THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 08:43:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 215   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Pictures from the Rfalconcam Cameras  (Read 1196773 times)
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 22-Mar-13, 03:32:40 PM »

Beauty at nest with prey!
Cache
I can chat on social stream during the day, but I can follow!  Thank you so much - all you downtown window people!   It's a front row seat to a drama that I hope has a happy ending.   
This is getting weird, though.  Beauty knows..."the way to a man's heart..."  you can finish it on your own
 Grin
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #436 on: 22-Mar-13, 05:58:49 PM »

She is leaving treats for him?  Sounds backwards to me.  Were there fewer swoops this morning?  Seemed like it, but Mak may have not been there as long.  How do we get birdgirl's tweets here under twitter?

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #437 on: 22-Mar-13, 08:28:33 PM »

How do we get birdgirl's tweets here under twitter?

Ustream Social Stream messages cannot be put the Forum's Twitter topic.
Bonnie
Tiercel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #438 on: 22-Mar-13, 08:31:00 PM »

Oh, ok.  Maybe she can reply on our twitter.

William Blake
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 22-Mar-13, 09:51:04 PM »

After Mark saw 4 falcons flying off to the NE, circling each other, they disappeared from his view. We all waited on chat for at least DC and Beauty to arrive back. It was over a half hour when DC  arrived first and went up to the NE wing. A few minutes later, Beauty showed up with prey.  confused

To "OUR" surprise, she didn't eat it, she cached it next to the main cam.

By this time, we didn't know if DC gifted that to her or was she baiting him to come down and snatch it.

So back to the box Beauty went.
All was quiet for about an hour, with Beauty looking up at DC, not making any sounds, she did a little scraping to bide her time. By this time Carol was on her watch.

Beauty decided to leave the nest, she hopped up to cam 4 then down and out.

Well it didn't take DC long to swoop down, grab that cache and fly off with it.
It happened so fast, the cams didn't catch it. After that Carol can tell her events along with the others!
It was strange there for a while.  surprise

Thanks to MARK, Birdgirl, (Katie) and Patsy for their awesome accounts of what was going on out there. The buildings DO have eyes!  clap notworthy

Bonnie
Tiercel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #440 on: 22-Mar-13, 10:03:23 PM »

I thought I saw DC fly off with the prey on the archives.

William Blake
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 22-Mar-13, 10:21:56 PM »

Bonnie, did you see him on the Live cam or the stills? My Ustream was frozen just at that moment when he took it. Couldn't find any pics in the stills.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 22-Mar-13, 10:38:10 PM »

Bonnie, did you see him on the Live cam or the stills? My Ustream was frozen just at that moment when he took it. Couldn't find any pics in the stills.

At the 16:25 mark on cam 1, I see a Falcon flying just above the porch area. Could be him?  I remember Beauty would cache food last year by the main cam, in case Orion needed something during the night.  Maybe she wanted a quick snack in case she was trapped by DC and couldn't get any food and foolishly thought he wouldn't see it?  I don't think DC is in the food gift stage yet. My opinion...

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 22-Mar-13, 10:45:10 PM »

At the 16:25 mark on cam 1, I see a Falcon flying just above the porch area. Could be him?  I remember Beauty would cache food last year by the main cam, in case Orion needed something during the night.  Maybe she wanted a quick snack in case she was trapped by DC and couldn't get any food and foolishly thought he wouldn't see it?  I don't think DC is in the food gift stage yet. My opinion...

Maybe B brought it for him but he just wouldn't come down to get it until she left, then he snatched it! Peace offering? Jeez, who knows!

margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 22-Mar-13, 10:48:13 PM »

After Mark saw 4 falcons flying off to the NE, circling each other, they disappeared from his view. We all waited on chat for at least DC and Beauty to arrive back. It was over a half hour when DC  arrived first and went up to the NE wing. A few minutes later, Beauty showed up with prey.  confused

By this time, we didn't know if DC gifted that to her or was she baiting him to come down and snatch it.

All was quiet for about an hour, with Beauty looking up at DC, not making any sounds, she did a little scraping to bide her time. By this time Carol was on her watch.

It happened so fast, the cams didn't catch it. After that Carol can tell her events along with the others!

Thanks to MARK, Birdgirl, (Katie) and Patsy for their awesome accounts of what was going on out there. The buildings DO have eyes!  clap notworthy

Thank you, Donna, for a great recap in pics and words of what was happening this afternoon.  Still don't understand it, but B is a smart cookie, and DC   better get his act together...just sayin'.  Thank you!
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 22-Mar-13, 10:49:43 PM »

Maybe B brought it for him but he just wouldn't come down to get it until she left, then he snatched it! Peace offering? Jeez, who knows!

Don't know but would think she's smarter than that!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 22-Mar-13, 10:53:39 PM »

Thank you, Donna, for a great recap in pics and words of what was happening this afternoon.  Still don't understand it, but B is a smart cookie, and DC   better get his act together...just sayin'.  Thank you!

Margaret, we didn't understand it either. Very confusing late afternoon! 

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #447 on: 22-Mar-13, 10:55:47 PM »

At the 16:25 mark on cam 1, I see a Falcon flying just above the porch area. Could be him?  I remember Beauty would cache food last year by the main cam, in case Orion needed something during the night.  Maybe she wanted a quick snack in case she was trapped by DC and couldn't get any food and foolishly thought he wouldn't see it?  I don't think DC is in the food gift stage yet. My opinion...

I agree that it was some kind of offering. He was already perched above her when she brought the prey to the platform, and she was e-chupping the entire time until she finished caching it. It seemed like she was trying to grab his attention.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 22-Mar-13, 11:18:12 PM »

At the 16:25 mark on cam 1, I see a Falcon flying just above the porch area. Could be him?  I remember Beauty would cache food last year by the main cam, in case Orion needed something during the night.  Maybe she wanted a quick snack in case she was trapped by DC and couldn't get any food and foolishly thought he wouldn't see it?  I don't think DC is in the food gift stage yet. My opinion...

I agree that it was some kind of offering. He was already perched above her when she brought the prey to the platform, and she was e-chupping the entire time until she finished caching it. It seemed like she was trying to grab his attention.

Plus, she didn't leave with it.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 22-Mar-13, 11:28:42 PM »

Thanks, Donna, for the excellent photos and recap.  I also think it was an offering from Beauty.  She seemed quite relaxed as she waited for DC to take it, even dozing occasionally, with one eye open, of course.  Whatever it was, it sure was fun to watch.  And it sure beat all that swooping!

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 215   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: