THE FORUM

19-Sep-24, 11:56:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 ... 278   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Pictures from the Rfalconcam cameras  (Read 1868956 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: 12-Apr-10, 10:14:35 PM »

Oh no, not another one of those nights Ei!!  hysterical

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: 12-Apr-10, 10:17:05 PM »

She looks a little transparent.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: 12-Apr-10, 10:38:35 PM »

Ok, now I'm seeing eggs that aren't there. I swear I thought this looked like a 3rd egg.....but not. She is still in Labor or whatever you call it in a Falcon.  Embarrassed I'm going egg-buggy.  star

ezsha
Tiercel

Like Count: 25

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: 12-Apr-10, 11:26:37 PM »

Ok, now I'm seeing eggs that aren't there. I swear I thought this looked like a 3rd egg.....but not. She is still in Labor or whatever you call it in a Falcon.  Embarrassed I'm going egg-buggy.  star

Fortunately, on cams 2 & 3, the eggs show up as vivid white at night (i think that's due to infrared)... it's just the main cam you have to really search for them...

on the main cam, when you are looking for an egg at night, don't look for an egg... i know that seems odd to say, but what shows up better is where the stone pattern isn't there anymore... the edges of each of the pebbles show up fairly well, and if there's a smooth patch, and it's not pf parts, it might be an egg...

i've attached a WIDE picture showing the lower portion of the nest box illustrating what i mean... slide the bar back and forth, and you should see lots of gravel, pf feet, and then two smooth spots with no gravel pattern (eggs)...

hope it helps... ezsha
« Last Edit: 12-Apr-10, 11:46:32 PM by ezsha » Logged
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: 13-Apr-10, 05:49:59 AM »

@ 5:19 am still only 2 eggs

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: 13-Apr-10, 05:54:51 AM »

Beauty spent most of the night outside the nest. 12:22am
5:24 she came back in nest

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: 13-Apr-10, 06:10:48 AM »

Morning, Donna! Boy, do you folks ever get up early over there! At this hour in Ireland, I am having a nice, toasty roll-over and lamenting the rising sounds of the Dawn Chorus - those birds have no manners!!! Have a good one, everyone - another egg maybe??? EGG-cellent! (I will stop this soon...)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #892 on: 13-Apr-10, 06:15:27 AM »

Morning, Donna! Boy, do you folks ever get up early over there! At this hour in Ireland, I am having a nice, toasty roll-over and lamenting the rising sounds of the Dawn Chorus - those birds have no manners!!! Have a good one, everyone - another egg maybe??? EGG-cellent! (I will stop this soon...)

Good afternoon Bobbie..I'm always up early and the birds here are just starting their morning rituals..it's a great sound. Having my coffee and waiting for B to lay her 3rd E, (which I thought would be a surprise when I woke up). Have a great day...oh and hows the new windows?  wave

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: 13-Apr-10, 06:36:10 AM »

Good afternoon Bobbie..I'm always up early and the birds here are just starting their morning rituals..it's a great sound. Having my coffee and waiting for B to lay her 3rd E, (which I thought would be a surprise when I woke up). Have a great day...oh and hows the new windows?  wave

I can always count on you, Donna! My aim, one of these days, is to be the Day's First Poster in the Forum. Alas, someone on the other side of the Pond is always up late and beats me to it. You reckon we will see another egg today? Sure hope B&A don't go (much?) beyond that... we want them to earn their wings on this first pairing, I would guess. Tho Archer does seem to be an excellent provider. I always view the entire process with awe. How lucky are we to be in their presence... and so intimately involved... little do they know!! They will on Banding Day, of course... which I assume will still take place, as in the Old Days...
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: 13-Apr-10, 06:48:16 AM »

What does everyone think? A third egg today?? When I saw Beauty in the nestbox early this morning, I thought we might be in luck... but there is no one home right now... except two shiny little eggs...
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #895 on: 13-Apr-10, 07:04:08 AM »

What does everyone think? A third egg today?? When I saw Beauty in the nestbox early this morning, I thought we might be in luck... but there is no one home right now... except two shiny little eggs...

Today is a great day for egg #3 Bobbie.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: 13-Apr-10, 07:06:28 AM »

I do believe there's a 3rd in the works...just not ready yet.  I'm thinking soon...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #897 on: 13-Apr-10, 07:53:13 AM »

Boy, that is one fluffy falcon!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: 13-Apr-10, 08:00:02 AM »

Pebble Pickin

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #899 on: 13-Apr-10, 08:41:15 AM »

Boy, that is one fluffy falcon!

Must be one o' them there porcu-grine falcons.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 ... 278   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: