THE FORUM

18-Apr-24, 08:48:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bluebirds  (Read 4269 times)
Gawoman
Fluffball

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« on: 18-Jun-12, 08:05:35 PM »

My favorite webcams are with bluebirds.  The reason is because as the young get older, they react to sounds outside the box, no matter what it is (even thunder), only to sometimes be disappointed.  Their incubation period is not long, and bluebirds usually have 2 or 3 broods a year, so when they fly off, you could get a second or third round. 

For those that want to see the action from the beginning, here is a webcam just east of Pittsburgh, Pa., with the first little hatchling, and 3 more to come.  It is 24 hour and with sound.

http://www.westmorelandconservancy.org/BlueBirdWebcam-1.htm
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 18-Jun-12, 08:17:38 PM »

My favorite webcams are with bluebirds.  The reason is because as the young get older, they react to sounds outside the box, no matter what it is (even thunder), only to sometimes be disappointed.  Their incubation period is not long, and bluebirds usually have 2 or 3 broods a year, so when they fly off, you could get a second or third round. 

For those that want to see the action from the beginning, here is a webcam just east of Pittsburgh, Pa., with the first little hatchling, and 3 more to come.  It is 24 hour and with sound.

http://www.westmorelandconservancy.org/BlueBirdWebcam-1.htm

Oh how adorable! Thank you!  clap

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18-Jun-12, 08:47:17 PM »

Very cute, thanks. No wonder Firefox is always "not responding", so many web cams running.

Gawoman
Fluffball

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18-Jun-12, 08:57:48 PM »

I forgot to mention, that in looking at the calendar, I think this might be the second hatching this year.  The first is usually in early April, so there may or may not be another round after these babies fledge.   
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18-Jun-12, 09:24:05 PM »

I forgot to mention, that in looking at the calendar, I think this might be the second hatching this year.  The first is usually in early April, so there may or may not be another round after these babies fledge.   

For the first time, we have 2 Bluebird boxes in our backyard.  We got them up late but were lucky to get a Bluebird pair in one box where 3 babies fledged about a week or so ago.  We figured this was a second clutch. The past few days we've observed the male sitting on top of the other box and yesterday we found a nest being built in it.  Today, I saw 2 males-one sitting on top of each box so we could be looking for a 3rd clutch-possibly in both boxes!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18-Jun-12, 09:31:02 PM »

For the first time, we have 2 Bluebird boxes in our backyard.  We got them up late but were lucky to get a Bluebird pair in one box where 3 babies fledged about a week or so ago.  We figured this was a second clutch. The past few days we've observed the male sitting on top of the other box and yesterday we found a nest being built in it.  Today, I saw 2 males-one sitting on top of each box so we could be looking for a 3rd clutch-possibly in both boxes!

clap on both counts!

Gawoman
Fluffball

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19-Jun-12, 05:56:08 PM »

All four eggs have hatched, and there are 4 cute, little squiggly babies.   Smiley

I just saw mom feeding the babies, and dad stuck his head into the box with a bug of some sort in his beak.  Mom took the bug from him and continued to feed it to the babies. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: