THE FORUM

20-Apr-24, 08:57:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New idea for top menu  (Read 38631 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 29-Jan-10, 11:49:04 AM »

Jeanne, it was a picture of Archer.

OMG.  At least I didn't think it was Mariah and it was a red tail.  (having done that - ahem- when looking at St. Ann's.   

I feel better actually that it wasn't Mariah though I am still  paperbag

Don't feel TOO  paperbag Jeanne...I thought it was Mariah too until I realized it was the new TS nestbox in the background. 

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29-Jan-10, 11:55:20 AM »

Ei, I think I can add a short delay before the menus drop down to prevent them from being triggered by a glancing touch. I'm not sure if there is anything I can do about them lingering too long after you move off them. It could be your computer or browser.

I'm sure the ghosting is the computer AND the browser...been getting nasty-grams from lots of websites lately that they don't support IE 6 anymore, but there isn't enough hard drive space to install anything else here at work.  I'm sure all will be well at home on that front, but I just wanted to note it in case anyone else has similar issues.  But a bit of a time lag would be nice if it can be done.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29-Jan-10, 12:02:58 PM »

I have the slowest PC and mine doesn't do that Ei...I tried to make that happen but all work fine.  

Donna, NOTHING is as slow as this work 'puter...it's a Dell optiplex vintage 1999...only reason it's still functioning is I know how to keep it clean.
« Last Edit: 29-Jan-10, 03:48:27 PM by Shaky » Logged

DianaR
Fluffball

Like Count: 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 29-Jan-10, 01:12:12 PM »

I like the drop-down - works fine on Firefox. I agree that it is a little too sensitive. I like to hover my cursor on something before it drops down rather than have a succession of drop-downs appear and disappear just because I'm moving my cursor past them. But I'd rather have that than not have the drop-downs at all.

(Note, Shaky, that this time I actually said something good about something on the forum, which is probably a first! Don't take it personally - I just find forums in general confusing. I once took a two-day training on journaling. They gave us a loose-leaf folder than contained six different places for different kinds of journal. I ended up not using it because I didn't know which to put where. Similar principle. It's just the way I think that doesn't fit the format.)

DianaR

DianaR
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29-Jan-10, 02:23:19 PM »

Jeanne, it was a picture of Archer.

OMG.  At least I didn't think it was Mariah and it was a red tail.  (having done that - ahem- when looking at St. Ann's.   

I feel better actually that it wasn't Mariah though I am still  paperbag

Don't feel TOO  paperbag Jeanne...I thought it was Mariah too until I realized it was the new TS nestbox in the background. 

Thanks, Ei happy  I didn't even notice that the nestbox was different!  Good heavens!  Attention to detail has never been my strength.   Grin

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29-Jan-10, 02:44:53 PM »

I have the slowest PC and mine doesn't do that Ei...I tried to make that happen but all work fine. 

Donna, NOTHING is as slow as this work 'puter...it's a Dell optiplex vintage 1999...only reason it's still functioning is I know how to keep it clean.

Hey, that's the same computer I'm working on right now.   happy
« Last Edit: 29-Jan-10, 03:49:12 PM by Shaky » Logged

Peregrines know no borders.....
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30-Jan-10, 08:41:22 PM »

Hey, that's the same computer I'm working on right now.   happy

I thought I jinxed it...went in to work today & it wouldn't start!  After some detective work I realized it was actually the super-duper fancy shiny brand new corporate server that went down! My old workhorse was actually fine.

(For those computer mavens wondering what a corporate server has to do with a computer not booting-it was stuck on running startup scripts, which are fed from the corporate server on every startup-supposed to "save" us from missing antivirus updates & such-but with the server down it was stuck waiting for an answer that would never come...)

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30-Jan-10, 08:47:55 PM »

Check out the archive button!  Shaky's archive viewer is embedded now!

COOL!

P.S. Shaky-I'm getting a 404 not found on the slide show archives

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30-Jan-10, 09:01:56 PM »

Check out the archive button!  Shaky's archive viewer is embedded now!

COOL!

Um...maybe I'm not seeing it.......but I'm not seeing it. Where did you get that pic from Ei?

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30-Jan-10, 09:05:51 PM »

Um...maybe I'm not seeing it.......but I'm not seeing it. Where did you get that pic from Ei?

Oh sheesh, I found it....NICE. Sorry.

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 30-Jan-10, 10:46:02 PM »

P.S. Shaky-I'm getting a 404 not found on the slide show archives

Yep, they're not there yet.
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 31-Jan-10, 02:19:36 AM »

Hi Donna,

I found it.
Look on forum menu: Archives -> Photo archive -> Archive viewer.
This is Shakys viewer.  Wink

Greetings
Annette

valhalla
« Reply #27 on: 01-Feb-10, 11:39:33 AM »

Janet, how long do you need to play with it?

I'd think a week would be good - I should have a good idea by Sunday, but I'm thinking of the members who have slower connections and the variety of browsers out there. 

Don't shoot me, please?  I'm not in love - a little busy, but I know the importance of keeping a site looking fresh.  Also, as long as the current info next to my picture of "Bart" stays there, I'm a happy camper.  It isn't a show-stopper and the back button and refresh always work. 
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 02-Feb-10, 12:32:36 PM »

Thanks, Janet. Just so you know, the menu change is not for looks. The Rfalconcam site currently has navigation issues. While all pages have a menu at the top, some pages also have a menu on the left side of the page while others don't because they don't have the room (like the forum for example). The left menu has links to every page, but the current top menu doesn't. This means that you can run into the old "you can't get there from here" scenario for some pages.

The new top menu does have links to every page including some new ones that are coming down the pike. This means you can quickly get to any page from any other page. It also means we won't need the left side menu anymore so we can use that space for other things like more and/or bigger pictures of the falcons.  
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 02-Feb-10, 12:40:34 PM »

And a tad too sensitive for my taste...they're dropping down with even a glancing touch of the cursor...one of my pet peeves on other sites.

I have added a short delay before the menus drop down. Quit and restart your web browser and then see if the menus work better for you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: