THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 02:16:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Annual Rochester Falcon Watcher New Years Day Toast to a Successful 2012  (Read 17254 times)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« on: 21-Dec-11, 08:18:51 PM »

Another year has flown by!  Literally!  It has been an odd year for us here in Rochester.  But even though there were no young falcons to watch grow up to fledgling or grace our sky, we have a lot to be thankful for.

The Watchers were able to spend some time helping out our friends in Buffalo and Canada on their fledge watches and were involved in two rescues in Buffalo at Central Terminal.  We were able to travel over the border into Canada and witness the banding of Rhea Mae's, Linn's and Quest's young ones.  We even visited Stormin's new nest site where he took over caring for the young that hatched there.  For those that don't know, Stormin is Rhea Mae's son.

On Sunday, January 1st 2012 at noon, all of the Rochester Falcon Watchers and Rochester Falcon Fanatics are invited to gather near the intersection of Exchange and Broad, below the falcon nest box high on top of the Times Square building for our annual toast to a successful 2012 Rochester Falcon season.

To all our falcons fans around the world, please feel free to join us in this toast.

Here's to a successful year for our Rochester Falcons Archer, Beauty and Unity.  May there be fluffy eyases to watch grow up.  Let there again be young Peregrine Falcons gracing the sky above Rochester, NY.

Wishing all of you and your families peace and joy this holiday season!

Peregrines know no borders.....
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 21-Dec-11, 10:14:37 PM »

Another year has flown by!  Literally!  It has been an odd year for us here in Rochester.  But even though there were no young falcons to watch grow up to fledgling or grace our sky, we have a lot to be thankful for.

The Watchers were able to spend some time helping out our friends in Buffalo and Canada on their fledge watches and were involved in two rescues in Buffalo at Central Terminal.  We were able to travel over the border into Canada and witness the banding of Rhea Mae's, Linn's and Quest's young ones.  We even visited Stormin's new nest site where he took over caring for the young that hatched there.  For those that don't know, Stormin is Rhea Mae's son.

On Sunday, January 1st 2012 at noon, all of the Rochester Falcon Watchers and Rochester Falcon Fanatics are invited to gather near the intersection of Exchange and Broad, below the falcon nest box high on top of the Times Square building for our annual toast to a successful 2012 Rochester Falcon season.

To all our falcons fans around the world, please feel free to join us in this toast.

Here's to a successful year for our Rochester Falcons Archer, Beauty and Unity.  May there be fluffy eyases to watch grow up.  Let there again be young Peregrine Falcons gracing the sky above Rochester, NY.

2thumbsup

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-Dec-11, 11:03:25 PM »

I'll be there in "SPIRIT"

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-Dec-11, 11:27:11 PM »

I'll be there in "SPIRIT"

Me too! abs-cheers newyearbd

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22-Dec-11, 04:44:02 AM »

I'm still on orange juice... But raise one for me!!

wave
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29-Dec-11, 11:09:41 PM »

Quite a few folks have contacted me to let me know they're coming.  If you can make it, we'd sure love to see you on Sunday, 1/1/12.  Hope you can make it.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30-Dec-11, 06:25:59 AM »

Save a place for Absent Friends, ok?!

wave
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30-Dec-11, 06:39:26 AM »

Save a place for Absent Friends, ok?!

wave

Maybe Shaky will point the cam on the "Happy" zone again this year!   

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 30-Dec-11, 09:35:22 AM »

Maybe Shaky will point the cam on the "Happy" zone again this year!   

You can count on it.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30-Dec-11, 10:04:07 AM »

Will we also be meeting in the chat room to ring in the New Year together? 

(Although I've been sick all week & I can't promise I'll stay awake that long...phooey!)

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30-Dec-11, 10:10:21 AM »

(Although I've been sick all week & I can't promise I'll stay awake that long...phooey!)

Sorry Ei, get well before New Year's!!

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 30-Dec-11, 10:13:12 AM »

Yep. It's a tradition.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 30-Dec-11, 10:17:29 AM »

Yep. It's a tradition.

If I can type by then!!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30-Dec-11, 10:45:09 AM »

I will definitely be in the chat room again this New Years Eve! Probably be a bit tipsy again too!!! lol martini

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30-Dec-11, 10:58:58 AM »

I will definitely be in the chat room again this New Years Eve! Probably be a bit tipsy again too!!! lol martini

Type responsibly!  hysterical

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: