THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 04:30:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 215   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Pictures from the Rfalconcam Cameras  (Read 1196008 times)
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #480 on: 26-Mar-13, 07:54:54 AM »

Could someone fill me in... So it looks like DC is "The Only Tiercel in Town", right? Which seems to indicate that he will be doing the biz (or trying to) for both Beauty and Pigott. Is this right?

DC is currently splitting his time between and Beauty and Pigott. No other tiercels are being observed making regular visits to either location. However, the situation could change at any time.
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 26-Mar-13, 07:55:46 AM »

Could someone fill me in... So it looks like DC is "The Only Tiercel in Town", right? Which seems to indicate that he will be doing the biz (or trying to) for both Beauty and Pigott. Is this right?

Oh, he's got them both and yes, you are correct!

Thanks, Donna. Watching closely to see how this all plays out. Too bad (?) that UT did not stick around. I was wondering whether his disappearance at the time when DC showed up was no coincidence.
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 26-Mar-13, 07:56:54 AM »

DC is currently splitting his time between and Beauty and Pigott. No other tiercels are being observed making regular visits to either location. However, the situation could change at any time.

Thanks, Shaky.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 26-Mar-13, 09:19:00 AM »

So waiting for DC to come to the nest. I want to see if he still chirps!!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 26-Mar-13, 09:31:48 AM »

I thought the course of events were: migrator returns, courts female by offering her gifts of food, bonding at the nest site and flying displays.  If she accepts him, knowing he is strong and a good provider, then she mates with him. DC swoops on her for days, no offers of food that we are aware of, no nest bonding but yet she mates with him.  What's wrong with this picture?  confused

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #485 on: 26-Mar-13, 12:15:53 PM »

I thought the course of events were: migrator returns, courts female by offering her gifts of food, bonding at the nest site and flying displays.  If she accepts him, knowing he is strong and a good provider, then she mates with him. DC swoops on her for days, no offers of food that we are aware of, no nest bonding but yet she mates with him.  What's wrong with this picture?  confused

Perhaps the initial assumptions are what's wrong.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #486 on: 26-Mar-13, 12:16:20 PM »

DC and B with prey

I didn't see when they arrived. Did anyone notice which one brought in the prey?
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #487 on: 26-Mar-13, 12:21:59 PM »

Kind of looks like B brought the prey, but can't tell for sure.  I checked Cams 3 and 4.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 26-Mar-13, 12:28:17 PM »

I thought the course of events were: migrator returns, courts female by offering her gifts of food, bonding at the nest site and flying displays.  If she accepts him, knowing he is strong and a good provider, then she mates with him. DC swoops on her for days, no offers of food that we are aware of, no nest bonding but yet she mates with him.  What's wrong with this picture?  confused

Guess Beauty and DC didn't read the manual.

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #489 on: 26-Mar-13, 12:43:57 PM »

Read the falcon manual!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 26-Mar-13, 02:00:13 PM »

I was out hiking, missed it all, shoot!! Hey, DC is at the nest, one step closer!  clap

B on deck

margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 26-Mar-13, 03:03:07 PM »

I thought the course of events were: migrator returns, courts female by offering her gifts of food, bonding at the nest site and flying displays.  If she accepts him, knowing he is strong and a good provider, then she mates with him. DC swoops on her for days, no offers of food that we are aware of, no nest bonding but yet she mates with him.  What's wrong with this picture?  confused

Beauty and DC are too busy re-writing the falcon manual!   Perhaps Doc. ca needs to know that SHE is strong and a good provider.  She wasn't in great shape last  year when she came back from rehab, and then Unity - his bonded mate for a short time - disappeared.  

« Last Edit: 26-Mar-13, 04:17:04 PM by Shaky » Logged
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 26-Mar-13, 06:06:09 PM »

also remember he did bow to her when he first got back...she didn't bow back. I think she liked UT better.

DC wants nest box for himself and Pigott, Beauty has nest box, but wants babies. I wonder if when the watchers saw two of the same size battling if it was Pigott and Beauty, and Pigott isn't strong enough to take B. so B & DC are making the best of the situation. NO male can get past DC and P can't evict B so he is keeping the territory by being with B.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 26-Mar-13, 06:28:36 PM »

also remember he did bow to her when he first got back...she didn't bow back. I think she liked UT better.

DC wants nest box for himself and Pigott, Beauty has nest box, but wants babies. I wonder if when the watchers saw two of the same size battling if it was Pigott and Beauty, and Pigott isn't strong enough to take B. so B & DC are making the best of the situation. NO male can get past DC and P can't evict B so he is keeping the territory by being with B.

That about sums it up BC!  Roll Eyes

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 27-Mar-13, 06:45:47 AM »

He's there above

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 215   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: