THE FORUM

28-Apr-24, 01:44:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1420739 times)
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: 01-Jun-10, 07:43:45 PM »

BigFrank has a video of the banding!

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=23ichz6&s=6

I love Carol P. talking to the eyas..."I named your Momma!"

Hahahaha!   That was a private conversation between me and Legacy.   laugh

I also showed him the picture of his momma on my T-Shirt as a fledgling.   happy

That was sweet, Carol!!!  I heard you tell him that you also know his grandma!!!  He has to know the full extent of his legacy happy
« Last Edit: 01-Jun-10, 09:18:47 PM by jeanne » Logged

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 01-Jun-10, 09:09:35 PM »

Great banding video and loved Carol talking to Legacy about his Grandma and his Mama  wub2
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 05-Jun-10, 09:17:37 AM »

Linda Woods Reports (on the CPF site):

These images taken this morning and this afternoon.  Good time for a morning nap by the stand pipe, and since that was good this morning, it was good enough for this afternoon.  Today the oldest is 36 days of age and should be ready for it’s first flight any day.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 06-Jun-10, 09:54:57 AM »

First Fledge!

June 05, 2010 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:

Toronto Sheraton Centre has had their first fledge of the season. Star took flight sometime early this morning, Unfortunately it was only seen by his siblings.  Numerous sweeps of the area throughout the day and at 8p.m. there was still no indication as to where this little guy has flown.  The adults were not  giving up any secrets either. Food went to the ledge this evening at 7p.m. Legacy had his fill and even a second helping. Lorenzo was content not to partake of the evening meal and kept to himself at the other end of the ledge. Lots of flapping by Lorenzo and looks like he’ll be the next to take flight.

!!! First to Fledge, “Star” - Still missing.
June 06, 2010 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Mark Nash Reports:

A quick check of the nest ledge early this moring still has little Lorenzo and Legacy on the nest ledge. Heavy rains and wind last night made for a very wet, blustery and cold night and still its around 11 degrees calceus this morning. In comparison to the hot humid weather that we’ve had over the past day, it’s actually very cool!

The search is on to locate ”Star”, the first to peregrine to fledge this season. What a heck of a night to spend your first night away from home!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 06-Jun-10, 10:10:45 AM »

Just got word that Watchers Zoe and Big Frank will be joining Linda today to search for Scribe-Star.  Let's hope for the best.  I really hate those premature fledges!  Wish I lived closer.   Sad

Peregrines know no borders.....
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 06-Jun-10, 11:24:56 AM »

Keeping my talons crossed.  Fledglings from this nest have wound up in the strangest places over the years.  I think it was one of Wind's juvies that went down an air conditioning duct and had to be rescued from inside the building.  And, of course, Lily trying to take the bus to Buffalo  rofl

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 06-Jun-10, 12:42:27 PM »

I just read this report

STAR HAS BEEN FOUND
June 06, 2010 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:
GOOD NEWS!

Star, the missing fledgling has been found! Not too far from home either.
Harry, one of the dedicated volunteers found him a short time ago sitting on the one of the window ledges directly across from the Hotel on Richmond St.
Thanks Harry!  and everyone else that came out in the rain to once again search the area.
Al-tho, not the height of the 43 floors of the Sheraton Hotel, he is still 14 stories above street level.
This building that Star is resting on, is vacant and ready for major renovation. It’s an older building with very deep window ledges that wrap the entire building. That is a blessing,as the bird can walk the entire diameter, sheltering it’self from the intense sun we had yesterday, as well as the wind and rain from last night.
Rhea Mae and Tiago have Star in sight  and it appears that Star has a bit of a crop, so he may have had a meal.
This also explains the position Rhea Mae was last evening, cleaning prey. Direct sight line for Star.
Legacy should be the next to fly. Very little down can be seen under his wings and lots of flapping and running of the ledge yesterday.

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 06-Jun-10, 01:15:59 PM »

Thank goodness.  First fledges-- especially in wild weather- are just unnerving.

Anatole France
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 06-Jun-10, 02:38:18 PM »

Excellent news!  Thanks for posting it Annette.  Glad to see that other Watchers joined Linda to find the wayward young fledgling.   clap thumbsup 2thumbsup

Peregrines know no borders.....
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 06-Jun-10, 03:16:53 PM »

clap     good news    happy

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 06-Jun-10, 03:18:32 PM »

clap     good news    happy

I'll say, the little devil.  devil

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 06-Jun-10, 03:32:35 PM »

Linda is a falcon whisperer!!!

Anatole France
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 07-Jun-10, 05:08:33 PM »

I wrote to Linda & Frank thanking them for sharing the news of Scribe-Star.  I mentioned that the three Cleveland Terminal Tower ledglings were also blown off their ledge on Sunday morning.  All were found and placed back at home base.

Here is a Frank's message and a video.  You'll enjoy seeing how Rhea Mae and Tiago are good parents. 

From Big Frank -

"Glad you enjoyed the video,and that all of the chicks that got blown around were OK. I wondered how the many sites around the areas of the storms made out. Here is a video clip of Star where he landed. It's a short not so upclose view, but it tells the story of the day well.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2dbpgsi&s=6 

Please feel free to pass this around or post as you see fit. I havent posted this one to the CPF site as the quality isnt so great but I dont mind it being shared at all.

Doing a quick count this morning CPF is following 22 chicks with a few more sites to have possible hatches still. So far Star at the Sheraton is the only one to fledge.  Frank"

~Joyce
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 07-Jun-10, 06:13:56 PM »

Thanks Joyce for posting and thanks Big Frank for taping the video. clap

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 07-Jun-10, 10:25:31 PM »

Cool video...thanks Frank. Glad he's fine.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: