THE FORUM

16-Apr-24, 03:24:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New idea for top menu  (Read 38607 times)
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 16-Mar-10, 11:27:46 AM »

Home page...how much more home do we need than the Main Cam?   Wink

What if there were more than one Main cam?

What does the main camera picture say about Rfalconcam to first time visitors?

Does it give them a good idea of what Rfalconcam is all about?

Does it tell them what is going on?
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 16-Mar-10, 11:30:48 AM »

Just an fyi (and I don't even know if the pic will work-stupid work 'puter) on the Main Cam page here at work the buttons aren't showing up...IE 6.0, Win 2K, no flash player, limited java upgrades due to other program needs...etc., etc....

Anyway...I forgot to say the buttons do "show up" when I mouse over them...and the buttons are there on the forum page...

That's odd because the buttons are the same for all pages. If it works on the forum, it should work on the main cam page, imprints, history, etc. Have you tried rebooting?
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 16-Mar-10, 12:01:45 PM »

Home page...how much more home do we need than the Main Cam?   Wink

What if there were more than one Main cam?

What does the main camera picture say about Rfalconcam to first time visitors?

Does it give them a good idea of what Rfalconcam is all about?

Does it tell them what is going on?

All true...just saying... happy

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 16-Mar-10, 12:04:22 PM »

Anyway...I forgot to say the buttons do "show up" when I mouse over them...and the buttons are there on the forum page...

That's odd because the buttons are the same for all pages. If it works on the forum, it should work on the main cam page, imprints, history, etc. Have you tried rebooting?

Heavens no!   Shocked  Rebooting requires a minimum of 20 minutes...if I have 20 minutes to spare, I'd MUCH rather spend it here!  I'll let you know if anything changes when I start up in the morning.
« Last Edit: 16-Mar-10, 12:08:32 PM by Shaky » Logged

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 16-Mar-10, 12:12:10 PM »

The changes were made last night. If you started up the computer this morning, it should have gotten the latest version.

Don't you just love old computers?  stupid
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 17-Mar-10, 07:22:36 AM »

The changes were made last night. If you started up the computer this morning, it should have gotten the latest version.

Don't you just love old computers?  stupid

Hmmm...another oddity...your response didn't show up on my "unread posts" list 'til this morning...

Anyway, I actually don't mind this old thing for the stuff it's intended to do...it's the fun stuff that gets it twisted silly

Further investigation this morning...it's only on the pages with the graphics on the left (cams, donations, history) that the buttons vanish...the ones with the active main section all the way to the left (forum, imprints...) have all the buttons

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 17-Mar-10, 09:23:13 AM »

Further investigation this morning...it's only on the pages with the graphics on the left (cams, donations, history) that the buttons vanish...the ones with the active main section all the way to the left (forum, imprints...) have all the buttons

I did a little reading last night and found out that this is a known problem with IE6 and older versions. As long as you know how to work around it, I'm not going to try to figure out how to fix it. Hopefully you'll get a new computer at work someday.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 17-Mar-10, 09:43:45 AM »

I did a little reading last night and found out that this is a known problem with IE6 and older versions. As long as you know how to work around it, I'm not going to try to figure out how to fix it. Hopefully you'll get a new computer at work someday.

Sounds like a plan to me...they keep promising a new computer, but I'm not holding my breath... whistle

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 19-Mar-10, 06:59:03 AM »

Sounds like a plan to me...they keep promising a new computer, but I'm not holding my breath... whistle

Shaky-did you tweak something?  All the buttons are there in their proper places this morning...thanks!

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 19-Mar-10, 08:48:51 AM »

Yes, I tweaked something to make the menu work properly on The Scrape, one of our stores. I guess that also fixed the IE6 problem.

There is still one minor IE problem that I have yet to fix, but no one has complained about it.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 28-Mar-10, 04:10:00 PM »

I've modified the top menu and added the home page I mentioned earlier. Hopefully this will make the site a little friendlier to newcomers.
DianaR
Fluffball

Like Count: 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 28-Mar-10, 04:17:16 PM »

Good idea for the main menu - and thanks to you, Sahky, or whoever it was who fixed Camera #1.

DianaR
DianaR
Fluffball

Like Count: 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 28-Mar-10, 04:17:50 PM »

Oops - we do know that is intended to be Shaky, don't we!

DianaR
Mardean
Pipping

Like Count: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 28-Mar-10, 04:35:07 PM »

I like the "show unread posts" option under the Forum tab -- real handy. Thanks, Shaky.

Central New Hampshire
http://iowa2nh.blogspot.com/
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 28-Mar-10, 07:33:20 PM »

Nice page-feels a little cluttered to me, though (just my opinion)-maybe the frame could be widened a bit? 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: