THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 10:15:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fred Vickers -- the oldest member of k/rfalconcam...  (Read 15081 times)
Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 13-Dec-09, 05:21:00 PM »

Anne, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad; I lost my Mom at the end of October, and know that even after a prolonged illness and with the knowledge that he/she may be "ready" to go, you're still never ready to let them go...

Let your wonderful memories sustain you...my thoughts are with you and your family.
carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13-Dec-09, 05:37:20 PM »

Hi Anne,

Sorry to hear about your father,he was very special to this forum. falcon2

Carla
Judi
Juvie

Like Count: 43

African Fish Eagle

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13-Dec-09, 07:49:38 PM »

Anne,

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's passing but I'm also glad to know that you were able to be with him at the end, something I wasn't able to do when my dad passed 5 years ago.  He'll always be in your heart and memories.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Judi   Cry

Life's a dance, you learn as you go...sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow...
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14-Dec-09, 12:15:48 AM »

Dear Anne,

The bond that you had with your Dad will always be in your heart.  If it wasn't for the love of nature that Fred Vickers shared with his family, we may not have gotten to know you.  And through you, we enjoyed his messages.  Now he is soaring with the angels.

Fondly,
Joyce  rose
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14-Dec-09, 01:16:55 AM »

Anne, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad; I lost my Mom at the end of October, and know that even after a prolonged illness and with the knowledge that he/she may be "ready" to go, you're still never ready to let them go...

Let your wonderful memories sustain you...my thoughts are with you and your family.

Patty,  I'm so very sorry about your mom.  It's so hard to lose a parent

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
anneintoronto
« Reply #20 on: 14-Dec-09, 10:12:46 PM »

Patti -- I know what you mean about never being ready to let your parents go...  My Mom passed away in August 2008 and she left a little empty space in my heart.  And now, with Dad, that space is bigger.  However, I have to gradually accept what was and is, and enjoy my memories, rather than be too sad.  People say that I'm lucky that I had them for so long, but I know that I've been used to having them around for 60 years...
One thing that helps a lot is all the support one gets from this group.  You are all very thoughtful and kind and I really do appreciate all your sympathy and thoughts about my Dad.  He truly enjoyed this group -- was fascinated by the camera images of Mariah & Kaver and the eyases.  I remember him calling me at work, in the middle of the day, to tell me the first egg had hatched!  He was charmed by the whole thing.  Long after he was able to post, we talked about what was going on and I made sure that he saw the most important posts.  He also loved all the photos posted by our excellent photographers.  He would spend a lot of time going through each album and then would tell me what he liked best or what bird he'd seen during his more active birdwatching days.  The whole thing filled in many hours for him and we always appreciated your efforts.
So thank you all so much.  You are all the best!
Anne C. (Toronto, ON Canada)
Helen in MD
Eyas

Like Count: 76

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 15-Dec-09, 04:44:46 PM »

Anne, so sorry to hear about your dad.  And how lucky you are to have had the love of nature instilled in you by a loving father.  Sympathies to you and all of yours.
Marcia L.
Fluffball

Like Count: 17

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16-Dec-09, 12:59:37 PM »

Dear Anne:

It was with sadness that I read of your father's passing.  I remember his interesting posts from years past.

I was also interested to see that your dad shared a birthday with my mother, who was 94 when she passed away.  Seems if you're born on 8 December, you're destined to live a good long time!

Mother taught me as a child to watch the birds at the feeder in the pear tree on our small farm.  I still have many of her watercolors and pastels, most of which depict birds.  So I guess I come by my abiding interest in birds naturally.  I'll always be grateful to her for that.

May your happy memories sustain you through this difficult time, and the light of Christmas bring you hope.

Marcia

Marcia L.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16-Dec-09, 01:17:02 PM »

Anne,

So sorry about the loss of your father.

Kris

Nic1Pic
Juvie

Like Count: 43

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 16-Dec-09, 02:33:39 PM »

Anne, accept my condolences. My father's birthday was also December 8th. He is gone for 29 years now. I know what you live. Bon courage. Nicole, your neighbour from Québec.
katnagel
Pipping

Like Count: 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 21-Dec-09, 04:20:33 PM »

It's with sadness that I let our friends, here on rfalconcam, know,that my treasured father, Fred Vickers, died at 5pm today.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I don't get to the forum very often, so I didn't see your message until today. I used to enjoy Fred's occasional comments on the kfalconcam discussion list, and used him as an inspiring example when elderly friends said they were too old to use the computer to pursue their interests.

K@
Kat Nagel

Tech writer, website creator, reader, singer, staff to three cats
valhalla
« Reply #26 on: 21-Dec-09, 05:46:31 PM »

used him as an inspiring example when elderly friends said they were too old to use the computer to pursue their interests.

Fred was an inspiration to me and I'm certified to take computers apart!  I'm going to miss that inspiration and the example that he set.  This computer "stuff" is of our generation and Fred reached out, grabed it, and found wonders and new friends.  Fred was "the man" and I'm missing him.  Let us all remember Fred and remember the standard that he set. 
Mirta
Fledgling

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25-Dec-09, 02:08:27 PM »

Sad
I´m been very busy these days and could´t come here to read the messages
My deepest sympathies to you and all of yours
I was glad when you told me Fred enjoyed my pictures from penguins and Antarctica. Even we never were in contact directly, I felt him an important falcon friend
A very big hug
Mirta
Caitie
Fledgling

Like Count: 19

Iamnotaddicted

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 26-Dec-09, 12:37:17 PM »

Anne
Im so sorry for your loss  Sad  My dad passed in 1977 from cancer and I miss him still. I was only 20.
I hope you had some joyous moments this holiday season. I know they can be the worse after a loved one passes. His love of nature said alot about him Smiley Keep your happiest memories close and he'll never be far from your heart. God Bless

Jen in SoCal
Pipping

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 26-Dec-09, 02:17:28 PM »

Dear Anne:

Have been away from the forum for a while, but was so sorry to read of your Dad's passing.  I have always enjoyed your stories of him, and what a fine person he was.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Jen in SoCal -

It's with sadness that I let our friends, here on rfalconcam, know,that my treasured father, Fred Vickers, died at 5pm today.  He celebrated his 94th birthday on the 8th of December.  My husband, Kevin, and I took over a little cake, with three candles, and he was able to blow out the candles and eat some cake.  Although he was very tired and not too verbal, he knew who we were and smiled at our singing of Happy Birthday!
    Starting last evening, Dad went to a deeper level, so we went over this morning and stayed with him when he died this afternoon.  He wasn't suffering at all, just plain worn out.  Although I am sad, I have lots of wonderful memories and knowledge from my Dad.  He and Mom always educated my brother and me about birds and all things "Nature".  Without that knowledge, I probably never would have found the Kodak peregrines and likely wouldn't have stopped to see what those two birds were in the (nest) box!  And what a loss that would have been!  I was so pleased, too, after showing Dad the Kodak website, that he decided that he wanted to join too!  He was very proud to be the oldest member and loved the daily posts, puzzles and photographs, and all the birthday wishes over the years!  You all were very accepting and supportive, especially Nora in Iowa (who he adopted as his second daughter!) and Aafke, whose puzzles and ecards he loved!  Even in the hospital, where he was since May 22nd, he wanted to hear about the peregrines and you people!
    Thank you, my friends, for accepting my Dad into this friendly and knowledgeable group, and for being so kind to him!  You are all very special!

Anne C. (Toronto, ON Canada)

[/color][/size][/font]   
[/quote]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: