THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 01:27:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest (2008) and Skye - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 314646 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 14-May-16, 06:40:17 AM »

There could be trouble here, I was informed yesterday that a 3rd was dive bombing Quest! Does anyone have any other info?? Looks like Skye at the nest now! 1:57 pm

We had a third in territory on Thursday as well.  Lucky dive bombed the heck of the poor falcon and both he and OC drove it out of the territory.  Lots of singles looking for homes this year.

So "singles" would still be looking for sites at this stage in the breeding season? I did not know that.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 14-May-16, 07:17:38 AM »

It used to be that we only saw it during breeding season and that may be because we didn't have cams to watch year round like we do now.  It seems the past few years we're seeing displacements at different times of the year.  It was assumed that they were only driven by raging hormones in the Spring when in fact securing a territory of their own may be just as strong of a motivator as producing offspring is.  I suppose when you think about it, both go hand in hand - you secure a territory and a mate and then you can produce offspring Smiley
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 14-May-16, 07:22:53 AM »

Thanks, Carly!  wave
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 16-May-16, 05:06:52 PM »

New tiercel on cam all day today, black on left leg and red tape on right leg.  He was with Quest earlier today 3 times.

He's on cam right now if you're watching.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 16-May-16, 05:36:47 PM »

Come on, this has to stop!!  Sad

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 16-May-16, 05:48:24 PM »

New tiercel on cam all day today, black on left leg and red tape on right leg.  He was with Quest earlier today 3 times.

Sad news to hear..what's happened to Skye?  Sad

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 16-May-16, 05:59:53 PM »

Well, I guess all we can hope for is he'll take care of Quest and the youngsters.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 16-May-16, 06:28:04 PM »

Sad news to hear..what's happened to Skye?  Sad

No one has seen him yet! This has been going on since Skye came back in March!! Who knows who's eggs these are!!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 16-May-16, 06:35:00 PM »

I'm not sure who this is!! New guy?? Thought I saw a heart!  Sad

Banding is May 26th

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 16-May-16, 06:37:29 PM »

Sad news to hear..what's happened to Skye?  Sad

No one has seen him yet! This has been going on since Skye came back in March!! Who knows who's eggs these are!!

Where did you hear that? There really hasn't been much posted anywhere on CPF-main site or FB- this year so far.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: 16-May-16, 06:41:04 PM »

I just checked in today to see how the kids were doing and just happened to see the male on cam.  Like you I saw a heart and thought..oh it's Skye but then I saw his legs and both legs were dark bands.  Then I saw other things that were different ..subtle differences.  On my work pc I just saw dark on both legs.  Wasn't until I got home tonight and onto my good home pc with the better graphic cards that I saw 'red' on one leg and black on the other.

I'm sure CPF will let us know what is going on.  It was just a fluke that I saw them on cam.  Whoever it is, she's comfortable with him.  All 4 times he was there, so was she..she was inside feeding the kids and he waited patiently outside the box for her.

I didn't know stuff was going on here save for what was posted here the other day about a falcon dive bombing Quest... I had no idea. I hope my Skye is okay, I still remember him as a juvie down on the lower roof top looking at me trying to figure out how to get back up to the nest.  Sad
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 16-May-16, 06:52:17 PM »

Hope Skye is OK and that the new male will help Quest raise her young.  Sad

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 17-May-16, 10:11:27 AM »

New update from Bruce on CPF:

With the weather and strong wind that was causing my scope to shake and my eyes to water I struggled for a band read yet I did manage to get a partial band number. The solid black recovery band was W over 7 something.  Those two alpha numerics along with the red tape that was clearly visible were enough to conclude that this was most likely McKinney, the bird I had seen on this territory in December.

Despite all of these changes Quest is taking incredible care of the chicks.  They are well fed and looked after as witnessed during my two visits there. 

Full details at CPF:

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 17-May-16, 10:51:54 AM »

A big thanks to Bruce for checking on Quest and her eyases. Hope all stays peaceful with McKinny there and that Skye is ok Thanks for posting this update Carly!  pray

Peregrines know no borders.....
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 17-May-16, 12:12:44 PM »

Bad news about Skye but the good news is that all the eyases are doing well! I'm thankful for that!  yes

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: