THE FORUM

28-Apr-24, 02:03:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update on Website Problems - 5/11/12  (Read 5925 times)
Yarak
Forum Bot
Bot
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 95

Keeping falcon fans connected

View Profile
« on: 11-May-12, 12:31:30 PM »

We have been informed that the missing content cannot be recovered. We are going to resume normal operations of the site without it. This means that the Forum and FalconWatch blog are now open for use. Missing posts will need to be entered again.
Members who joined the Forum after March 8 will need to register...

Link:
http://rfalconcam.com/imprinting/?p=1685

This is an automated post.
valhalla
« Reply #1 on: 11-May-12, 08:17:29 PM »

Well!  This bites, but I know that the really precious pictures have been saved by many.  Shaky- we do have an archive of everything prior to 2012, correct?
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 11-May-12, 08:26:28 PM »

I have everything going back to 2007 backed up. I have almost everything up to March backed up. Just nothing after March 1st.  bang head
ezsha
Tiercel

Like Count: 25

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12-May-12, 07:31:04 AM »

I have everything going back to 2007 backed up. I have almost everything up to March backed up. Just nothing after March 1st.  bang head

Aren't all the posts automatically forwarded to the kfalconcam board on yahoo? I know I hadn't posted there in years, but my posts from this year showed up there, including the ones that were removed by moderators. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear the pictures are included (e.g. http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/kfalconcam/message/170540 ), but the text is there to recover that much.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to everyone working on this problem, especially Shaky for being the forum-face of all those efforts. bow

ezsha

ezsha
Tiercel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12-May-12, 07:49:39 AM »

Just read the 2012 Timeline topic posted under Rochester Falcon Discussion, where this was discussed.

My best wishes to all!
carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12-May-12, 07:56:14 AM »

Aren't all the posts automatically forwarded to the kfalconcam board on yahoo? I know I hadn't posted there in years, but my posts from this year showed up there, including the ones that were removed by moderators. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear the pictures are included (e.g. http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/kfalconcam/message/170540 ), but the text is there to recover that much.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to everyone working on this problem, especially Shaky for being the forum-face of all those efforts. bow

ezsha

WOW Thanks Ezsha. I found all the messages there ! I think we have it all back!!! thanks2 good post
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12-May-12, 08:39:32 AM »

WOW Thanks Ezsha. I found all the messages there ! I think we have it all back!!! thanks2 good post

They aren't all full posts, unfortunately, and Shaky said Yahoo had a glitch too and some stuff wasn't copied over.  But you are absolutely correct-all is not completely lost.  While it's far from ideal, between the dailies and Yahoo and our friends at BCAW we should be able to put a reasonable amount of the missing information together.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
ezsha
Tiercel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12-May-12, 09:03:04 AM »

They aren't all full posts, unfortunately, and Shaky said Yahoo had a glitch too and some stuff wasn't copied over.  But you are absolutely correct-all is not completely lost.  While it's far from ideal, between the dailies and Yahoo and our friends at BCAW we should be able to put a reasonable amount of the missing information together.

Is there any way to put out a press release to the public requesting any pictures they might have, just in case there are people who didn't participate on-line, or only watched the cameras, but otherwise didn't participate in the forum? Contacting Rachel Barnhart perhaps?
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 12-May-12, 09:25:13 AM »

Collecting everything is only one piece of the puzzle. Putting everything back in the right place is the hard part, especially on an active system without the help of skilled programmers.
ezsha
Tiercel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12-May-12, 09:41:12 AM »

Collecting everything is only one piece of the puzzle. Putting everything back in the right place is the hard part, especially on an active system without the help of skilled programmers.

Ouch! Do we have any forum members from RIT's IT department (or any other professional in an IT department at any other school or business) who are willing and knowledgeable enough to help with this, or even able to advise on what might need to happen?

Is there anything that general forum members who aren't IT-savvy can do to help, or at least anything we should not do to avoid making the process more difficult?

Thank you, Shaky!
« Last Edit: 12-May-12, 09:53:25 AM by ezsha » Logged
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 12-May-12, 09:51:28 AM »

There is nothing that forum members who aren't IT-savvy need to do.  Use the Forum as you normally would.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: