THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 03:40:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Syracuse Falcons  (Read 142403 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 30-Mar-15, 07:28:57 AM »

According to the maintenance guy, she def has eggs, not sure how many!!

This is Pigott, eh?? (Note: "eh")
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 30-Mar-15, 07:38:52 AM »

According to the maintenance guy, she def has eggs, not sure how many!!

Have to wonder how the maintenance guy is seeing into the nest box?  Doesn't seem like you could see from inside the building.  But maybe he can. 

Peregrines know no borders.....
Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 30-Mar-15, 10:14:12 AM »

So Pigott is not missing after all. Good news!
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 21-Apr-15, 02:03:52 PM »

Cams are down and we may miss watching her raise her babies.

Unfortunately the cable connecting one the cameras appears to be disconnected, this may have been a result of the weather. We have contacted the DEC to help us reconfigure the cable but we may not be able to fix this unil the banding. Sorry.. Wish we could do more.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 21-Apr-15, 03:50:22 PM »

Unfortunately the cable connecting one the cameras appears to be disconnected, this may have been a result of the weather. We have contacted the DEC to help us reconfigure the cable but we may not be able to fix this unil the banding. Sorry.. Wish we could do more.

Sad

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: 21-Apr-15, 08:41:48 PM »

You can never have too many cameras.

Shaky
Department Manager
Department of Redundancy Department
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 23-Apr-15, 10:03:34 PM »

didn't you say that camera had potential problems because of the way it was mounted?
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 23-Apr-15, 10:13:55 PM »

didn't you say that camera had potential problems because of the way it was mounted?

They are going to raise the cam so we can see inside the box.

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: 24-Apr-15, 06:39:33 AM »

It was mounted too low to see the eggs in the box, but that had little or nothing to do with the cable issue.

Things break. It happens all the time. When you can't get near the broken parts to fix them, you need to have spares in place ready to take over their duties. Also, in the course of the nesting season, there is no single camera that can cover all the angles.

More cameras is better.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 24-Apr-15, 07:06:10 AM »

It was mounted too low to see the eggs in the box, but that had little or nothing to do with the cable issue.

Things break. It happens all the time. When you can't get near the broken parts to fix them, you need to have spares in place ready to take over their duties. Also, in the course of the nesting season, there is no single camera that can cover all the angles.

More cameras is better.

Like 5!!!!!!!!!   thumbsup

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 24-Apr-15, 07:38:36 AM »

More cameras is better.

Well, 6 if you count the night video cam. And let's not forget the one on the Power's building. I was thinking this morning looking at the view from cam 4 that in an absolute emergency Shaky could probably get a cam over there working to watch TS.  notworthy

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 24-Apr-15, 07:50:04 AM »

More cameras is better.

Well, 6 if you count the night video cam. And let's not forget the one on the Power's building. I was thinking this morning looking at the view from cam 4 that in an absolute emergency Shaky could probably get a cam over there working to watch TS.  notworthy

and when they're off the nest box cameras, all the watchers cameras take over!    flash

Peregrines know no borders.....
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: 24-Apr-15, 08:17:50 AM »

More cameras is better.

Like 5!!!!!!!!!   thumbsup

Well, 6 if you count the night video cam. And let's not forget the one on the Power's building. I was thinking this morning looking at the view from cam 4 that in an absolute emergency Shaky could probably get a cam over there working to watch TS.  notworthy

Our Powers Building cameras are no longer accessible. I lost contact with them last summer. It was around the time we got permission from DEC to remove the nest box so I didn't bother to troubleshoot the problem. Kenn has been tasked with removing the equipment since most of it belongs to him. When that is done, we will remove the nest box. This is the M&K box, which has historical value and probably should not be sitting out in the elements if it's not going to be used.

If i were going to set up another camera, I'd ask for a volunteer in the Aqueduct or First Federal Plaza buildings to host the camera.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 24-Apr-15, 08:28:17 AM »

Well, 6 if you count the night video cam. And let's not forget the one on the Power's building. I was thinking this morning looking at the view from cam 4 that in an absolute emergency Shaky could probably get a cam over there working to watch TS.  notworthy

Our Powers Building cameras are no longer accessible. I lost contact with them last summer. It was around the time we got permission from DEC to remove the nest box so I didn't bother to troubleshoot the problem. Kenn has been tasked with removing the equipment since most of it belongs to him. When that is done, we will remove the nest box. This is the M&K box, which has historical value and probably should not be sitting out in the elements if it's not going to be used.

If i were going to set up another camera, I'd ask for a volunteer in the Aqueduct or First Federal Plaza buildings to host the camera.

I knew they were off line-didn't know they were scheduled to come out, though it makes sense. The birds don't even visit the building.

Next on the agenda...Rochester Peregrine Museum!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: 24-Apr-15, 08:36:24 AM »

I knew they were off line-didn't know they were scheduled to come out, though it makes sense. The birds don't even visit the building.

Next on the agenda...Rochester Peregrine Museum!

I was thinking more along the lines of a shrine at The Church of M&K and Latter-day Poop Shots.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: