THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 06:56:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Falcon Watch Weekend - 2013 - July 13th and 14th  (Read 83011 times)
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 13-Jun-13, 09:25:54 PM »

I know this is not the correct place to post this question, but has a banding date been set yet?  

I hope they don't wait till the last minute to let us know when it is again this year.

The Canadian Peregrine Foundation website says, "If leg bands are being put on the chicks for identification purposes, this is usually done during their fourth week, when they are large enough that their legs are fully grown, but not yet old enough to consider flying away when the banders approach the nest." That's usually anywhere from 22-27 days old. That could mean anytime next week.  Unfortunately we haven't heard anything definite yet.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13-Jun-13, 09:52:48 PM »

I know this is not the correct place to post this question, but has a banding date been set yet?  

I hope they don't wait till the last minute to let us know when it is again this year.

The Canadian Peregrine Foundation website says, "If leg bands are being put on the chicks for identification purposes, this is usually done during their fourth week, when they are large enough that their legs are fully grown, but not yet old enough to consider flying away when the banders approach the nest." That's usually anywhere from 22-27 days old. That could mean anytime next week.  Unfortunately we haven't heard anything definite yet.

Does June Summers/DEC know the oldest eyas is 21 days old tomorrow? I hope it's not another rush job like last year for Orion's banding-no fanfare like M/K years.

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 13-Jun-13, 10:35:58 PM »

Does June Summers/DEC know the oldest eyas is 21 days old tomorrow?

I'm sure she does.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13-Jun-13, 10:50:01 PM »

Does June Summers/DEC know the oldest eyas is 21 days old tomorrow?

I'm sure she does.

Let's hope.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14-Jun-13, 09:01:12 AM »

I am so glad that I am able to simply walk by the windows at work and see these beautiful birds in person almost anytime.  And I am so excited to be able to be here for my first Watchers Weekend and to meet watchers from all around the country!  No prior commitments or company coming this time!   clap

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14-Jun-13, 10:50:34 AM »

yahoo yahoo yahoo yahoo yahoo

Lynne in New Hampshire
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 14-Jun-13, 11:09:42 AM »

I am so glad that I am able to simply walk by the windows at work and see these beautiful birds in person almost anytime.  And I am so excited to be able to be here for my first Watchers Weekend and to meet watchers from all around the country!  No prior commitments or company coming this time!   clap

Glad you are coming this year!  2thumbsup

glothom
Fledgling

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20-Jun-13, 07:16:41 PM »

I would love to attend this year on Saturday but I don't have a car to get there. I live in Greece (not far from Delta Sonic on Ridge Rd W) if anyone is able to give me a ride there and back I would be most appreciative!

glo...
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21-Jun-13, 08:13:46 PM »

I would love to attend this year on Saturday but I don't have a car to get there. I live in Greece (not far from Delta Sonic on Ridge Rd W) if anyone is able to give me a ride there and back I would be most appreciative!

I don't live near you but maybe someone else does.  Can anybody give Glothom a ride that Saturday?
I was also wondering what was going on that weekend as nothing has really been said.  In the past couple years, the only thing that I know of is Saturday-when people gather in the park, watch fledglings, eat, drink and talk. Is there anything else planned? What's happening on Sunday?
« Last Edit: 21-Jun-13, 08:41:23 PM by Kris G. » Logged

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21-Jun-13, 08:44:05 PM »

I was going to do some research over the weekend to see what else is going on...other than Corn Hill Festival, which I've heard of but have no idea what it's about.

And start a roll call of who's coming...

And who can bring what...

And ask if the merchandise committee has come up with anything...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21-Jun-13, 08:49:38 PM »

I would be happy to give you a ride Glo. What street do you live on? My brother lives off Bonesteel on Everett St.  Wink

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21-Jun-13, 08:52:29 PM »

I have to be on my way home Sunday as Monday I start house/pet sitting for my dad.  crying  I will probably come the Mon or Tues before!  2thumbsup

Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 22-Jun-13, 09:14:13 AM »

Looking forward to seeing everyone.  As I think has happened in the past, we just gather pretty informally and watch the falcons.  Yes, we do potluck breakfast.  Is Corn Hill a big craft festival kind of thing?  It is held in the Corn Hill area next to the falcon area.

http://cornhillartsfestival.com/

I'm bringing falcon toast.  With cream cheese spread.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings”
William Blake
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 22-Jun-13, 07:41:10 PM »

Strong Museum of Play...other side of the river near Xerox

Boardwalk Arcade
July 6 through September 8

Step right up! Celebrate arcade amusements in all their beeping, blipping, vibrant glory at Boardwalk Arcade, an original, new summertime exhibit at the National Museum of Play at The Strong. Step into a scene reminiscent of 19th- and early 20th-century seaside resorts such as Coney Island and Atlantic City.

Play skee ball, bean bag toss, and ring toss, and spin the wheel of fortune.
    Challenge yourself to Temple Run, Dizzy Chicken, Water Blast, and Quick and Crash;
    win tickets and redeem them for a prize.
    Pull the plunger and rack up scores on a bevy of pinball machines.
    Bring your camera! An oversized beach cut-out provides an unforgettable photo op.
    Visit the beach and dig into creative play with beach toys.
    Enjoy a rare chance to play Fix-It Felix Jr., custom-designed for the museum by Walt Disney    Animation Studios.
    See display cases of unusual collection items from The Strong’s renowned collections.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 22-Jun-13, 07:46:22 PM »

The 2013 Corn Hill Arts Festival is July 13th and 14th and will once again feature hundreds of artists, four stages of continuous live music and the Emerging Artists Expo. The Corn Hill Arts Festival is all volunteer run and is officially recognized as one of the top 200 festivals by Sunshine Artist Magazine. The 2013 Corn Hill Arts Festival has something for everyone, so come join us July 13th – 14th!

2013 Headliners include Herb Gross and The Invictas, The Mambo Kings, and Todd East. Gross and his band has amassed a national following. The Mambo Kings are acclaimed for their Afro-Cuban rhythms, and East is known for his smooth R&B vocals.

http://cornhillartsfestival.com/entertainment

The Corn Hill Neighbors Association is excited to announce that the Fairy Houses Tour will be coming to The 2013 Corn Hill Arts Festival July 13-14.

The Fairy Houses Tour is an exhibit of whimsical habitats crafted from natural materials for the fairies. Inspired by the popular Fairy Houses Series® of books by Tracy Kane, building fairy houses encourages kids of all ages to be creative and interact with nature.

The Tour—sponsored by KidsOutandAbout.com, WROC TV8, Fox Rochester, The National Museum of Play at The Strong, and Genesee Valley Parent—will mark the first Fairy Houses Tour in Rochester.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: