THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 05:44:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beauty Found Injured - Downtown Rochester (2/10/12)  (Read 108998 times)
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 14-Feb-12, 08:54:20 PM »

I think June did great!  He tries to be funny (which does and does not always translate well) but she handled it great! 

I agree.  She gave a great interview in the face of a lot of rude attempts at cheap laughs.  June's a class act, and a real pro. Lonsberry is not.

Paul

You got that right!   
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 14-Feb-12, 09:08:42 PM »

Maybe during her rest, she will get stronger and hold her own! I don't want anymore fights.  Sad

Guru
Fluffball

Like Count: 6

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 14-Feb-12, 10:03:07 PM »

I missed the interview.  I listen every day to Bob.  Entertainment, that is his gig.  And just think, how many top rated talk shows would give June a forum?  Thumbs up to Bob and June.  I trust she did get her points across. 2thumbsup
valhalla
« Reply #138 on: 15-Feb-12, 05:05:08 AM »

Interesting use of words:  "it" in lieu of "her", "the bird" and not "falcon" - found the report to be very clinical and impersonal.  Just my impression and observation.
BIGFRANK
« Reply #139 on: 15-Feb-12, 05:13:36 AM »

Thats what it was, a medical update. Professionals arent attached like folks who watch the falcons hatched and raised. To do anything else would make them go mad Id think,given their chosen profession.
Vandrefalk
Eyas

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 15-Feb-12, 06:19:38 PM »

Well, falcon life in Rochester is never boring -- but it is a bit hard on the blood pressure some days.  My prayers for Beauty that she makes a full recovery, but if she must be an educational bird, at least she will still be with us.  We've lost too many recently and it can't help but break your heart.

The good news is that I don't think there are more dedicated people anywhere than you all in Rochester -- few towns (and for that matter, few peregrines) are lucky enough to have so many people caring about them.  Blessings to you all!

Vandrefalk
P.S.  Couldn't figure out how to light a candle?  And, if the fight was with Unity, maybe she was tired of being the other woman. . . . .
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 15-Feb-12, 06:23:30 PM »

Well, falcon life in Rochester is never boring -- but it is a bit hard on the blood pressure some days.  My prayers for Beauty that she makes a full recovery, but if she must be an educational bird, at least she will still be with us.  We've lost too many recently and it can't help but break your heart.

The good news is that I don't think there are more dedicated people anywhere than you all in Rochester -- few towns (and for that matter, few peregrines) are lucky enough to have so many people caring about them.  Blessings to you all!

Vandrefalk
P.S.  Couldn't figure out how to light a candle?  And, if the fight was with Unity, maybe she was tired of being the other woman. . . . .

I think she was tired of the pigeon poop! Just sayin... Wink

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 15-Feb-12, 06:55:49 PM »

Vandrefalk

I think she was tired of the pigeon poop! Just sayin... Wink

Also, it was a failed nest site.  I think that may be significant.  Sad in this case, but significant.  There's so many tall buildings, why the same ones.  Sheesh

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: 15-Feb-12, 07:16:49 PM »

P.S.  Couldn't figure out how to light a candle? 

Beauty is down to 25 lit candles. Most of them have burned out. Time to light another.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 15-Feb-12, 07:19:34 PM »

Beauty is down to 25 lit candles. Most of them have burned out. Time to light another.

I did last nite.  Saw they were down from 90+ to 70 and now 25. 

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 15-Feb-12, 07:21:14 PM »

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=RFC

I'll light one for you...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
falconsforever129
Juvie

Like Count: 37

~~Believe In Miracles~~

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 15-Feb-12, 08:29:20 PM »

I lit another candle for our sweet Beauty tonight. I am so glad she is doing as well as she is and even if she could never be released (which I am sure is not the case) just to have her alive is a great blessing.

heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 15-Feb-12, 08:42:10 PM »

I lit another candle for our sweet Beauty tonight. I am so glad she is doing as well as she is and even if she could never be released (which I am sure is not the case) just to have her alive is a great blessing.

heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart

ditto heart heart heart heart heart
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 15-Feb-12, 08:57:19 PM »

OK, we're back up to 73 candles....THANK YOU ALL! If Beauty could, she would thank you also!  heart

AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 15-Feb-12, 09:10:19 PM »

76 candles now. Hoping for continued good news of Beauty.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: