly because we want to make sure your kids get to sleep for you HHHOL (Ho Ho Ho out loud) MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! p.s Santa will be stopping in periodically today

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 24-Dec-11, 03:57:33 PM »

SANTA AND THE BATS

Once upon a time, Santa and the reindeer were delivering presents in the Texas Panhandle and became lost in the middle of a big snowstorm.

A colony of Mexican free-tailed bats happened to be migrating to Mexico, and seeing Santa was lost, flew over to offer their help. When Santa saw the bats headed his way he became frightened, thinking the bats were surely after his long white hair. By the time the bats had landed on Santa's sleigh, he had frantically stuffed all of his hair under his cap. He looked so funny that the bats had to giggle before they were able to tell Santa that bats don't want to become tangled in hair – that’s just a silly rumor. The bats offered their help and Santa accepted. Guided by echolocating bats, Santa was out of the snowstorm in no time at all.
After parting ways, Santa and the reindeer flew off to finish delivering presents. As soon as the bats were out of sight, Rudolph breathed a huge sigh of relief. He thought all bats were vampires and wanted to suck his bright red nose. Poor Rudolph, he didn't realize that there are over 1000 different kinds of bats, and almost all of them eat insects and fruit. Santa decided he needed to reward bats for helping save Christmas. But because bats in the wild either hibernate or migrate during the winter, he could only reward the bats in captivity.

Santa carefully chose his treats for the different kinds of bats. He gathered mangos and figs for the fruit bats, and avocado, a favorite treat of the insect-eating bats. Santa wanted to surprise the bats on Christmas but he made a big mistake. He didn't think he needed to bother sneaking down the chimney, so he walked through the door and delivered his presents to the bats while they watched. Poor Santa, he still had a lot to learn; he thought bats were blind.

As an enlightened Santa flew off into the night sky, he could be heard proclaiming ..."Merry Christmas to All and to All a Good Night, and Please Help the Bats with All of Your Might"!

Happy Holidays, from the bats and the volunteers of Bat World Sanctuary!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 24-Dec-11, 04:50:52 PM »

clap  Very cute Donna and Ei! christree chrispup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 24-Dec-11, 09:20:25 PM »

And he's off!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: