THE FORUM

01-May-24, 03:09:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help - Pigott??  (Read 4612 times)
NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« on: 09-Aug-12, 06:57:51 PM »

Sorry, I have NO idea where to post this and can't seem to find anything to answer my question.  WHO is PIGOTT?  ???
Lizz
Eyas

Like Count: 7

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 09-Aug-12, 07:01:41 PM »

Pigott is the juvie at the Brighton site who keeps company with Dot.ca when he is not with his downtown family.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-Aug-12, 07:05:37 PM »

The full summary can be found on Imprints http://rfalconcam.com/imprinting/?p=1673

From that post:

Like we were saying, many Peregrines do not survive their first year. But we are here to tell you about a success story. A young female that made it through her first year and is thriving. All of you that have been following the story of the Rochester Falcons know that we have been watching a young female at the Brighton location. We’ve been calling her SA for sub adult. The Rochester Watchers have been trying very hard to get pictures of her bands to positively ID her and give her back her proper name.

The pictures were sent to our friends from the Canadian Peregrine Foundation who track these numbers and this is the answer we received from Tracy Simpson, CPF.

“Meet Pigott. I have 43 over X. Of the top digits, the 3 on the right is very discernible and on the left, the only number with straight lines that are both vertical and horizontal is 4. Combined with the green and red tape on the USFW band, the evidence is overwhelming. I have attached below a little history on her name so that you can share with others where the name came from. This is great news! She was a 2011 hatch and if you look on the Hamilton Sheraton (CPF) site where she was hatched, you`ll see that she had a bit of a rough go of things during fledge with a couple of rescues required."

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
NoraH
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-Aug-12, 08:55:36 PM »

Oh thank you, so that is SA!  I'm really sorry, between our local eagles at Decorah and peregrines I'm afI check stuff out here, but am not quite as knowledgeable as I should be.  I remembered the reports with SA, don't know how I missed her name was Pigott.   Undecided
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09-Aug-12, 09:01:07 PM »

Oh thank you, so that is SA!  I'm really sorry, between our local eagles at Decorah and peregrines I'm afI check stuff out here, but am not quite as knowledgeable as I should be.  I remembered the reports with SA, don't know how I missed her name was Pigott.   Undecided

No need to apologize...so many birds, so little time!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 09-Aug-12, 11:10:15 PM »

Moved to Help! board.
NoraH
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09-Aug-12, 11:57:39 PM »

Thanx Shaky.  I saw the "help" section, but thought it was for forum problems, not this type of help.  I'll use it next time.   wave
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: