THE FORUM

21-Sep-24, 01:09:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 ... 278   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Pictures from the Rfalconcam cameras  (Read 1871972 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2100 on: 06-Jun-10, 12:00:00 PM »

I guess the worst of the storm has passed...she let them out of the corner

rain   The worst of the rain has passed but it's quite breezy. We got between 1 and 2 inches of rain between 4 and 8 am.  Temp only around 60. Quite different from the warm and humid conditions we've had around here lately. wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: 06-Jun-10, 12:46:42 PM »

That was some feeding!  First one I've been able to watch live from start to finish!

Observations: 
Helga Jean is a little piggy.  She was grabbing for chunks before she had a chance to swallow the one before.

Junior sat back...whimpered a bit...snagged a bite or 2...but got his full share once Helga Jean was full.

Before she left, Beauty had a chat with the 2 of them while trying to feed them just one more bite.  Are you SURE you're full?  With this weather it might be a while before Dad catches anything else.  Last call. 

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: 06-Jun-10, 01:06:15 PM »

Now THAT was funny...

Beauty arrives with another snack...they're looking at her like WTF?

I don't think either one of them even opened their mouths

Ungrateful little whippersnappers!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: 06-Jun-10, 01:30:58 PM »

Another thing with live video...

Did you know falcons snore?  I don't know which one, but it's a soft honk & squeak sound

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: 06-Jun-10, 02:34:44 PM »

Actually Archer brought in a bit of prey and looked like he wanted to feed the eyases a 2nd time.  Beauty flew in, grabbed the food and Archer flew out.  Beauty checked to see if the eyases were interested and when they only ate a small portion, she ate the rest herself.  Poor Archer, he is trying.   happy

Peregrines know no borders.....
valhalla
« Reply #2105 on: 06-Jun-10, 02:50:05 PM »

That was some feeding!  First one I've been able to watch live from start to finish!

Observations: 
Helga Jean is a little piggy.  She was grabbing for chunks before she had a chance to swallow the one before.

Junior sat back...whimpered a bit...snagged a bite or 2...but got his full share once Helga Jean was full.

Before she left, Beauty had a chat with the 2 of them while trying to feed them just one more bite.  Are you SURE you're full?  With this weather it might be a while before Dad catches anything else.  Last call. 

Of course Helga Jean is a little piggy!   laugh
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: 06-Jun-10, 02:59:49 PM »

Actually Archer brought in a bit of prey and looked like he wanted to feed the eyases a 2nd time.  Beauty flew in, grabbed the food and Archer flew out.  Beauty checked to see if the eyases were interested and when they only ate a small portion, she ate the rest herself.  Poor Archer, he is trying.   happy

You know, I thought it was Archer.  Then when I went to the still cams to report here there was no sign of him, so I figured I had been mistaken.  Should have watched the tape!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: 06-Jun-10, 03:13:56 PM »

Observations: 

Of course Helga Jean is a little piggy!   laugh

Right on piglet!   harhar

-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: 06-Jun-10, 03:14:56 PM »

All the pics from today are great...I can't get much time on here but I read when I get a chance. Seems like a wet and wild day at the nest box. We have a Tornado warning...yeah ok. Dark here, rain on the way. Miss my own postings... I'll try and get back on later. BYE FOR NOW  wave

My how they've grown in a day!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: 06-Jun-10, 03:26:59 PM »

For anyone who may think that Archer isn't pulling his weight, the definitive answer to a lingering question...

Why isn't Archer feeding the babies?

Because Beauty won't let him!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: 06-Jun-10, 03:37:10 PM »

For anyone who may think that Archer isn't pulling his weight, the definitive answer to a lingering question...

Why isn't Archer feeding the babies?

Because Beauty won't let him!

I know. She sure likes to run the show! laugh

-John Burroughs
Aafke
Falcon

Like Count: 715

Kingfisher

View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: 06-Jun-10, 04:46:24 PM »

Feed the birds!!!!
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: 06-Jun-10, 06:31:27 PM »

The one headed fluffy falconlump!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: 06-Jun-10, 09:04:49 PM »

While the babies sure are cute, I noticed that Orville is now wearing a feather in his cap!

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: 06-Jun-10, 09:41:05 PM »

While the babies sure are cute, I noticed that Orville is now wearing a feather in his cap!

laugh 2funny hysterical

Peregrines know no borders.....
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 ... 278   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: