THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 05:55:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest (2008) and Skye - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 314668 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 28-May-14, 11:54:54 PM »

Nice videos MAK, you guys had a blast!! Thanks!! They are all cute!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 28-May-14, 11:57:59 PM »

Nice videos MAK, you guys had a blast!! Thanks!! They are all cute!

Thanks D-there's more coming right up!  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 29-May-14, 12:01:38 AM »

As promised here are the rest of my videos from the Harlequin and Sunlife bandings!

http://youtu.be/zsZzUDxtRec
 http://youtu.be/HOmhBAKIla8
 http://youtu.be/qaSUigOw-Xo
 http://youtu.be/2ywaixowr_o
 http://youtu.be/h5EN495YVs0

-John Burroughs
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 29-May-14, 01:37:48 AM »

Now for the introduction set of pics for the Harlequin banding on 5-28-14. We start with our girl Quest!! More to come later-it's time for bed now!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AaN3DFm0ZMWqjhk

-John Burroughs
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 29-May-14, 06:08:48 AM »

The stars of the show at Harlequin banding. 2 boys and 2 girls named Stormy, Cosmo, Rainbow Dash and Hayes

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AaN3DFm0ZMWqjiK

-John Burroughs
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 29-May-14, 01:09:34 PM »

Here's the link for the rest of the Harlequin banding event-Skye, brother of Dot.Ca shows up at the end of the events with a full crop so I guess we know what he was doing the rest of the time. lol Much like his brother in that category (food) also with a very white chest and distinct heart shape on his auricular patch.

I will be posting pics from the Etobicoke/Sunlife Centre banding event where O'Connor and Jack (father of Skye and Dot.Ca) reside a bit later. Doing my best to take care of business and get these pics posted while getting other stuff done!  Grin

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AaN3DFm0ZMWqjio

-John Burroughs
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 29-May-14, 06:35:31 PM »

My last Shutterfly album that includes the Etobicoke/Sunlife Centre banding of Pierre(B), Skyla (G), Sunny(G) and the smallest and cutest Heaton (B). Also included are pics from the Burlington Bridge site which had its young falcons banded last Friday. Special thanks to Joyce for taking me to these places yesterday.  Wink

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AaN3DFm0ZMWqjjO

-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 02-Jun-14, 05:50:22 AM »

!!! Banding Day - 3 new hatchlings, 2 males and 2 females!
May 28, 2014 - Toronto - Don Mills
Marion Nash Reports:

Banding Day - May 28th - 2014
We would like to thank Harlequin once again for hosting the banding event this year of the young peregrine chicks produced at 220 Duncan Mill Rd nest site and all of their incredible support to both the CPF and the peregrines. This year we were joined by students from Bayview Glen School who were so excited to see the banding and meet the little young peregrine hatchlings.
A huge thank you to John Millar for going to the ledge to do the extraction (and return them), and to Donna and Christine for all of their efforts behind the scenes organizing. A big thank you to the 220 Duncan Mills tenants and board of directors for their support and allowing us to invade their facilities once again.
A huge thank you to Mark from the Aurora district of the MNR for coming in to band the hatchlings again this year.
There were 4 healthy babies all weighing in at a very healthy weight.

655 grams female 18 days old named Stormy
465 grams male 17 days old named Cosmo
710 grams female 18 days old named Rainbow-Dash
510 grams male 18 days old named Hayes
nwfloridafalconfan
Juvie

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 11-Jun-14, 09:39:34 AM »

The Great Escape
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 12-Jun-14, 12:03:07 PM »

They un-zoomed the camera but there's still a few feet to the right that isn't visible. But I coaught a bit of 3 of them!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 12-Jun-14, 06:06:06 PM »

Kids are having a ball running and flapping on the runway!!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 18-Jun-14, 07:22:49 AM »

!!! Little Cosmo and sibling gets blown off the ledge! Cosmo comes to the ground!!
June 17, 2014 - Toronto - Don Mills
Mark Nash Reports:

June 17th - 2014
Day two on the fledge watch.
For the most parts, I’m told that the large part of the day was a typical day on the fledge watch for the volunteers, much like watching paint dry. But, things can change very quickly as we all know, and that’s just what happened. With Environment Canada issuing severe thunderstorm warnings, heavy rain warnings with risk of flooding, high winds and risk of tornados, things were about to change for most of Ontario very very quickly!

Well, the weather man got it bang-on right this time, as that’s just what happened in Toronto (and many other parts of Ontario)! Just after 5 pm, the storm cells barrelled in and swept through southern Ontario.

With calls streaming in on my cell phone from Rudy in Kitchener Ontario on the Kitchener Waterloo peregrine fledge watch to Tracy out in Etobicoke at the Bloor & Islington peregrine fledge watch to Helena, Donna and Bob out at the Duncan Mills fledge watch, the severe weather caused all kinds of problems for both watchers and fledglings!!

The high winds swept in with torrential rain and heavy downpours that added to the challenges as two of the young Duncan Mills hatchlings ended up coming off the nest ledge!

Thank goodness to the quick response of the Duncan Mills fledge watch team as Little Cosmo - (yellow tape) was influenced by the severe weather and ended up on the ground out in front of the nest ledge at the base of the nest building moments before the torrential rain started.

A second sibling was also influenced by the gusty high winds and also ended up out of the nest ledge. It managed to grab hold of the concrete wall face and luckily ended up on a ledge directly below the nest ledge. * see photo attached.

Ping, one of the new fledge watchers jumped into action along with several other members of the fledge watch team managed to scoop up little Cosmo before he even realized what had happened! Bob later transferred him to a larger rescue carrier for safe keeping until I arrived on site to examine him and assess the situation.

As quick as the extreme weather moved in, it departed just a quickly, but only after leaving the GTA battered with downed trees, power outages, damaged buildings and cars as a result of blowing mail boxes and other debris having been blown around and flooding all over the city. By 7:00pm, the bad weather was all over (at least for us), and the dark clouds were quickly replaced with white fluffy clouds and much clearer skies.

Cosmo was carefully examined to ensure that he hadn’t suffered any injuries or trauma as a result of his premature departure and fall from the nest ledge, * see photos attached.

Based on the much improved weather conditions, clearing skies and his very healthy condition, I made the decision to get him back to the upper roof top of the nest building and to his parents care before darkness.

Cosmo was successfully released back to the nest building roof top without incident by 8pm. The release was supervised by Quest - (his mom) who was quick to fly in to voice her opinion of my presence on the rooftop during Cosmo’s release. By 9:30pm as darkness closed in, all three hatchlings were in view and knowing that little Cosmo was on the lower upper roof elevation surrounded by a four feet retaining wall, all was well and we closed the fledge watch down for the evening.

A huge thank you to the Berkley building management group and security for both assisting and facilitating the rescue and release this evening!!

Stay tuned, as its only just begun…………
Posted on June 18, 2014 6:45 am

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 18-Jun-14, 10:06:01 AM »

Awesome job CPF fledge watchers!  Thank goodness Cosmo was ok and is back with his parents and siblings.  Many thanks!   wave clap 2thumbsup

Peregrines know no borders.....
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 18-Jun-14, 03:09:44 PM »

phew  Nice job guys!  thumbsup

-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 19-Jun-14, 05:59:08 AM »

!! Fledge Watch day 3,, - Cosmo safe on the roof and little brother Hayes looses another floor!
June 18, 2014 - Toronto - Don Mills

Mark Nash Reports:

Wednesday June 18th - 2014
Quickly update as I was not here today, but received the updated highlights from Marion tonight. Sadly, I was not able to pick Marion up until after 11pm this evening as I was called to downtown Toronto after work tonight to assist Linda in the release of two of her fledglings that were rescued from the busy Toronto downtown sidewalks this morning from the Toronto Sheraton Hotel nest site. A long day again for all of us. A successful release by the way, with all four of the Toronto Sheraton hatchlings back on their nest ledge!

As for Little Cosmo at the Duncan Mills nest site, he was still on the lower roof top elevation by dark this evening and doing just fine. While he can’t be seen due to the high retaining wall that surrounds this lower roof elevation, Quest did come in with food on at least two occasions today and fed him, (food in, parent stays on the same room elevation for an extended period of time, then reappears without a full crop herself and no food in hand). Either Quest is suddenly shy about being seen eating in public, or she’s taking food into Cosmo :-) Quest also spent time throughout the day keeping a close eye on Cosmo from the same roof retaining wall.

Little Hayes lost yet another floor of height while involved in all of his ledge-hopping today, and despite both Sky’s and Quests teasing with food and screaming at him throughout the day, Hayes refused to fly,,, (preferring to run and ledge hop all day). As a result, Hayes was not fed today by either parent.

The two other siblings remained on the nest ledge all day, exercising their wings, running along the nest ledge and doing allot of resting.

By 11pm, all four hatchlings were present and accounted for.
Stay tuned……….

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: