THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 05:30:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Syracuse Falcons  (Read 140211 times)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 24-Apr-15, 08:38:24 AM »

Well, 6 if you count the night video cam. And let's not forget the one on the Power's building. I was thinking this morning looking at the view from cam 4 that in an absolute emergency Shaky could probably get a cam over there working to watch TS.  notworthy

Our Powers Building cameras are no longer accessible. I lost contact with them last summer. It was around the time we got permission from DEC to remove the nest box so I didn't bother to troubleshoot the problem. Kenn has been tasked with removing the equipment since most of it belongs to him. When that is done, we will remove the nest box. This is the M&K box, which has historical value and probably should not be sitting out in the elements if it's not going to be used.

If i were going to set up another camera, I'd ask for a volunteer in the Aqueduct or First Federal Plaza buildings to host the camera.

I knew they were off line-didn't know they were scheduled to come out, though it makes sense. The birds don't even visit the building.

Next on the agenda...Rochester Peregrine Museum!

This is my dream.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 24-Apr-15, 08:51:25 AM »

I knew they were off line-didn't know they were scheduled to come out, though it makes sense. The birds don't even visit the building.

I was thinking more along the lines of a shrine at The Church of M&K and Latter-day Poop Shots.

If ever they take the netting down...but I suspect they'd move there in a heartbeat if that ever happened.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 24-Apr-15, 10:16:04 AM »

I was thinking more along the lines of a shrine at The Church of M&K and Latter-day Poop Shots.

It would be a tribute to ALL the Rochester Falcons; Mariah, Kaver, Cabot-Sirocco, Beauty, Dot.ca, Archer, Unity, Pigott and all the young falcons that hatched on the Kodak Tower and the Times Square Bldg.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 24-Apr-15, 10:30:24 AM »

It would be a tribute to ALL the Rochester Falcons; Mariah, Kaver, Cabot-Sirocco, Beauty, Dot.ca, Archer, Unity, Pigott and all the young falcons that hatched on the Kodak Tower and the Times Square Bldg.

and Orville would have a place of honor.    happy

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 24-Apr-15, 12:39:52 PM »

and Orville would have a place of honor.    happy

That would be sweet!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 13-May-15, 08:24:17 AM »

Congratulations george and pigott on 2 possibly 3 hatchlings!!!
Hatch date is still unknown.
I can audibly confirm 2 possibly 3 hatchlings.
I have will keep everyone updated the best I can.   clap

Michael Hollenberger

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 13-May-15, 12:00:53 PM »

2thumbsup yahoo

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 03-Jun-15, 10:32:20 AM »

Looks like it might be banding day here, someone just posted at BCAW that an umbrella has appeared on cam.  Hope they can fix the main cam too!
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 03-Jun-15, 10:51:32 AM »

Looks like it might be banding day here, someone just posted at BCAW that an umbrella has appeared on cam.  Hope they can fix the main cam too!

Hope so Carly.  Can't wait to hear how many eyases there are.   happy

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 03-Jun-15, 10:55:36 AM »

Just posted to their FB page:

The DEC HAS JUST FINISHED THE BANDING OF THE SYRACUSE EYASES! 2 females and 1 Male! I took photos of George and Piggot going nuts... Will post soon. Almost had the opportunity to photograph the banding, but they were done by he time one of the supers came down to see me. Camera is being repaired....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 03-Jun-15, 11:06:07 AM »

The DEC HAS JUST FINISHED THE BANDING OF THE SYRACUSE EYASES! 2 females and 1 Male! I took photos of George and Piggot going nuts... Will post soon. Almost had the opportunity to photograph the banding, but they were done by he time one of the supers came down to see me. Camera is being repaired....

I looked earlier on their FB page but saw nothing. Great to hear they finally got banded and camera will be fixed!  Thanks for posting!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 03-Jun-15, 11:07:13 AM »

yahoo

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 03-Jun-15, 11:19:30 AM »

The cam is up, babies on board!!!  yahoo yahoo
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 03-Jun-15, 11:25:02 AM »

This is awesome news!!!  heart heart heart

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 03-Jun-15, 11:29:44 AM »

This is wonderful news!!!!!   heart heart heart

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: