THE FORUM

28-Apr-24, 05:38:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rfalconcam Narrative restoration project  (Read 7103 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« on: 13-May-12, 05:54:41 PM »

In addition to the loss of the photo archive from 03/09/2012 03:59 through 05/07/2012 17:54 there has also been a loss of the posts from 03/09 through 05/11. 

As Kris G. reminded me, Rfalconcam is not the only forum discussing the Rochester Falcons. Birdcams Around the World is particularly active in keeping up with our adventures. Additionally, with the exception of 04/17-04/22, all the forum posts, including tweets, have been cross posted to our original home, Kfalconcam on Yahoo. And now that I've read them more carefully, there is more information posted than I remembered.

So, time for volunteers!  Each volunteer will be assigned a week (or more if you're able-it's a lot of time to cover) of missing time and scour all available sources-KFC, BCAW, Facebook, anywhere else someone can think of-and find all relevant Rochester falcon posts.  Then copy and paste them into a document. I'm not sure yet whether a dedicated topic here or a simple Word document emailed to me will be best. Or one of the web based products like PBworks. Or a combination of those methods.  The starting point is to gather the information in one place.

Once everyone is done, we'll sort it & organize it into a weekly summary followed by the relevant items that we can post as a forum post, Imprints-whatever.

For example:

April 29-May 5 2012

Dot.Ca continues his uneasy courtship of Beauty while still spending time with SA at the Brighton location.  Beauty continues to spend a lot of time lying in the nest box.  Most discussion revolves around whether Dot.Ca will settle with Beauty or SA or both.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.....other posts from KFC or BCAW...
------------------------------   
Posted in Rfalconcam Forum on 02-May-12, 04:54:17 PM EDT:

Bird Crazy   I have a couple theories as to what might be going on. What do you think?

1. is DC has been mating with SA and its been going on long enough that you would think there would be eggs by now. No sign incubation as of yet. So maybe she is not mature enough to lay eggs this year. so he figures if he wants young this season he'll have to "put up" with the older female (Beauty). So he has been mating with her but he still doesn't act like a partner should. no food gifts etc. His first choice is SA.Then next year...out (of the nest box) with the old (B) and in with the new (SA)

2. he is mating with Beauty and staying with her just enough to keep her from finding another tiercel. If he gives her enough attention. She will stay faithful to him and she wont hook up with what would be a threat to his territory.

3. its all a trick to get Beauty to let her guard down then he kicks her out and installs SA in the nest box. (maybe SA has told him no nest box no eggs)

4. He is just like his Daddy and is wanting to have two families.

5. he is growing more and more attracted to B

Now I hope for her its #5 but I have a bad feeling its #2 or #1
----------------------

Posted in Rfalconcam Forum on 02-May-12, 05:22:44 PM EDT:

Donna (movie) DC on corner of TS
-------------------------------   
Posted in Rfalconcam Forum on 02-May-12, 06:00:27 PM EDT:
WanderingFalcon (Carol P.): 2 were on KO. Adult and juvie or SA whining .
-------------------------

carly bcaw 04-May-2012 He has actually spent alot of time with Beauty the past few days and neglected SA so she's getting her turn. It's the same at our sites Bev, some days I'm ready to think Jack has abandoned Angel and suddenly he's at our site for hours on end.

Having two mates is not easy I'm sure and someone is inevitabley going to get the short end of the stick some days more than others. Marion used to say the 'mistress' was pretty much a single mom ..which is how WW treated Wind back in the day. Just the other day we were feeling sorry for SA because DotCa was here so much.

And last year how many times did I hear people lamenting over the fact Archer wasn't around but with Unity while poor Beauty sat on the eggs for hours?

I get everyone's concern but I don't want this turning into another 'DotCa' is a rat fest ...it is what it is and none of us like it but we have no say in the matter. I know pefa's are an intelligent species however they are not capable of cognitive thinking which is what it would take to purposely deceive another falcon like that..that's a human trait not a falcon one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So-post here if you're able to help. Or send me an email at rfcrecovery@gmail.com.  If a non-member wants to help we're happy to have you!

While we'd all like it fixed tomorrow, I'm fairly certain it will take us a bit of time to complete.  I think restoring the photo archive should take priority, so if you're helping with that, feel free to jump in here once that's done.  If you'll have time in a while, I'm sure we'll still need volunteers.

As always, suggestions are welcome...and thanks in advance for your help!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 13-May-12, 07:56:28 PM »

Just brainstorming here.  Would it be easier for one person to go through and just cut and paste say tweets, into a word document.

Looks like tweets show up with a "time stamp" on them.  Easy to spot.  This way they will already be separated.

This is what it looks like on the KFalconcam board.

171032 12:16 PM EDT, May 13, 2012  rfalconcam @ yahoo.com
rfalconcam    12:22 pm  
   Posted in Rfalconcam Forum on 13-May-12, 12:20:26 PM EDT: Yarak Keeping falcon fans connected Quote WanderingFalcon ( Carol P. ): DT. Looks like B at the SE...

I did an Advanced Search for one day:

5:48 PM EST, March 9, 2012 - MAKfalcon (MAK): U took off with her leftovers flying over the jail and out of view

5:26 PM EST, March 9, 2012 - MAKfalcon (MAK): U on ledge below NB with dinner

4:36 PM EST, March 9, 2012 - MAKfalcon (MAK): KathyO and I on Broad St. bridge had 1 falcon at. NB and 1 on OCSR top ibeam SE side Both gone now

These were all the tweets from March 9th.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13-May-12, 08:19:23 PM »

Just brainstorming here.  Would it be easier for one person to go through and just cut and paste say tweets, into a word document.

Looks like tweets show up with a "time stamp" on them.  Easy to spot.  This way they will already be separated.

This is what it looks like on the KFalconcam board.

171032 12:16 PM EDT, May 13, 2012  rfalconcam @ yahoo.com
rfalconcam    12:22 pm  
   Posted in Rfalconcam Forum on 13-May-12, 12:20:26 PM EDT: Yarak Keeping falcon fans connected Quote WanderingFalcon ( Carol P. ): DT. Looks like B at the SE...

I did an Advanced Search for one day:

5:48 PM EST, March 9, 2012 - MAKfalcon (MAK): U took off with her leftovers flying over the jail and out of view

5:26 PM EST, March 9, 2012 - MAKfalcon (MAK): U on ledge below NB with dinner

4:36 PM EST, March 9, 2012 - MAKfalcon (MAK): KathyO and I on Broad St. bridge had 1 falcon at. NB and 1 on OCSR top ibeam SE side Both gone now

These were all the tweets from March 9th.

That was my first thought. But I started considering-since we're trying to put info together from a variety of sources it would be easier to research later if it was all chronologically listed in one document.  Your tweets out-our tweets back-etc.  

Anyone have any thoughts on that?

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-May-12, 10:36:18 AM »

No thoughts but I would help with the project.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-May-12, 05:01:20 PM »

Thanks so much Kris.  Your help will be greatly appreciated.   clap

Peregrines know no borders.....
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14-May-12, 08:21:43 PM »

Thanks Kris!  A few more volunteers and we can get going!

And thank you to whoever moved this to the news section!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24-Jul-12, 11:09:05 PM »

I got this as a tweet tonight but don't see a new post!  How's this project going anyway?

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 25-Jul-12, 06:35:20 AM »

The tweet was triggered by a computer glitch.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25-Jul-12, 07:17:12 AM »

I got this as a tweet tonight but don't see a new post!  How's this project going anyway?

The project never got off the ground-and then Orion came along-I guess we'll try again in the off season.

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25-Jul-12, 07:29:44 AM »

The tweet was triggered by a computer glitch.

Everyone says so...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: