THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 06:06:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Pictures from the Rfalconcam Cameras  (Read 1196738 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #3165 on: 05-Dec-13, 07:35:01 PM »

Today was very stressful! Let's have PEACE tomorrow! I hope Beauty and ? don't battle again, my ticker can't handle another day of this! Thank you MAK, Dana, Carol, Joyce, Brian, Larry and our window watcher's: Pat and Debbie for all your reports! I chewed my lip raw today with worry and stress!! Oh and DC, how could you possibly eat at a time like this???  tantrum No Mercy!! Good luck tomorrow!!

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: 05-Dec-13, 08:19:40 PM »

Well said, Donna! Let's have peace in the Rochester skies tomorrow! 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: 06-Dec-13, 07:40:41 AM »

phewyahoo

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: 06-Dec-13, 08:07:36 AM »

Thanks for the great news! Let's hope things have been resolved and the days to come are peaceful ones. 
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: 06-Dec-13, 11:30:30 AM »

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
bev.
Eyas

Like Count: 12

View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: 06-Dec-13, 02:29:04 PM »

As a watcher for many years at this site and from the ground at my own, I know how stressful it was for the people on the ground yesterday and the day before. And for those of us waiting for your word, it was gut wrenching.  scared blue

I thank-you all so much for being so dedicated and unbiased.  clap :clap:We all hope for the best and in our hearts have our favorites , but we always hope for not harm to anyone. You displayed that yesterday.  wub2
and through it all , you still had humor. thumbsup

We know that these things will be occurring more and more but your eyes are so important. eyes to the sky and may it be peaceful.

Bev in Alberta
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: 06-Dec-13, 02:32:07 PM »

As a watcher for many years at this site and from the ground at my own, I know how stressful it was for the people on the ground yesterday and the day before. And for those of us waiting for your word, it was gut wrenching.  scared blue

I thank-you all so much for being so dedicated and unbiased.  clap :clap:We all hope for the best and in our hearts have our favorites , but we always hope for not harm to anyone. You displayed that yesterday.  wub2

We know that these things will be occurring more and more but your eyes are so important. eyes to the sky and may it be peaceful.

Bev in Alberta

Well said Bev!  thumbsup

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: 06-Dec-13, 02:36:57 PM »

Bev in Alberta

What she said, I could never be so eloquent  thumbsup
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: 06-Dec-13, 03:11:06 PM »

Bev in Alberta

Beautifully said, Bev.  heart

amytraveler
Eyas

Like Count: 7

View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: 06-Dec-13, 03:41:24 PM »

Me too!  You watchers are amazing! bow

Jeannine
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: 06-Dec-13, 06:21:59 PM »

Bev, thank you so much for your thoughtful post-I appreciate it very much. We're all here on this forum because we love falcons and nature-if we don't love ALL of them we shouldn't be a member or watcher.  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
amytraveler
Eyas

Like Count: 7

View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: 06-Dec-13, 06:38:16 PM »

Absolutely MAK, I have often felt badly for a Pigott, I'm sure she wants a family and she has no place to make a scrape.  As far as DC, he has two nest genes and is trying to do his best.  I just pray they are all safe.

Jeannine
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: 06-Dec-13, 08:21:53 PM »

well said, Bev! I so appreciate the watchers being out-- such a stressful time but so important to have folks out watching.

I really wonder if the nicer weather seemed to signal "spring" to Pigott, if it was her that was battling Beauty.  Thankfully, it was calmer today but it was also colder weather. 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
falconwatcher2004
Big Clutch

Like Count: 2

View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: 06-Dec-13, 08:35:39 PM »

I have always felt sorry for Pigott and wish somehow, someway a nest box could be erected on the building she has chosen to call home!  Is this possible at all?  Thanks to each and every watcher out there!  You all are amazing!
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: 06-Dec-13, 10:45:18 PM »

I have always felt sorry for Pigott and wish somehow, someway a nest box could be erected on the building she has chosen to call home!  Is this possible at all?  Thanks to each and every watcher out there!  You all are amazing!

The DEC will not encourage falcons to nest there by putting a nest box up. It's a dangerous place with all the vagrants and vandals that break in since it's an abandoned building. They want to discourage the birds. That's what was told to me by DEC biologist Jenny Landry when I ran into her there as they were boarding up the broken window scrape that Pigott and DC were using.  2thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: