THE FORUM

28-Apr-24, 12:58:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida Eagle cam  (Read 131642 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 28-Jan-16, 06:24:13 PM »

hatch1 hatch1 yahoo

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 09-Feb-16, 11:53:37 AM »

Sadly, E8 has fishing line wrapped tightly around his leg, resulting in swelling of the leg.  The good news is that there's going to be an intervention!

From FB-

E8 UPDATE: We are currently working with the state & federal wildlife agencies, the FWC and USFWS, and the staff at our local permitted wildlife rehabilitation center, CROW - Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife, Inc., to arrange a timely rescue of E8 from entangled fishing line.

Because E8's leg is swollen, CROW will observe the eaglet and make a decision to remove from the nest for further care at their clinic. If this occurs, once medically stable, it will be returned to the nest.

Because of the sensitivity of the situation, we will be pausing live streaming shortly & all ground visitors will also be asked to leave the area to avoid further disturbance during the rescue attempt. This is for the safety of everyone, particularly the eagles.

Reminder to all viewers - please not call or email the FWC or CROW about the situation. It is being handled by the appropriate parties.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 09-Feb-16, 01:11:53 PM »

Sadly, E8 has fishing line wrapped tightly around his leg, resulting in swelling of the leg.  The good news is that there's going to be an intervention!

From FB-

E8 UPDATE: We are currently working with the state & federal wildlife agencies, the FWC and USFWS, and the staff at our local permitted wildlife rehabilitation center, CROW - Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife, Inc., to arrange a timely rescue of E8 from entangled fishing line.

Because E8's leg is swollen, CROW will observe the eaglet and make a decision to remove from the nest for further care at their clinic. If this occurs, once medically stable, it will be returned to the nest.

Because of the sensitivity of the situation, we will be pausing live streaming shortly & all ground visitors will also be asked to leave the area to avoid further disturbance during the rescue attempt. This is for the safety of everyone, particularly the eagles.

Reminder to all viewers - please not call or email the FWC or CROW about the situation. It is being handled by the appropriate parties.

Update from FB-

Many thanks to CROW - Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife, Inc., LCEC and our local MasTec contractor for coming together quickly and rescuing E8 from entanglement.

E8 was taken back to CROW - Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife, Inc. clinic for further evaluation. We will wait to hear from them on next steps. To learn more about their mission or donate to their organization visit: crowclinic.org.

We are back streaming LIVE again: www.SWFLEagleCam.com

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 09-Feb-16, 05:46:26 PM »

Update from CROW on FB about E8-Pics shown and he/she's adorable!

https://www.facebook.com/CROWClinic/posts/964139000307757

Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 09-Feb-16, 06:50:26 PM »

eagle2 Best of luck to this eaglet hung up in man's careless discards. I hope E8 can soon be returned to the nest.

Dot in PA
Tapper Gal
Fledgling

Like Count: 11

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 09-Feb-16, 08:14:08 PM »

Appreciate the  updates and info on E8.What a cutie.Hope he can be returned to his/her nest and family.CROW is a great organization,thanks for their intervention.   clap

Tapper Gal, AKA ,  Diane
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 10-Feb-16, 01:11:37 PM »

Update!

http://www.winknews.com/2016/02/10/video-e8-responding-well-to-treatment-at-crow/

So cute!

https://www.facebook.com/AnnieHubbellNews/videos/vb.161102824014106/336992876425099/?type=2&theater

« Last Edit: 10-Feb-16, 01:21:35 PM by Kris G. » Logged

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 10-Feb-16, 09:33:37 PM »

More in depth update from CROW about E8- 2thumbsup

http://www.news-press.com/videos/news/2016/02/10/80192772/

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 11-Feb-16, 04:33:26 PM »

http://youtu.be/gmx8nwV7vlU

Look how cute!! E8's therapy!!  heart

UPDATE: E8 (#16-361) is bright and alert and continues to show signs of improvement. The eaglet continues to receive physical therapy and a warm pack on its feet 3 times a day to help reduce swelling. E8’s appetite is strong and is steadily gaining weight.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 11-Feb-16, 07:40:50 PM »

2thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 12-Feb-16, 01:48:53 PM »

Update from FB!  E8 is being released back to the nest today!   2thumbsup

E8 RELEASE UPDATE- After 3 days in the care of CROW - Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife, Inc., E8 has been cleared for release & will return back to the nest with E7, Harriet & M15 today! The release will happen early this afternoon and we will again be pausing live streaming for the safety of all involved, most importantly the eagles.

E8’s injury was caused by improperly discarded fishing line that ended up in the nest. You can help reduce litter and save all kinds of wildlife by properly disposing of or recycling fishing line and other litter. Learn more about MyFWC's Monofilament Recovery & Recycling Program at the link below.

Many thanks to all for your support! Stay tuned here for updates on E8's release.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 12-Feb-16, 02:09:21 PM »

2thumbsup  Hurray for E8!   heart  I hope he continues to thrive now that he'll be back with Mom & Dad. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 12-Feb-16, 03:08:55 PM »

Look who's back!!     heart

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 12-Feb-16, 03:44:48 PM »

2thumbsup  Hurray for E8!   heart  I hope he continues to thrive now that he'll be back with Mom & Dad. 

I hope so too!  E7 is a lot bigger than E8 right now and could really hurt him if he starts the bonking again.  I've been watching for a few minutes and E8 is breathing quite hard and got awfully close to the edge.  A parent was standing close..seems confused as to what's going on? Hope this ends well.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 12-Feb-16, 05:28:17 PM »

I guess E7 was being a bit testy with E8 being placed so Dr Barron pulled E8 back up and tried again

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: