THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 05:44:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida Eagle cam  (Read 131630 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 02-Mar-16, 12:39:42 PM »

SOUTHWEST FLORIDA EAGLE CAM·TUESDAY, 1 MARCH 2016
Nest mates E7 and E8 are progressing each day as young eaglets. E7 has been mastering aggressiveness and is mostly first to eat at meal delivery. E8 gains courage and learns new ways to get to the food by staying out of the way and slowly making a move when the time is right. E8 is becoming more assertive and eager grabbing a good share at mealtime. All these skills are valuable for young Eagles to learn for their survival. Their growth and lessons are in high gear as Mom and Dad provide nourishment and guidance.
E7 and E8 have natural curiosity in their near and far environment. They are picking up and moving sticks and grasses to help Mom and Dad with “nestorations”. E8 searches the nest for any leftover food morsels. They waddle to the nest edge to peer over at the outside world. Wing flapping in the breezes and standing tall for longer periods all help them grow stronger each day.
Harriet and M15’s bond grows stronger as they care for their young. They have managed to spend some time together at the pond and perched in some of their favorite place. Their view is always focused on their nest and the precious cargo it holds. M15 has grown into a strong Eagle Dad and Harriet continually demonstrates the strength she possesses as Eagle Mom. All the bonds are strengthening daily in their growth as Eagle family. Nest Notes by dadsjazz

2thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 16-Apr-16, 09:04:37 AM »

Wow, time flew and so did E7!!  thumbsup

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 16-Apr-16, 10:44:13 AM »

wow eagle2

-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 20-Apr-16, 11:21:13 PM »

According to FB, there was a partial collapse of the nest today, with E8 yet to fledge. He has recently branched so, hopefully, he stays safe and fledges soon...been enough drama at this site this year!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 29-Apr-16, 09:37:53 PM »

E7 is flying well..E8 has branched but still hasn't flown yet. Nice video of both!

http://youtu.be/DdasTZzpHEU

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 07-May-16, 01:44:38 PM »

Reports of an owl attack last night on both eaglets. E7 has been seen at the nest looking unharmed, we all continue to wait for E8's return.

Great, what next??   Sad

Tapper Gal
Fledgling

Like Count: 11

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 07-May-16, 02:41:41 PM »

Oh no!!!!  Please come home E8,we are waiting for you.  Shocked

Tapper Gal, AKA ,  Diane
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 07-May-16, 06:54:22 PM »

Dang!  Hopefully E8 is safe somewhere, and just still unsure about flying.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 07-May-16, 09:28:47 PM »

I have been watching this story throughout the day and thought it a good idea to post what we know for sure and what we don’t know.  A cam viewer reported at about 3am Sat that it looked like an owl had attacked the nest and the eaglets and since that time E8 has not been seen.  The owl attack has not been confirmed, but what is confirmed is that E8 has not been seen all day.  Both eaglets have fledged and are able to fly, so E8 really could be anywhere.   It is unusual for a newly fledged eaglet to leave the nest area, but not unheard of.   It is also important to remember that the eaglets are bigger than the owls at this point in their life, so it is not at all likely that owl, if there an attack, would have carried E8 away or anything like that.  If E8 was seriously injured, it would be likely that he would be on the ground near the nest and many folks have been looking all day and have not seen E8 -although it is not clear whether the fields have been searched directly on the ground.  So talons crossed that E8 is just away, perhaps startled or scared away, but it is reasonably likely that all is okay.    I hope that helps a little bit with the worries.  We will all feel better if E8 pops up again on cam for sure, but all we can do at this point is trust that lots of people are watching for him and keep everyone posted.

Posted on FB

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 09-May-16, 09:34:04 AM »

I read on BCAW that a man, who witnessed the attack, said the Owl was after both Eaglets but E8 took a severe blow to the back and he would think he had suffered a severe injury.  Cry

News report about the Owl attack-

http://www.abc-7.com/story/31920594/north-fort-myers-famous-eaglet-missing-after-owl-attack

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 09-May-16, 10:58:50 AM »

Shocked crying How sad, hope they find the eaglet soon!!!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 09-May-16, 11:36:53 AM »

Doesn't sound good for E8.  Sad

-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 09-May-16, 12:50:11 PM »

Regular and slow motion videos of the Owl attacks on E7 & E8

http://youtu.be/7vEHV9g-nmc

http://youtu.be/TVMJ7_B_gqg

Tapper Gal
Fledgling

Like Count: 11

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 10-May-16, 03:06:22 PM »

Oh dear,I know these things happen but it is still difficult to accept that E8 may not return.I continue to hope for the best and to accept what the final outcome may be,whether I like it or not.   eagle   

Tapper Gal, AKA ,  Diane
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 13-May-16, 05:49:23 PM »

News!!! E8 Has Been Found! ...colonthree emoticon...
One week after the owl attack, we are beyond relieved to see this news! An injured E8 has been found and receiving care at CROW - Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife, Inc.. Radiographs showed a right leg femur fracture (broken leg) that will require surgery this weekend. We will share more details & updates as they are available.

A juvenile American bald eagle was found injured near the Southwest Florida Eagle Cam earlier today and brought to ‪#‎CROWClinic‬. After photo identification and other factors such as location and condition of the eagle, it is strongly believed to be E8. The eagle arrived thin, dehydrated and very weak. Radiographs showed a right leg femur fracture (broken leg) that will require surgery this weekend. E8 is currently in critical condition and will remain on strict cage rest. The prognosis is guarded and CROW veterinarians will have more information after surgery is complete.

SWEET!!!  bow

http://www.winknews.com/2016/05/13/just-in-eagle-believed-to-be-e8-found-injured/ Article on E8

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: