THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 07:20:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buffalo Falcon News 2013  (Read 110550 times)
~Sage~
Juvie

Like Count: 38

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: 09-Aug-13, 04:24:12 PM »

So is it also possible that the eyasses have different male parents?

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 09-Aug-13, 05:04:51 PM »

We don't think so. One of my off season projects is to look carefully at the lineage. We have a theory Madame X may be the one passing along a blue/pale footed gene. Dot.ca has Madame X somewhere in his lineage...I can't recall the details right now. Might be his father Jack is the son of an offspring of Madame X & a prior mate. Stay tuned.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 09-Aug-13, 08:41:59 PM »

Peregrine Falcons Southeast Michigan shared ~Peregrine Place~'s album: BB's Release August 1, 2013.
Great news from New York! BB was banded in Detroit in 2007 and was the first female to nest at the University of Buffalo. From Joyce:

WONDERFUL NEWS!! "BB" our former MacKay Tower female at UB was released to the wild a week ago. She was transported to Northern NY in hopes that she will get a second chance in life as free peregrine, and meet up with one of the several tiercels known to be in the area.

As migration approaches she may be wandering many areas. As we know, peregrines know no borders. There is always the possibility of "BB" returning to the Buffalo area or even heading to Canada....

See photo album BB's Release August 1, 2013.

The wildlife rehabilitator has asked to be notified if "BB" N/58 (black over green) ID band is spotted and where she has been sighted. Please post any sightings here or contact Joyce at wnyfalconfan@gmail.com.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.654632141214388.1073741857.182371738440433&type=1 BB's release photos

Glad she was released, she didn't need to be caged up!!   2thumbsup

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 09-Aug-13, 08:53:39 PM »

"Glad she was released, she didn't need to be caged up!! "

Totally agree!  yes

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 09-Aug-13, 09:06:26 PM »

WONDERFUL NEWS for BB!!

I was just getting ready to post the news here...but Donna beat me to it.

I was so excited to receive a call from the wildlife rehabilitator who cared for "BB" the former MacKay Tower female at UB. She commented, "It was truly a privilege to care for BB. She was a good patient and her release was the highlight of my summer."

Here are the photos of BB's release I put into a Picasa Album that were shared with me by the wildlife rehabilitator:
https://picasaweb.google.com/103506887401231004704/BBN58ReleaseAUG12013

If BB is spotted (ID band N/58 black over green), sightings can be posted on https://www.facebook.com/PeregrinePlaceWNY or contact Joyce at wnyfalconfan@gmail.com.

I am so happy that BB has been released after the UB Reporter said she would be relocated to a permanent care facility. clap  yahoo  clap
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 09-Aug-13, 09:22:16 PM »

I'm glad they did the right thing - she is a wild bird and deserves to be free.   clap   yahoo
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 09-Aug-13, 10:00:00 PM »

Excellent news!  I'm so happy for BB-flying free once again!  clap

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 09-Aug-13, 10:02:42 PM »

I was just getting ready to post the news here...but Donna beat me to it.
Oops, sorry! Saw it on FB but not here, I waited!!
« Last Edit: 09-Aug-13, 10:09:37 PM by Donna » Logged

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 09-Aug-13, 10:12:16 PM »

We don't think so. One of my off season projects is to look carefully at the lineage. We have a theory Madame X may be the one passing along a blue/pale footed gene. Dot.ca has Madame X somewhere in his lineage...I can't recall the details right now. Might be his father Jack is the son of an offspring of Madame X & a prior mate. Stay tuned.

Carly posted this previously:

Good write up kitty...you know Dundas and DotCa are related.  Dundas was Madame X's son and DotCa's dad was Madame X's son...sooooo a family gene?!  (MadameX had different mates in at the time so I'd say the gene is in her line not the males if this is indeed the case)

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 10-Aug-13, 10:28:21 AM »

So Rosetta gets the blue feet from her great-grannie, Madame X.  Cool!

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 11-Aug-13, 12:50:02 PM »

Just read the news about BB being released. I am so happy for her; she deserves to be free. I wish her a new home, a new mate, and a long life with many more chicks.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 11-Aug-13, 01:19:26 PM »

I wonder what they did to her in rehab that they decided she could be released-behavior modification???

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 11-Aug-13, 01:31:20 PM »

I wonder what they did to her in rehab that they decided she could be released-behavior modification???

I think they're trying WAY far away release hoping she won't head for Buffalo. Or will find a place to her liking before she finds her way back.

Mariah & Beauty were both released at Montezuma which is barely any distance at all.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 11-Aug-13, 02:08:27 PM »

I think they're trying WAY far away release hoping she won't head for Buffalo. Or will find a place to her liking before she finds her way back.

Mariah & Beauty were both released at Montezuma which is barely any distance at all.
also hasn't she already been replaced? probably hoping the new female can hold the territory and since its not breeding season no one will get hurt, and BB will find somewhere else.
~Sage~
Juvie

Like Count: 38

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: 11-Aug-13, 03:36:44 PM »

I HOPE HOPE HOPE she finds a great spot also that it is in a natural setting!

Dixie, the female who Yankee talked into staying at MacKay is a very big girl and I would not wish to see a territorial battle between the two!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: