THE FORUM

19-Sep-24, 12:28:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beauty Found Injured - Downtown Rochester (2/10/12)  (Read 116614 times)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 25-Feb-12, 03:54:24 PM »

Yeah Thanks for the update. Is there any chance of someone sending us a picture or two of our girl? I for one would like to see her for myself.

I did ask and was told not at this time.  They did not want to put her under any stress.  Totally understandable.  Sorry.  I tried.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Lizz
Eyas

Like Count: 7

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 25-Feb-12, 03:55:26 PM »

Thanks so much for the update.  It has been so long in coming, but I know I must be patient.  If Beauty returns to Rochester I am fearful of the outcome.  Time will tell.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 25-Feb-12, 04:00:27 PM »

Thanks so much for the update.  It has been so long in coming, but I know I must be patient.  If Beauty returns to Rochester I am fearful of the outcome.  Time will tell.

Liz - We are all concerned.  No one wants to see any of the Peregrines hurt.

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 25-Feb-12, 04:43:35 PM »

Thank you for the update Carol.  I'm happy to hear she will be released, the timing sucks though - high hormone season and Archer will likely be home too - bound to be stressful for everyone. 

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 25-Feb-12, 04:49:10 PM »

OY!!! That's all I have to say! I wish her her best judgement! Thanks Carol!

AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 25-Feb-12, 05:20:13 PM »

What a great update! Thank you, Carol! And thank you for checking on the possibility of photos. Much as I would like to see her, I totally understand how important it is not to stress Beauty while she is recovering.

I am very concerned about what may happen when she is released. What other nest boxes are available which might be usable by one of the falcons? I am not sure what type of nest box, if any, Unity has had.
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 25-Feb-12, 05:23:33 PM »

Candles were down to 82 - lit three more. So glad to see today's great update on Beauty.

Beautiful new avatar, Carol!
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 25-Feb-12, 05:38:02 PM »

Candles were down to 82 - lit three more. So glad to see today's great update on Beauty.

Beautiful new avatar, Carol!

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=RFC

Just bumping the link back up top.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 25-Feb-12, 05:46:35 PM »

What a great update! Thank you, Carol! And thank you for checking on the possibility of photos. Much as I would like to see her, I totally understand how important it is not to stress Beauty while she is recovering.

I am very concerned about what may happen when she is released. What other nest boxes are available which might be usable by one of the falcons? I am not sure what type of nest box, if any, Unity has had.

While there are a number of other boxes north of downtown, Unity did not choose one.  She laid eggs on a metal sheet holding a chute away from a wall.  It's full of stuff, much of which seems to be pigeon poop.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 25-Feb-12, 06:06:32 PM »

While there are a number of other boxes north of downtown, Unity did not choose one.  She laid eggs on a metal sheet holding a chute away from a wall.  It's full of stuff, much of which seems to be pigeon poop.

Thank you, Dumpsterkitty! What would be the chances of providing a nest box for Unity somewhere close to the site she chose?
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 25-Feb-12, 06:11:10 PM »

Thank you, Dumpsterkitty! What would be the chances of providing a nest box for Unity somewhere close to the site she chose?

Those closer to the scene may know.

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 25-Feb-12, 06:21:40 PM »

Yeah Thanks for the update. Is there any chance of someone sending us a picture or two of our girl? I for one would like to see her for myself.

I did ask and was told not at this time.  They did not want to put her under any stress.  Totally understandable.  Sorry.  I tried.

Thanks, Carol for asking!  Wonderful picture of you and Cheyenne!!!  We can only hope for the best when she is released. 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 25-Feb-12, 07:11:12 PM »

2thumbsup  We'll be ready and waiting if the Beautyful one comes back after her release. heart  And hopefully nobody will need us to rescue them!

pfalcon    foxbinocs
« Last Edit: 25-Feb-12, 08:15:23 PM by MAK » Logged

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 25-Feb-12, 07:32:55 PM »

Good to hear that Beauty is doing well.   2thumbsup

Braveheart2665
Juvie

Like Count: 18

Freyja Always in my Heart

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 25-Feb-12, 08:59:24 PM »

clap MAK it's so very nice to know you all will there !

Beauty  heart

Follow me at Thebraveheartfiles.blogspot.com
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: