THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 06:46:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 214 215 [216] 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1409668 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #3225 on: 05-Mar-18, 11:26:11 AM »

11.25 Just had two on ledge.  Male was at far end for like 2 seconds he peeked in and then took off!

Edit to add:  Blew up the photo and cropped - he's too far down to get a clear view but for what it's worth here he is.
« Last Edit: 05-Mar-18, 11:34:09 AM by carly » Logged
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: 06-Mar-18, 06:18:04 AM »

I'm heartbroken by this news, no more RM & Tiago? I know shtuff happens but WOW........both? Hate when cities have more than enough buildings but just need to squeeze in a few more......I call that GREED!!!! Sad

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: 06-Mar-18, 09:13:05 AM »

I'm heartbroken by this news, no more RM & Tiago? I know shtuff happens but WOW........both? Hate when cities have more than enough buildings but just need to squeeze in a few more......I call that GREED!!!! Sad

I agree with you on everything you said, Donna.  It’s heartbreaking that we can no longer watch RM & T, after all these years...I just hope they’re safe and still together.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: 06-Mar-18, 12:09:06 PM »

Me too Donna. Especially when they have to redo the exterior of the building across the street and replace it with a mirrored surface. Death sentence for young fledglings. Maybe Rhea Mae and Tiago left because they knew the area was unsafe for their young. I keep hoping they'll show up somewhere together.  Sad

Peregrines know no borders.....
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: 07-Mar-18, 01:35:07 PM »

It's heartbreaking.  I hope they are safe somewhere.  With all the publicity about mirrored surfaces, what would possess these people to do another

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: 12-Mar-18, 10:23:21 AM »

Falcon currently on the nest ledge. 10:22 am

Gone at 10:24 am.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: 16-Mar-18, 11:55:12 AM »

Got the male on ledge just now.  I can't see what's on his legs when I blow it up but he looks like Stormin to me?  I've sent the photos off to Linda for her opinion.  He was on the ledge twice already today so we'll get him yet.
« Last Edit: 16-Mar-18, 12:51:12 PM by carly » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: 16-Mar-18, 03:56:23 PM »

Home now and trying to edit the photos and I can't see any bands on this male no matter how I manipulate the photos.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: 18-Mar-18, 10:15:40 PM »

Peregrine currently on the nest ledge in the dark. 10:13 pm.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: 30-Mar-18, 04:49:49 PM »

From CPF Facebook (by Linda):

Toronto Sheraton March 30

A quick visit to the Sheraton to check the ledge and ready for the upcoming nesting season. When I arrived the male was in view. I saw the female flying around the BMO tower and Scotia Tower. When the female arrived I was able to confirm that she is unbanded. I have named her "Chaos". I think appropriately.

The male then moved and I was able to see his bands in a quick glimpse and can amost say for certain it is no longer Tiago, but Stormin from King St. site. I didn't stay much longer as I did not want to be discovered. The new female is very active and always on the move.. I am sure she patrols the downtown neighbourhood, and i'm sure she is the one I see sitting on top of the Scotia Tower looking over her new empire.
« Last Edit: 30-Mar-18, 05:04:39 PM by carly » Logged
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: 30-Mar-18, 05:42:49 PM »

From CPF Facebook (by Linda):

Toronto Sheraton March 30

A quick visit to the Sheraton to check the ledge and ready for the upcoming nesting season. When I arrived the male was in view. I saw the female flying around the BMO tower and Scotia Tower. When the female arrived I was able to confirm that she is unbanded. I have named her "Chaos". I think appropriately.

The male then moved and I was able to see his bands in a quick glimpse and can amost say for certain it is no longer Tiago, but Stormin from King St. site. I didn't stay much longer as I did not want to be discovered. The new female is very active and always on the move.. I am sure she patrols the downtown neighbourhood, and i'm sure she is the one I see sitting on top of the Scotia Tower looking over her new empire.

If Tiago & RM were to be replaced, I’m glad it’s Stormin that’s there.  I’m hoping he has some babies this year after being so dedicated to Erin in her final years.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: 30-Mar-18, 07:23:39 PM »

I feel the same way Kris. I'm so glad that Linda was able to positively ID Stormin as Chaos' mate. We may never know what happened to Rhea Mae and Tiago. It's bittersweet that their son has replaced them. I hope and pray that Rhea Mae and Tiago are together somewhere and safe.  heart

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: 30-Mar-18, 08:51:20 PM »

I feel the same way Kris. I'm so glad that Linda was able to positively ID Stormin as Chaos' mate. We may never know what happened to Rhea Mae and Tiago. It's bittersweet that their son has replaced them. I hope and pray that Rhea Mae and Tiago are together somewhere and safe.  heart

I really feel that they’re together, enjoying their retirement, after a job well done. ❤️❤️

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: 30-Mar-18, 08:53:00 PM »

I really feel that they’re together, enjoying their retirement, after a job well done. ❤️❤️

I agree, I think they are together somewhere.  happy 
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: 24-Mar-22, 03:04:40 PM »

Breaking news!

Barb just asked me to ID a falcon spotted in Michigan - it's Rhea Mae and Tiago's daughter from 2015 - Sandy!! Hopefully she will post something to the Michigan page soon!
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 214 215 [216] 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: