THE FORUM

01-May-24, 05:20:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beauty Found Injured - Downtown Rochester (2/10/12)  (Read 109114 times)
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 10-Feb-12, 09:21:04 PM »

Thanks, MAK. I am glad that Carol, Joyce, Dana and Kathy and you are all together!   Keeping Beauty in my thoughts, but you girls too!  It's hard on us out here, but you are the keepers of the flame!   Keep that candle lit.  We are with you and with Beauty.   
dharrington
Lurker

Like Count: 7

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10-Feb-12, 09:35:55 PM »

Sad     crying  There's not a day that goes by that I don't look up to see if I can see her or look out the window at work to see if our "Beautiful One" is out there.  Please be allright Beauty.  Hugs to all the watchers, especially to you MAK, my friend.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10-Feb-12, 10:52:40 PM »

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=RFC To light a candle for our Beauty. I started our own group. She needs us!  heart

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10-Feb-12, 10:58:43 PM »

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=RFC To light a candle for our Beauty. I started our own group. She needs us!  heart

Thank you so much, Donna.  I was just about to light a candle here at home when I saw this

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10-Feb-12, 11:00:45 PM »

Thank you so much, Donna.  I was just about to light a candle here at home when I saw this

Thanks for doing this.  I was going to start one but glad you did.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10-Feb-12, 11:02:22 PM »

Thanks for doing this.  I was going to start one but glad you did.

Thanks to nycbird for reminding me!  heart

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10-Feb-12, 11:32:50 PM »

Thanks Donna.  Love this.   heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10-Feb-12, 11:41:49 PM »

Thanks Donna.  Love this.   heart

Me too !  Sad

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 10-Feb-12, 11:46:41 PM »

Keep those candles lit for our Beautyful one!  heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11-Feb-12, 12:09:16 AM »

This evening, Kathy O, Dana, Joyce and I had dinner with MAK and spent time comforting each other and talking about what we had seen since last weekend, when a pair of Peregrines came into Rochester, Beauty's territory.  We know that Beauty did what any female falcon would do, she defended her territory and her nest site.  The cameras showed us Beauty at the nest box, which was unusual for her at this time of year.  Watchers did witness some aggression between Beauty and the female of the pair.  

After Sunday, Beauty did not appear on camera and we started to worry.  She was seen most mornings sitting on the Mercury statue.  Where was she?

Starting on Monday, I stopped after work to check the downtown area.  I saw nothing on Monday.  Tuesday, I stayed until after dark and finally found a Peregrine sitting on the south side of the old Changing Scenes Restaurant.  I got the scope out and tried to get a good look at this falcon.  I do believe this was Beauty.  After 10 minutes, she took off heading east, towards Midtown.  I looked for her and could not find her.  There was no vocalization and she flew strong.

Wednesday, I checked downtown and the surrounding area for close to two hours.  I drove slowly with my windows down listening and checking as much ground area as I could.  Brian H had done this the day before (Tuesday) on foot.  Neither of us had any luck finding her.

Thursday, I arrived downtown on the Broad St Bridge around 3:50 pm.  For two hours, I watched a female falcon hunt the pigeons over the river on either side of the bridge.  She landed in places that Beauty either never landed on or seldom did.  She seemed to be lighter than Beauty and my gut said, this was not Beauty, but I couldn't be sure.  I was never able to get a good look to see if this bird was banded.  I posted my picture album showing all the different places she landed.

Friday.  Late afternoon, Beauty was positively ID'd as the injured falcon picked up and brought in to a local rehabber.  

I just wanted to share what I saw during the week.  Get well soon Beauty.  We all miss you.   heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 11-Feb-12, 01:23:23 AM »

Poor Beauty! crying I hope they can fly again soon!

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 11-Feb-12, 03:55:33 AM »

Waking up to the dreadful news about Beauty. I can sense all the apprehension in your posts and very much share your concern. Do we know what her injuries are yet? Be brave, everyone - like Beauty!
valhalla
« Reply #42 on: 11-Feb-12, 05:59:07 AM »

Donations, people!  As soon as the name of the rehaber is posted, send your donations, as that is a positive and tangible thing that everyone can do. 
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 11-Feb-12, 06:27:44 AM »

Donations, people!  As soon as the name of the rehaber is posted, send your donations, as that is a positive and tangible thing that everyone can do. 

Thanks for the heads-up, Janet. Do you know - perhaps not yet - what the means of contributing will be? I want to, but am not great at online paying! I could maybe get Rod to do it... Will await instructions!
annieinelkhart
Juvie

Like Count: 23

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 11-Feb-12, 07:15:57 AM »

OH NO!  Shocked  I will be hoping and praying for the VERY BEST for Beauty!!  Just heart breaking when things like this happen!  crying Know she is in good hands and know they will keep us up to date as soon as they hear something.

EVERY DAY I THANK OUR TROOPS FOR ALL THEY DO FOR US!  IT IS THE LEAST I CAN DO!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: