THE FORUM

24-Oct-24, 12:33:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: two questions ????  (Read 5178 times)
brobeta
Pipping

Like Count: 7

Backyard bird watching at its best!

View Profile
« on: 02-Mar-12, 10:22:11 AM »

Do we know for certain if Mr. is banded or un-banded?

Since I gather this is the new dominant pair in this territory, when Beauty is released back into the wild it would probably be best if she didn't return here?  Since Mariah returned after her release at Montezuma (as I recall) it would seem to me Beauty would have to be released further away to discourage her return.  Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 02-Mar-12, 10:28:50 AM »

Since I gather this is the new dominant pair in this territory, when Beauty is released back into the wild it would probably be best if she didn't return here?  Since Mariah returned after her release at Montezuma (as I recall) it would seem to me Beauty would have to be released further away to discourage her return.  Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

The new male is unbanded and when Beauty gets released, it's up to her where she goes. I don't think distance matters. Archer due back soon too. Could get pretty wild or maybe not. Just have to wait and see how it all unfolds.  hyper Nervous!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-Mar-12, 10:32:01 AM »

Thanks

Mr. is definitely unbanded.  I wouldn't be too quick to say they're (Mr. & U) a pair at all, let alone dominant.  As we saw last year with Mr. T, as soon as Archer came back Mr. T was gone.  Unity was bonded with Archer last year, so I would guess the same would happen this year whether it's Beauty or Unity in possession of the territory.  Assuming Archer returns-still some time before he's actually due.

As far as what might happen when Beauty is released it's anyone's guess.  Only the DEC knows what their thinking might be when the time comes to release her.  Will she fight Unity for the downtown territory?  Will she take over Unity's spot at KP?  Only time will answer those questions.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-Mar-12, 11:20:32 AM »

One advantage Beauty will have is she's probably being kept away from too much natural light so her hormones won't be amped up by natural daylight like the outside falcons will. 

This may give her the advantage of being more cautious and less likely to take adverse risks. She'll also just have left rehab so the memory of humans will be fresh on her mind and she may not want to revisit that so fast.   

I don't want to see any of them fatally hurt.  Each and every falcon is special and a gift in my mind.

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02-Mar-12, 11:25:14 AM »

One advantage Beauty will have is she's probably being kept away from too much natural light so her hormones won't be amped up by natural daylight like the outside falcons will. 

This may give her the advantage of being more cautious and less likely to take adverse risks. She'll also just have left rehab so the memory of humans will be fresh on her mind and she may not want to revisit that so fast.   

I don't want to see any of them fatally hurt.  Each and every falcon is special and a gift in my mind.

Very perceptive thoughts, Carly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: