THE FORUM

28-Apr-24, 11:02:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida Eagle cam  (Read 131653 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 28-Sep-15, 08:07:31 AM »

It sure has been hard at so many nest areas this year Margaret. Ozzie (no official ID from SWFLECam but rescuer called in band number and has pics) has been picked up and is in the care of CROW again so I'm sure there s/be an update tomorrow. The foot/leg appears to be quite infected the girl that rescued him said as the injury is a week old now and he was covered in flies. She said he got into their pond, drank a lot of water and looked very strange and then apparently that is when he got caught in the barbed wire. He made no attempt to get away from her as she covered him with a blanket she said, so I'm thinking the infection may have spread and he is too sick to even try to fly or fight. For all we know he may have re-injured the shoulder and can't fly. He stayed still on her porch until CROW arrived.

From FB   Sad

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 28-Sep-15, 09:20:16 AM »

I saw Ozzie's pic last night on the rescuer's FB page..the puncture wounds that he got on his left foot from the fight didn't look that bad..hard to tell from the pic, I guess.  He was all wet, just standing there looking at the camera. I wonder now what's happened to M15? He was so devoted to Harriet but hasn't been seen in days.  The commenters did ask the lady that rescued Oz to look around her property to see if there were any Eagles on the ground.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 28-Sep-15, 09:24:41 AM »

From FaceBook:

CROW - Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife, Inc.

Ozzie, CROW's former patient and star of the Southwest Florida Eagle Cam, arrived at CROW late last night with injuries. He will be receiving a physical examniation later this morning and we will provide a detailed update early this afternoon. Thanks for your patience.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 28-Sep-15, 09:26:34 AM »

From FaceBook:

Ozzie, CROW's former patient and star of the Southwest Florida Eagle Cam, arrived at CROW late last night with injuries. He will be receiving a physical examniation later this morning and we will provide a detailed update early this afternoon. Thanks for your patience.

Beat me to it..was just going to post! handshake  Poor Ozzie..hope his injuries aren't too serious.  Sad

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 28-Sep-15, 12:22:26 PM »

here's that sweet boy Ozzie!!  wub2

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 28-Sep-15, 05:42:12 PM »

Story on Ozzie:

http://www.news-press.com/story/life/outdoors/2015/09/28/eagle-ozzie-harriet-birds/72963674/

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 28-Sep-15, 06:51:18 PM »

http://www.winknews.com/2015/09/28/ozzie-the-eagle-injured-back-at-crow/ and another on Ozzie! Video. Hate maggots!!! He's a lucky lucky boy!!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 28-Sep-15, 07:34:42 PM »

http://www.winknews.com/2015/09/28/ozzie-the-eagle-injured-back-at-crow/ and another on Ozzie! Video. Hate maggots!!! He's a lucky lucky boy!!

Gives me the chills when I hear of maggots on an open wound. Get healthy Ozzie, Harriet is waiting for you!  heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 29-Sep-15, 08:02:56 AM »

I felt the need to update you on Oliver the eagle that Benny Bruhling and I rescued back on March 2nd of this year, admidst the heartbreaking news of Ozzie getting injured again because there are some similarities between the two eagles. Oliver also was injured in a territorial fight with another eagle. We found him walking in a corn field not being able to fly. We didn't realize at first what was going on till the other eagle that he was fighting with appeared and attacked him on the ground. When the dust settled he had multiple wounds, a hole in his crop and 3 missing talons. Eventually he had to have one talon amputated but is slowly recovering and the last I heard he is in the flight pen which is the last step before release! heart emoticon The University of Minnesota Raptor Center will just give us monthly updates on Oliver's progress and the next one is October 22. I will keep you updated! heart emoticon

When I heard of confirmed fighting between Ozzie and M15 and saw the pictures I was terrified. It hit home hard because I had witnessed it first hand with Oliver. I have learned that eagles will fight for territory's for hours and sometimes days. They fight, retreat, rest up and fight some more. Territory fighting is brutal and can sometimes end up fatal. I'm thankful that Ozzie was rescued and now is in the care of CROW. He is in good hands and has a good chance of recovering just like Oliver did. I'm praying that M15 shows up soon otherwise I'm deeply concerned for his welfare. If he is injured I hope someone finds him and he can get the help he may need.

In the meantime we have to have to pray, have patience and come together as a united and supportive eagle family for Ozzie, M15, Harriet and CROW. It has been a very tough year for everyone for several losses and injuries in our vast eagle world.

Fly Like an Eagle!
Sue, smbruhling

North Central Wisconsin - March 2, 2015
Canon EOS Rebel T3i, f/5.6, ISO 100, 55mm

Sad

Chippewa Eagles

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 29-Sep-15, 01:57:58 PM »

Ozzie receiving wound care at C.R.O.W.

http://youtu.be/dYAH5Jspp-o

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 30-Sep-15, 10:51:04 AM »

crying crying crying crying

It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Ozzie, the bald eagle, co-star of the Southwest Florida Eagle Cam. Ozzie passed away last night at CROW due to complications from his recent injuries that included multiple severe lacerations and a broken toe in each foot. Ozzie was brought to CROW for a second time on Sunday, September 27, after he was found weak and injured in a North Fort Myers backyard. He arrived at CROW late at night in critical condition, unable to stand and fighting septicemia (a bacterial blood infection). It is highly likely these injuries were sustained from a fight with another bald eagle near the nest that was documented on the Southwest Florida Eagle Cam Facebook page. It was also reported that he had been entangled in barbwire.

A necropsy will be performed on Ozzie at the Southeastern Cooperative Wildlife Disease Study (SCWDS) at The University of Georgia and we will share those results with you when they become available. We would like to thank everyone for their support and unwavering belief in CROW during Ozzie’s rehabilitation and recent stay. Your endless words of encouragement carried the CROW staff through challenging times.
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 30-Sep-15, 10:56:28 AM »

Oh no re Ozzie!
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 30-Sep-15, 11:05:31 AM »

Oh, poor Ozzie!   Sad

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 30-Sep-15, 11:07:40 AM »

crying crying crying crying

It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Ozzie, the bald eagle, co-star of the Southwest Florida Eagle Cam. Ozzie passed away last night at CROW due to complications from his recent injuries that included multiple severe lacerations and a broken toe in each foot. Ozzie was brought to CROW for a second time on Sunday, September 27, after he was found weak and injured in a North Fort Myers backyard. He arrived at CROW late at night in critical condition, unable to stand and fighting septicemia (a bacterial blood infection). It is highly likely these injuries were sustained from a fight with another bald eagle near the nest that was documented on the Southwest Florida Eagle Cam Facebook page. It was also reported that he had been entangled in barbwire.

A necropsy will be performed on Ozzie at the Southeastern Cooperative Wildlife Disease Study (SCWDS) at The University of Georgia and we will share those results with you when they become available. We would like to thank everyone for their support and unwavering belief in CROW during Ozzie’s rehabilitation and recent stay. Your endless words of encouragement carried the CROW staff through challenging times.

Heartbreaking news.  crying  Fly free, Ozzie..you were a great Eagle dad and mate.  sorrow

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 30-Sep-15, 11:35:12 AM »

Sad crying  Cry kleenex sorrow 

O Z Z I E

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: